You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ahrec

Devstrike using the Friesland

7 comments in this topic

3 posts
4,982 battles

Ok, so I got just a match where I got a devstrike from the Friesland, im just curious about it. Devstrike only occurs when you destroy a ship with one salvo of shells or torps (which of course Friesland does not have). But how is it possible to get a devstrike in a Friesland? Does an unending fire of the Friesland counts as a salvo?

devstrike3.thumb.PNG.8b60c76f67781cb7d3efe395c424f271.PNGdevstrike.thumb.PNG.5734a7155c86023d0236bf149318237f.PNG

Edited by Ahrec

5,678 posts
9,489 battles

Did you detonate your victim?

Detonation is the only non-bug explanation.

3 posts
4,982 battles

26 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Did you detonate your victim?

Detonation is the only non-bug explanation.

Nope I didn't, i just sprayed him down until he was dead. I got the devstrike on the Skane btw. Here's the replay, should be on the first few minutes of the game

20201124_152927_PWSD510-Friesland_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

Edited by Ahrec

[MRI]
3,787 posts
16,847 battles

I think it was a bug.

Perhaps the game thought it was one salvo since you were holding down the mouse button? You can post this in the bug report forum.

Not the first time the Devstrike achievement has been a bit buggy - I noticed this started happening recently. I got a game about a week or so back when I got a devstrike when I shouldn't have. IIrc I torped a guy but he survived on low health, then when my shell salvo finished him off I got the achievement.

5,678 posts
9,489 battles
14 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

IIrc I torped a guy but he survived on low health, then when my shell salvo finished him off I got the achievement.

That may have been a timer thing IMO, you finished him off quickly enough, like Double Strike having a timer?

As for OP, no idea. Most likely a bug.

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,879 posts
14,444 battles

WG has an idea to remove Friesland because of dev strike