You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

Does Kaga have a really tight aiming circle for dive bombs?

8 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,783 battles

I had a couple of DD encounters with Kaga's DB, and somehow I feel the bombs are obsessively accurate vs DD while angled. Does the ship come with a smaller aiming circle?

Edited by sfcgx3

[WGPLS]
194 posts
4,467 battles

As my most played ship, I can tell you that Kaga DB can be very finnicky at times, and is quite reliant on RNG. I had a drop I remembered quite well on a Riga who was dodging perfectly, yet all 4 bombs triangulated into the middle section like they were guided by Yamamoto. Usually though, you have 2-3 bombs that hit the middle section and 1-2 bombs that go on the edges. Kaga reticle can go tighter than American CV DB, though.

Loewenhardt on the other hand...

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,165 battles

I 1v1ed a Kaga the other day in my Z-46. I actually managed to “just dodge” most drops through good use of WASD, and got within point blank torping range. Granted, this was near the end of the game, so few ships left alive, and he was hiding behind islands instead of running  away (and into my allies gun sights).

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,783 battles
8 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I 1v1ed a Kaga the other day in my Z-46. I actually managed to “just dodge” most drops through good use of WASD, and got within point blank torping range. Granted, this was near the end of the game, so few ships left alive, and he was hiding behind islands instead of running  away (and into my allies gun sights).

Well I wasn't so lucky in my Jervis. 3 min left I was alone vs 4 enemy ships but leading in points. Got killed in the last 30 sec after waves of Kaga DBs ( from 2/3 health) . Missed solo warrior.

Solo warrior is almost unatainable in today's world of CVs.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
On 11/24/2020 at 7:15 PM, sfcgx3 said:

I had a couple of DD encounters with Kaga's DB, and somehow I feel the bombs are obsessively accurate vs DD while angled. Does the ship come with a smaller aiming circle?

compared to something like lex or midway it is smaller, but in exchange the bombs do less damage and there only 4 opposed to 6