Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

Burst Fire/Single Fire Toggle Key

5 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,617
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,007 posts
13,651 battles

We have so many ships with incredibly high RoF, but we can still only use the double LMB click to maximize their use. This is actually not okay for the mouse's lifespan. So I suggest a key on the keyboard to toggle the fire modes.

Here is how each mode works:

  • Burst Fire = This mode will fire all guns that lock on the target with a single LMB click. Example: Kolberg will shoot all guns on her port side towards the target, but all guns on her starboard side will not be used.
  • Single Fire = This mode will only fire the guns individually with a single LMB click. But holding the LMB will fire all the guns sequentially (like how it works now).

It can work with torpedoes (UK DD & cruisers), so it should be possible for guns I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,654
[-CAT-]
Member
3,369 posts
13,513 battles
35 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

We have so many ships with incredibly high RoF, but we can still only use the double LMB click to maximize their use. This is actually not okay for the mouse's lifespan. So I suggest a key on the keyboard to toggle the fire modes.

Here is how each mode works:

  • Burst Fire = This mode will fire all guns that lock on the target with a single LMB click. Example: Kolberg will shoot all guns on her port side towards the target, but all guns on her starboard side will not be used.
  • Single Fire = This mode will only fire the guns individually with a single LMB click. But holding the LMB will fire all the guns sequentially (like how it works now).

It can work with torpedoes (UK DD & cruisers), so it should be possible for guns I suppose.

Torpedo Concept

HE, SAP, and UK CL = Press number 1 button first time, it will set to single turret fire. Press number 1 button second time, it will set to all salvo fire.
AP = Press number 2 button first time, it will set to single turret fire. Press number 2 button second time, it will set to all salvo fire.

or

AA, Secondary Concept

How about a button to toggle burst and single fire?
Like how turning secondary and AA guns on and off.

 

I agree with you on how the current setup shortens the mouse's lifespan. I have replaced my mouse 3 times and I have repaired them 5 times (each) before being unusable. (I also play left handed mouse so my RMB is also suffering.)
So yeah, it's not very good and healthy for the mouse.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,617
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,007 posts
13,651 battles
11 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Torpedo Concept

HE, SAP, and UK CL = Press number 1 button first time, it will set to single turret fire. Press number 1 button second time, it will set to all salvo fire.
AP = Press number 2 button first time, it will set to single turret fire. Press number 2 button second time, it will set to all salvo fire.

or

AA, Secondary Concept

How about a button to toggle burst and single fire?
Like how turning secondary and AA guns on and off.

 

I agree with you on how the current setup shortens the mouse's lifespan. I have replaced my mouse 3 times and I have repaired them 5 times (each) before being unusable. (I also play left handed mouse so my RMB is also suffering.)
So yeah, it's not very good and healthy for the mouse.

Well the thing is, my suggestion is already a feature in few other ship games. So it's just odd that WoWs still doesn't have the feature despite being more popular, and technically superior in all aspects (the other games I mentioned are Android-based games).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
804
[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,589 battles

I would loved to see that too.

I want to see our gun barrel dropped down to reload.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,654
[-CAT-]
Member
3,369 posts
13,513 battles
2 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Well the thing is, my suggestion is already a feature in few other ship games. So it's just odd that WoWs still doesn't have the feature despite being more popular, and technically superior in all aspects (the other games I mentioned are Android-based games).

I shall refrain calling WoWs team lazy or making Wows team look bad on this thread.

But yes, why is WoWs team not making this simple QoL change is a mystery.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×