You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mazed_1831

How to CV

10 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
[1AN-E]
20 posts
8,596 battles

Hi all,

I have recently started playing CVs. And primarily play DDs with a blend of BB and CA. However I'm experiencing difficulty in aiming with DBs especially KM line ones. Would appreciate any guidance or advise on this. One last advise would be aiming with the KM rockets on cruisers as I fail to achieve the declared cits 😉

TIA and don't bash me pls for trying out CVs 

Edited by mazed_1831
  • Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,516 posts
15,419 battles

For DB you have to attack from either the front, or the rear of your target. And because the target is moving for most of the time, you have to drop the bombs more ahead than your target's position because the bombs take few seconds before they land on the target.

The AP rockets are indeed difficult to use if the target knows how to angle against them. Other than that, just drop them on the midsection area of the ship, or somewhere below the front turrets in case of Emile Bertin.

CV experts should be able to give a more elaborate advise than I do.

• Thanks 1

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,365 battles

A lot of pain and suffering is the answer. Get a T6 CV ASAP and use T6 ops to practice your targeting tips people offer. Then apply lessons.

• Thanks 1

[SMOKE]
3,407 posts
20,029 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

A lot of pain and suffering is the answer. Get a T6 CV ASAP and use T6 ops to practice your targeting tips people offer. Then apply lessons.

Indeed, I fail to see the logic behind all those T4 CV, make it suffering for everybody , CV player included , and teach practically nothing , all its good for is seal-clubbing in low tier games and that clearly go towards giving CV a bad reputation , and not without reason considering how the low tier surface ships face. I do not play CV on live account but I do play them on PTS, T6 is really you start learning for real

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,817 posts
29,639 battles
5 hours ago, mazed_1831 said:

Hi all,

I have recently started playing CVs. And primarily play DDs with a blend of BB and CA. However I'm experiencing difficulty in aiming with DBs especially KM line ones. Would appreciate any guidance or advise on this. One last advise would be aiming with the KM rockets on cruisers as I fail to achieve the declared cits 😉

TIA and don't bash me pls for trying out CVs 

well, i'll need more info before i can help

what tier are you at, what were you aiming at and do you have any replays

generally for DBs since they dive straight down you want to line up your approach with the aft/bow of the ship and make micro adjustments as you dive on him, make sure your reticle is a bit ahead of where the ship will be because it does take time for the planes to go into a dive and for the bombs to drop. 

• Thanks 1

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
2,072 posts
7,460 battles

Hello OP, as a Ex-RTS Kaga main,

Dive Bomber requires a-lot of leading ahead of the targets. If your target is moving fast front whist turning left or right, you just drop ahead of it. Same goes for Reverse mode .

Yuro.png.e3348907766fe93b4e30fd7f8f10547

Mistake No.1 : Do not drop the DB in such position unless its situational.

2004189063_WorldOfWarships642020-02-0814

AP Rockets for German Carrier requires a dumb-fonded Cruisers or enemy Carrier players to show broadsides as they caused topkek damage to their ships. German Carriers are extremely difficult to specialize it. Complex wise AP Rockets is bad against Destroyers and in rare case , certain Cruisers with heavier armor on belt.

Now i need to know what CV do you have OP? Aside i know you had German CV , since you had mentioned about AP Rockets.

If by perchance of doing CV. The beginner friendly CV is mostly USN or IJN CV's. UK and German CV requires certain skills to play with.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
  • Thanks 1

[1AN-E]
[1AN-E]
20 posts
8,596 battles
3 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

well, i'll need more info before i can help

what tier are you at, what were you aiming at and do you have any replays

generally for DBs since they dive straight down you want to line up your approach with the aft/bow of the ship and make micro adjustments as you dive on him, make sure your reticle is a bit ahead of where the ship will be because it does take time for the planes to go into a dive and for the bombs to drop. 

I'm currently at t6 with Weser. I have around 4k games total but only 50 or so games in CV. My T4 experience with KM line was ok but t6 ship seems to be underwhelming (maybe in large part due to my poor experience). So need basic tips. I understand from where to start the drop but getting them bow or stern on for dB is a bit difficult for the continuous movement (same for getting broadsides of cruisers for rockets). So need some tips on these things. Also seeing I'm new to this class any advise will be highly appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have any vids to share with you guys for now.

[1AN-E]
[1AN-E]
20 posts
8,596 battles
3 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Hello OP, as a Ex-RTS Kaga main,

Dive Bomber requires a-lot of leading ahead of the targets. If your target is moving fast front whist turning left or right, you just drop ahead of it. Same goes for Reverse mode .

Yuro.png.e3348907766fe93b4e30fd7f8f10547

Mistake No.1 : Do not drop the DB in such position unless its situational.

2004189063_WorldOfWarships642020-02-0814

AP Rockets for German Carrier requires a dumb-fonded Cruisers or enemy Carrier players to show broadsides as they caused topkek damage to their ships. German Carriers are extremely difficult to specialize it. Complex wise AP Rockets is bad against Destroyers and in rare case , certain Cruisers with heavier armor on belt.

Now i need to know what CV do you have OP? Aside i know you had German CV , since you had mentioned about AP Rockets.

If by perchance of doing CV. The beginner friendly CV is mostly USN or IJN CV's. UK and German CV requires certain skills to play with.

I have all for T4 lines. In terms of ease of doing damage I found usn line to be the most friendly. With IJn line I have 100% loss (4 games total). So need one/ two line that I want to grind. As I have barely any experience in this class I was thinking usn and km, with KM my primary line. Up to T4 my wr and damage was somewhat acceptable for km. However t6 seems to be kicking my ass. I'm doing average 40k damage while mostly uptiered. So any advise is good advise for me at this point 🙂

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
2,072 posts
7,460 battles
23 minutes ago, mazed_1831 said:

I have all for T4 lines. In terms of ease of doing damage I found usn line to be the most friendly. With IJn line I have 100% loss (4 games total). So need one/ two line that I want to grind. As I have barely any experience in this class I was thinking usn and km, with KM my primary line. Up to T4 my wr and damage was somewhat acceptable for km. However t6 seems to be kicking my ass. I'm doing average 40k damage while mostly uptiered. So any advise is good advise for me at this point 🙂

OP, there is a pointer i could help.

HARD :

If you are a Tier 6 against a Tier 8 , Just carry out your team . Don't recklessly get your plane killed. Just spot for other people where you unable to hit stuffs beyond Tier 8. Find a destroyer and bully him. Make him suffer. Just destroy their formation.

Cause them to go away, Disorient them. ( sometimes disorient wont work ) . Just use your surroundings to nitpick some nubs.

Just remember the enemy ships. Some of their Anti Air-craft Botes are nasty as hell to really wreck your planes if you're not careful.

MEDIUM :

If you are a Tier 6 against a Tier 7 , There is a thing you need to keep in mind, some ships are capable at a chance to delete your plane. Be Cautious. Some ships are a peanuts AA. So you need to play cautiously. As usual find a Destroyer pop a cap in the DD's Ass and go bully other weaklings.

Use the HARD Strategy to utilize the specific enemy ships.

LOW-MEDIUM :

If you are a Tier 6 against a same Tier 6 , Welcome to your battlefield. You might need to check whom ship the enemy assessed with. If you by chance saw a enemy ship like Dallas, keep in mind the DFAA can make things worst upon you.  As i repeated use the HARD strategy.

Most Tier 6 ships aren't much of a threat but that doesn't mean they aren't .

EASY :

If you are a Tier 6 against a Tier 5 , Make them start praying. But even so, you gotta to be diverse with your surroundings. Again, just find a Destroyer and make him pay as usual, and if your planes unable to suitably hit a Destroyer,  Lay a Fighter Consumables to keep it spotted for other players to start making DD running away with regret.

Keep an eye out for lone botes.

-------------------

Same goes when you have Tier 8 CV. Except you gonna face  6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10  2 -/+ Tier Brackets.

So know your strength about the CV.

In conclusion :

Try to damage farm some unsuspecting or dumb-fonded players. Rack up the damage for easy DPM. Cap Denial Destroyers. Know your enemies Ship's AA Intensity I.E USN tends to have the most nastiest AA because of their nasty Dual Purpose Cannon.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
  • Thanks 1

[1AN-E]
[1AN-E]
20 posts
8,596 battles
7 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

OP, there is a pointer i could help.

HARD :

If you are a Tier 6 against a Tier 8 , Just carry out your team . Don't recklessly get your plane killed. Just spot for other people where you unable to hit stuffs beyond Tier 8. Find a destroyer and bully him. Make him suffer. Just destroy their formation.

Cause them to go away, Disorient them. ( sometimes disorient wont work ) . Just use your surroundings to nitpick some nubs.

Just remember the enemy ships. Some of their Anti Air-craft Botes are nasty as hell to really wreck your planes if you're not careful.

MEDIUM :

If you are a Tier 6 against a Tier 7 , There is a thing you need to keep in mind, some ships are capable at a chance to delete your plane. Be Cautious. Some ships are a peanuts AA. So you need to play cautiously. As usual find a Destroyer pop a cap in the DD's Ass and go bully other weaklings.

Use the HARD Strategy to utilize the specific enemy ships.

LOW-MEDIUM :

If you are a Tier 6 against a same Tier 6 , Welcome to your battlefield. You might need to check whom ship the enemy assessed with. If you by chance saw a enemy ship like Dallas, keep in mind the DFAA can make things worst upon you.  As i repeated use the HARD strategy.

Most Tier 6 ships aren't much of a threat but that doesn't mean they aren't .

EASY :

If you are a Tier 6 against a Tier 5 , Make them start praying. But even so, you gotta to be diverse with your surroundings. Again, just find a Destroyer and make him pay as usual, and if your planes unable to suitably hit a Destroyer,  Lay a Fighter Consumables to keep it spotted for other players to start making DD running away with regret.

Keep an eye out for lone botes.

-------------------

Same goes when you have Tier 8 CV. Except you gonna face  6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10  2 -/+ Tier Brackets.

So know your strength about the CV.

In conclusion :

Try to damage farm some unsuspecting or dumb-fonded players. Rack up the damage for easy DPM. Cap Denial Destroyers. Know your enemies Ship's AA Intensity I.E USN tends to have the most nastiest AA because of their nasty Dual Purpose Cannon.

Thanks a lot for the guides. It actually will help in my play. 🙂