Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NinoV1

MVR needs nerfing

136 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[TF44]
Member
7 posts
3,880 battles

I honestly don't have anything against CV's, they have a purpose that they serve and they don't usually bother me as much as others. But the MVR is a different story, its straight up ridiculous. The TBs are whatever, but the DBs and Rocket planes are a absolute joke, for example a MVR made two passes on my thunderer with the DBs, one for 18k, another for 28k all within a matter of 20 seconds. The other CVs cant even come close to dealing that much damage, its in a league of its own and all it needs is a non moronic driver to dish out this kind of damage. Its frustrating to play against and honestly drains any enjoyment from the match when i see that im versing one, nerf the god damn DBs at the very least.

 

Rant over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[5DN1L]
Member
152 posts
On 11/24/2020 at 3:53 PM, NinoV1 said:

I honestly don't have anything against CV's, they have a purpose that they serve and they don't usually bother me as much as others. But the MVR is a different story, its straight up ridiculous. The TBs are whatever, but the DBs and Rocket planes are a absolute joke, for example a MVR made two passes on my thunderer with the DBs, one for 18k, another for 28k all within a matter of 20 seconds. The other CVs cant even come close to dealing that much damage, its in a league of its own and all it needs is a non moronic driver to dish out this kind of damage. Its frustrating to play against and honestly drains any enjoyment from the match when i see that im versing one, nerf the god damn DBs at the very least.

 

Rant over.

Just Dodge!

But you will be told how to reduce that 26k damage to 16k damage while showing broadside to 6 ships+spamers.

Just wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,554
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,778 posts
28,507 battles
4 hours ago, NinoV1 said:

I honestly don't have anything against CV's, they have a purpose that they serve and they don't usually bother me as much as others. But the MVR is a different story, its straight up ridiculous. The TBs are whatever, but the DBs and Rocket planes are a absolute joke, for example a MVR made two passes on my thunderer with the DBs, one for 18k, another for 28k all within a matter of 20 seconds. The other CVs cant even come close to dealing that much damage, its in a league of its own and all it needs is a non moronic driver to dish out this kind of damage. Its frustrating to play against and honestly drains any enjoyment from the match when i see that im versing one, nerf the god damn DBs at the very least.

 

Rant over.

technically it's the potential instant alpha that's way above other CVs, yes MVR's AP is a bit on the strong side against BBs and BCs right now but only if RNG smiles on you, it really isn't that easy to get the massive strikes lined up easily if the enemy ship isn't moving at slow speed. In exchange, it suffers in doing anything remotely resembling PTFO, and the only "consistent" way of dealing damage is torps, which like you said are meh.

 

honestly i'd be ok with a bit of balancing for the DBs but if they lower the damage output against BBs too much, then it's going to be useless since the other plane types are either too specialized or just plain suck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[NCOTS]
Member
500 posts
12,612 battles
1 hour ago, PATHAK12345 said:

But you will be told how to reduce that 26k damage to 16k damage while showing broadside to 6 ships+spamers.

No one said this at all, lmao

After all the advices & analysis everyone gave to you, you didn't learn and write BS like this. Seems like you are deficient in reading comprehension plus having hallucinations

The fact that I still saw Neufert in game and you in forums means that there's still a long way till the end of 2020

 

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
77
[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
Member
243 posts
10,498 battles

No, I don't think so.

These days, I would rather fear battleships. It's like 0-1 CV, 1-3DD, 2-3 CAs, 5-7 BBs per game ratio. If I play CA, no matter which way I turn, I always get citadeled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[NCOTS]
Member
500 posts
12,612 battles

Saw Flamu's new vid, oh boi oh boi I am 100% sure someone will used this well-timed published video as a material, just sayin in advance:cap_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,554
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,778 posts
28,507 battles
56 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

Saw Flamu's new vid, oh boi oh boi I am 100% sure someone will used this well-timed published video as a material, just sayin in advance:cap_popcorn:

link?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,209
Member
5,662 posts
9,469 battles
6 hours ago, greywolfsdb2013 said:

No, I don't think so.

These days, I would rather fear battleships. It's like 0-1 CV, 1-3DD, 2-3 CAs, 5-7 BBs per game ratio. If I play CA, no matter which way I turn, I always get citadeled. 

Lol same. I main cruisers so AA is never truly a problem, but them 457/460 AP is a very big issue. And then there are those bloody HE spamming Conq/Thund. AP bombs are actually less ridiculous than those AP.

 

1 hour ago, rookieFTW said:

Saw Flamu's new vid, oh boi oh boi I am 100% sure someone will used this well-timed published video as a material, just sayin in advance:cap_popcorn:

There are only a few things I agree with the Finn: Conkek is a disgusting ship to play against.

Yeah that's it. He might have said the same thing about Small-length.

You can't seriously listen about CVs from a person who firmly believes that CVs should be removed. I hate reworked CVs, but not for the same reasons. I have little problem playing against them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[NCOTS]
Member
500 posts
12,612 battles
34 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

link?

Sorry for the late reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[NCOTS]
Member
500 posts
12,612 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

You can't seriously listen about CVs from a person who firmly believes that CVs should be removed.

He totally sounded like a politician garnering attention during that video. Sigh, now his followers will spread the 'gospel' across the land

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,337
[TLS]
Member
4,835 posts
21,259 battles
2 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

He totally sounded like a politician garnering attention during that video. Sigh, now his followers will spread the 'gospel' across the land

He is the Donald Trump of CCs.

  • Funny 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,209
Member
5,662 posts
9,469 battles
Just now, rookieFTW said:

He totally sounded like a politician garnering attention during that video. Sigh, now his followers will spread the 'gospel' across the land

He is literally the LAST CC I would watch a video from. Other CCs do better than him as WoWS players. IChase and Notser have made guides, NoZoup makes constructive feedback and suggestion videos. What has Flamuu made beside berates and complains?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[NCOTS]
Member
500 posts
12,612 battles
8 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

He is literally the LAST CC I would watch a video from. Other CCs do better than him as WoWS players. IChase and Notser have made guides, NoZoup makes constructive feedback and suggestion videos. What has Flamuu made beside berates and complains?

I respect him as his skills are truly good, I had subscribed to him since years ago and his guides, analysis and experience help me grow a lot as a player. But as someone who is here since years ago, I suppose there's things I should agree and things I should disagree, instead of blindly worshipping him, I think people should take everything with a grain of salt 

Edited by rookieFTW
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,337
[TLS]
Member
4,835 posts
21,259 battles

Having good gaming skills and having good analytical skills do not necessarily come together.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[TF44]
Member
7 posts
3,880 battles
11 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

technically it's the potential instant alpha that's way above other CVs, yes MVR's AP is a bit on the strong side against BBs and BCs right now but only if RNG smiles on you, it really isn't that easy to get the massive strikes lined up easily if the enemy ship isn't moving at slow speed. In exchange, it suffers in doing anything remotely resembling PTFO, and the only "consistent" way of dealing damage is torps, which like you said are meh.

 

honestly i'd be ok with a bit of balancing for the DBs but if they lower the damage output against BBs too much, then it's going to be useless since the other plane types are either too specialized or just plain suck

The alpha is WAY too much, almost 46k in damage under 20 seconds from something you cannot counter is absurd in my eyes. Sure ive been hit for more by BBs using AP before but thats because i was a moron and showed broadside when i shouldn't have. But with MVR, i had DFAA on and was 'dodging' and still got smacked for that amount. Other CVs i kinda shrug it off because the damage isn't cancer inducing, but when youre slapping me for half my health and theres nothing i can do about it? Imma get mad. DP bomb nerf would be more then enough for me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,209
Member
5,662 posts
9,469 battles
15 minutes ago, NinoV1 said:

The alpha is WAY too much, almost 46k in damage under 20 seconds from something you cannot counter is absurd in my eyes. Sure ive been hit for more by BBs using AP before but thats because i was a moron and showed broadside when i shouldn't have. But with MVR, i had DFAA on and was 'dodging' and still got smacked for that amount. Other CVs i kinda shrug it off because the damage isn't cancer inducing, but when youre slapping me for half my health and theres nothing i can do about it? Imma get mad. DP bomb nerf would be more then enough for me.  

Change the way the bombs penetrate so that they would more likely over-penetrate cruisers and citadel BBs. AP bombs are supposed to be the mean to punish BBs and CBs in a way, but CAs/CLs are caught as collateral damage (no pun intended), because of mechanics. Do that, then we can talk damage nerf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
496
[REPOI]
Member
296 posts
13,850 battles
19 hours ago, NinoV1 said:

I honestly don't have anything against CV's, they have a purpose that they serve and they don't usually bother me as much as others. But the MVR is a different story, its straight up ridiculous. The TBs are whatever, but the DBs and Rocket planes are a absolute joke, for example a MVR made two passes on my thunderer with the DBs, one for 18k, another for 28k all within a matter of 20 seconds. The other CVs cant even come close to dealing that much damage, its in a league of its own and all it needs is a non moronic driver to dish out this kind of damage. Its frustrating to play against and honestly drains any enjoyment from the match when i see that im versing one, nerf the god damn DBs at the very least.

 

Rant over.

Is there by any means you could provide us a replay from that battle? Also Thunderer is quite prone to taking huge damages from the DBs. Again if you are actively manuevering, it can be quite hard for them to land huge hits on your unless you are straight lining, or doing your dodging in a particulary predicted path in which the enemy CV predicted in advanced. And yes, a good player should indeed be rewarded for his ability to understand and predict, etc. 
If it is indeed frustrating, take a break. I have had my fair share of getting slapped by them when I am in my cruisers and BBs. Frustrating? Yeap. But if it ever get to me, I close off the game and take a break.

15 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Just Dodge!

But you will be told how to reduce that 26k damage to 16k damage while showing broadside to 6 ships+spamers.

Just wait!

Uhhhh, what more is there to say about this? rookieFTW already did it on our behalf. What I can say after all this is that you are deluded and delusional after all the crap we people have to put up with you.
There is no sign of change and that is always to be expected from people like you on the forums where they would see themselves as I am ALWAYS right. Are you an offspring of Nuefert1 by any means? Or are you actually Neufert1?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[5DN1L]
Member
152 posts

I am just talking to those who think CV's are balanced in respect to other ships according to the spreadsheet because they have around 50% win rate.

Both sides have cv so obviously 1 has to lose if the other wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,554
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,778 posts
28,507 battles
1 hour ago, PATHAK12345 said:

I am just talking to those who think CV's are balanced in respect to other ships according to the spreadsheet because they have around 50% win rate.

Both sides have cv so obviously 1 has to lose if the other wins.

have we been talking into a empty void for the past week, because that's what it seems when I talk to you

1. no one ever brought up CV WR to prove that they were "balanced"

2. all ships have 50% WR, CVs are no exception, and it's not because of mirrored MM

3. you still have 0 idea why people here were shit-talking you, truly you have learned nothing at all

Edited by Drakon233
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,155 posts
486 battles
6 hours ago, Paladinum said:

He is literally the LAST CC I would watch a video from. Other CCs do better than him as WoWS players. IChase and Notser have made guides, NoZoup makes constructive feedback and suggestion videos. What has Flamuu made beside berates and complains?

Perfect example of motivated reasoning.

I played from Alpha testing through to release.

CVs were absurdly OP in beta, and of course in release. The statistics so obviously proved it. Yet CV players denied it constantly. Didn't matter that CVs in every tier topped the charts for av damage, av exp and av win rate. Hell, some of them even beat most of the ships one tier higher in all those elements. Nope, totally a coincidence.

Within the context of that Flamu video, tell me the specific points he makes based on what he's seeing that are objectively false?

First 5 minutes, for example, shows a Des Moines near a Thunderer near a MVR. Planes fly though Flamu's Halland AA, the DM's and Thunderer's and MVR's and drops on the Thunderer.

If THAT collection of AA isn't enough to stop a drop, WTF can? Are CV players that brain dead that they need not even consider the flak potential of their targets? Apparently.

Then goes on to trash the DM over and over.

At the end the screen shows a total of ~260 planes destroyed. Yet the CVs were 2 of the last 4 ships alive, still carrying out strikes.

What's it take to de-plane them? Is that even possible?

He also calculated he'd need to fire uninterrupted for 11 minutes non-stop and never missing to kill an MVR with Halland's HE. He started 3 fires on the MVR for a total of 0 damage, so rapidly does the damacon reload.

The funniest part? One can argue quite reasonably that FDR is even worse.

They're a dreadful design. They were in Beta, they were in the first version, they are now. The never WILL be balanced because they break so many constraints other ships have to obey..

Asia is a server with a CV fetish in particular. Not especially surprising both for some cultural but also playing temperament (if a whole team could win by sitting out of sight and not shot at, they would).

I find it especially hilarious people play and passionately defend a class where WG stated clearly that part of the purpose of the re-work was to lessen the importance of skill between CV players and generally. A class reworked in part so as to lessen the importance of skill. You'd almost hope most people would avoid out of a sense of self-worth following that, LMAO.

But. hey, this is just my opinion.

I'm sure if WG ever offered a "no CV" game option on the live server nobody would play it. 🤣

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[TF44]
Member
529 posts
22,449 battles
4 hours ago, NinoV1 said:

The alpha is WAY too much, almost 46k in damage under 20 seconds from something you cannot counter is absurd in my eyes. Sure ive been hit for more by BBs using AP before but thats because i was a moron and showed broadside when i shouldn't have. But with MVR, i had DFAA on and was 'dodging' and still got smacked for that amount. Other CVs i kinda shrug it off because the damage isn't cancer inducing, but when youre slapping me for half my health and theres nothing i can do about it? Imma get mad. DP bomb nerf would be more then enough for me.  

relax. bb getting one shotted from full health in pre rework was the norm at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,618
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,009 posts
13,678 battles
17 minutes ago, Steeltrap said:

-snip-

> Claims to have been playing since Alpha
> Only 486 battles
> Proceeds to diss the whole server like someone who lives there for half a century

 

Since you are a tester, are you not part of those guys who let all the nonsense things to make it onto the live server in the first place? You might want to remove that "badge od honor" before you try to be WG's opposition.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,209
Member
5,662 posts
9,469 battles
12 minutes ago, Steeltrap said:

They're a dreadful design. They were in Beta, they were in the first version, they are now. The never WILL be balanced because they break so many constraints other ships have to obey..

If one is unreasonable enough to think that CVs are, somehow, the same as BBs, CRs or DDs, and thus, should be subjected to the same rules, I have no reason to even argue with that person.

 

Also nearly everything you said reeks of experience from RTS era and zero from rework. Manfred, even as a CV, is straight up busted. Even the "CVs are fine" people think so. Ridiculously stealthy fighters and unstoppable AP bombs. Busted.

Bring back RTS CVs so I can **** on CV haters pls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,289 posts
8,802 battles
Just now, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

 

Since you are a tester, are you not part of those guys who let all the nonsense things to make it onto the live server in the first place? You might want to remove that "badge od honor" before you try to be WG's opposition.

Nah, us alphas did practically SFA.

All we did was have the luck to get invited to play early.

Sure, we provided a little feedback, but most of what we did was just play normally and then the devs looked at heatmaps, datasheets etc and then made up their own minds as to what needs tweaking.

Blaming us is like blaming the stokers for a ship collision.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
559
[LNA]
Member
2,093 posts
15,369 battles
5 hours ago, NinoV1 said:

The alpha is WAY too much, almost 46k in damage under 20 seconds from something you cannot counter is absurd in my eyes. Sure ive been hit for more by BBs using AP before but thats because i was a moron and showed broadside when i shouldn't have. But with MVR, i had DFAA on and was 'dodging' and still got smacked for that amount. Other CVs i kinda shrug it off because the damage isn't cancer inducing, but when youre slapping me for half my health and theres nothing i can do about it? Imma get mad. DP bomb nerf would be more then enough for me.  

You can. But you fail to plan ahead. You will see German AP bomb coming due to their high flying nature.
Unlike JP AP bomb who can mask terrain and LoL drop you through mountain, German will fly in from broad daylight.
You cannot stop it's first drop as it has a heal, but you can stop it from following up by angling as it heavily depend on lining up.
MVR is the number one choice  for CW for this reason, it is excellent at removing camping cruiser and will threaten out of position BB except for a Montana or Ohio.
Stop camping, keep moving and be dynamic. German CV run out of steam faster than any other CV. Make him pay for every attempt, you are buying your team time.
Oh, and one word about Thunderer : You are delicious, DFAA won't save your hide, only good positioning. Thunderer love to flock to the back of the map, which simplify routing for CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×