You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

For ppl frustrated by 2 CV games, come and see this game

26 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,798 battles

I encountered 2 such games today, 1 in Amalfi and 1 in Jervis. Both double T8s.

This one I was in Amalfi. Pretty sure you will like the game. Its about how a low AA ship can be useful in a CV heavy game.

Replay:

https://replayswows.com/replay/download/114467

458029984_Amalfi2CV1.thumb.jpg.5b9b72466553e3a4848dba87ddaba15b.jpg517703941_Amalfi2CV2.thumb.jpg.d09c3363b72f6e3e1549748505728087.jpg

Edited by sfcgx3
  • Cool 1

27 posts
1,599 battles

2 x 2 CV games are garbage, they make me want to AFK when I see the line up.

Just now...more than twice as many CV's in queue as DD's! ...and more CV's queued than DD's AND cruisers COMBINED!

How is this not a problem?

Why so few DD's?, because your niche as a concealment and spotting centric ship is meaningless when there are two carrier decks full of planes spotting everything and rocketing DD's to shreds as early in the match as possible.

(edit) BTW, even when your team wins... so what! You still can't fulfil much of a useful role as a DD with planes overhead 50%+ of the match. 

CV's already fully infest this game, and soon submarines are going to make things worse. No more of my money goes to WG. No more of my time will go to suffering through their broken game either.

Edited by Iskandur
  • Thanks 1

[LBAS]
2,062 posts
3,738 battles

as CV player myself I HATE 2x2 CV GAMES!

1. noob ally CV vs 2 good enemy CV

double CV mean i am not only carry the team but also noob ally CV..... enemy kill my ally faster.... god daaamn it

2. less worth it to snipe enemy CV....

one down.... so what? another pest still flying

3.  more patrol plane...

annoying as heck, ooooii 

4. its a whole meessss

forget strategy, just farm damage

since RTS era, 2x CV game is stupid, that is why T8 and above 2x CV got removed!

why cannt we have it at rework CV?

[NCOTS]
503 posts
12,665 battles

2 CVs might be a bit too much sometimes, but it's not that common until the point that one has to rant *looks at another ranting post*

3 hours ago, Iskandur said:

Just now...more than twice as many CV's in queue as DD's! ...and more CV's queued than DD's AND cruisers COMBINED!

It's a simple logic, only 1 or 2 CVs are allowed per game, therefore CV players have to spend more time waiting, which you can see a lot of CV players waiting to be queue. 

It's not like there's a lot of CV players, it's just you forgetting MM logic

• Cool 2

[5DN1L]
152 posts
6 hours ago, rookieFTW said:

2 CVs might be a bit too much sometimes, but it's not that common until the point that one has to rant *looks at another ranting post*

It's a simple logic, only 1 or 2 CVs are allowed per game, therefore CV players have to spend more time waiting, which you can see a lot of CV players waiting to be queue. 

It's not like there's a lot of CV players, it's just you forgetting MM logic

Sorry but I dont agree with your point.

After playing around 70 cv matches MM takes normal time and 4 cv games are common.

Many times there is one tier 8 cv and other is tier 6.

[NCOTS]
503 posts
12,665 battles

It will take a longer time especially in high tiers, cuz high tiers like T10 are hard capped. 

[WGPLS]
197 posts
4,474 battles

Still remember a game where there was a Lexington and a Kaga, both focused me in Vanquelin. Not even mad when they killed me, just proud I survived and distracted them for 15 minutes with WASD hacks.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles

A large % of it is time of day.

I tend to find in quieter times - higher ratio of 2x2 CV games.

This makes sense as the MM is trying to throw people together to fill games.

Personally I'd rather wait in queue longer and get proper games than not.

At least it isn't as bad as WoT. I popped in the other day and was like 'I'll grind a bit of a new line'

So I pulled out a T1 and went for it.

Wasn't even a quiet time for MM, plenty people in queue but NOPE.

After 3 timed-out 5 minute queues, couldn't get a game.

MM at T1 doesn't put those with lots of battles in with others and they don't use bots to make up the gap.

You actually have to yse FXP to get out of lowbie tiers.

WG and MM - not a fun mix!

[AUNZN]
50 posts
5,994 battles
On 11/22/2020 at 4:58 PM, Iskandur said:

2 x 2 CV games are garbage, they make me want to AFK when I see the line up.

How is this not a problem?

Why so few DD's?, because your niche as a concealment and spotting centric ship is meaningless when there are two carrier decks full of planes spotting everything and rocketing DD's to shreds as early in the match as possible.

(edit) BTW, even when your team wins... so what! You still can't fulfil much of a useful role as a DD with planes overhead 50%+ of the match. 

CV's already fully infest this game, and soon submarines are going to make things worse. No more of my money goes to WG. No more of my time will go to suffering through their broken game either.

Exactly 

[BONED]
790 posts
9,757 battles
On 11/23/2020 at 3:05 PM, S4pp3R said:

A large % of it is time of day.

I tend to find in quieter times - higher ratio of 2x2 CV games.

This makes sense as the MM is trying to throw people together to fill games.

Personally I'd rather wait in queue longer and get proper games than not.

At least it isn't as bad as WoT. I popped in the other day and was like 'I'll grind a bit of a new line'

So I pulled out a T1 and went for it.

Wasn't even a quiet time for MM, plenty people in queue but NOPE.

After 3 timed-out 5 minute queues, couldn't get a game.

MM at T1 doesn't put those with lots of battles in with others and they don't use bots to make up the gap.

You actually have to yse FXP to get out of lowbie tiers.

WG and MM - not a fun mix!

Almost no-one plays tier 1 anymore mate. I think you get a free T6 premium after you do the initial bootcamp and in a couple of games you can get the free xp needed to go to tier 3 or 4. Even T4 games are pretty few and far between.

And the number of boosters which are hurled at players these days makes it a doddle to get into mid tiers. 

They use bots on the ANZ server (and other small ones) to allow games to be made. 

Its the price you pay to get well rewarded for team play! :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
On 11/22/2020 at 7:58 PM, Iskandur said:

Why so few DD's?

38 minutes ago, smoothsac said:

Exactly

This is actually a fallacy; DD population has been higher lately from memory (someone recently dug up the numbers), off the top of my head it was actually CL/As that were down...

But by all means make up arbritrary or anecdotal facts to back up your point... ... ...

(Sorry, bit short on patience today)

[BONED]
790 posts
9,757 battles

It turned on a dime. 

One day there was barely enough for 1 DD games, then suddenly 4 each side was the new orange.

It is also really erratic.  One game with 4 each side, then none, then back to 3 with seemingly not much difference in queue numbers.

• Cool 1

[4RSE]
403 posts
10,856 battles

I had 3 epic games at T2 the other day. I put my 19 point Thea Kruetzer (spelling?) on Emden and went to do a bit of pseudo seal clubbing (is it really seal clubbing when you use Emden). Got a few confederates and a high caliber for my troubles.  The opposing team contained more than one fellow seal clubber and the battles were epic.  Lots of bots naturally.

I recommend everyone try some low tier mayhem every now and then. Of course, veterans need to use the weakest ships. Full manual secondary Mikasa is acceptable (one fellow seal clubber did that - LOL).

• Cool 2

[BONED]
790 posts
9,757 battles

Had a strange game this morning. 

Me in an Oster, and a Goergia (who turned out to be a bot) vs a Yug and a JB (also a bot).

Noted straight away Yug didn't have RPF so chased him down and out-gunned him, got the cap, torped the JB a few times, got another cap, before burning the JB down.

Best ratio of rewards to time spent.

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,798 battles
7 hours ago, Puggsley said:

Had a strange game this morning. 

Me in an Oster, and a Goergia (who turned out to be a bot) vs a Yug and a JB (also a bot).

Noted straight away Yug didn't have RPF so chased him down and out-gunned him, got the cap, torped the JB a few times, got another cap, before burning the JB down.

Best ratio of rewards to time spent.

Hmm I thought bot population has decreased since CN 70

Alpha Tester
2,155 posts
486 battles

LMAO.

2 CV games? No, 1 CV games are bad enough.

Don't accept that? OK, in reply to your video, I offer this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFTkdm4-tiY

CVs are garbage. I played from Alpha through release. They were OP garbage in Beta, OP on release (and the statistical evidence at the time proved it beyond any doubt), and still garbage that will never fit in with the rest of the game.

But, hey, for the people who like playing them, many of whom end up with better stats in them than any other class they play which I'm sure is a coincidence and nothing to do with the class itself, I'm sure you'll disagree.

Just as all the CV mains disagreed years ago in the face of evidence, right up to when WG 'nerfed' them and then re-worked them entirely. As an aside, imagine playing a class where WG themselves said one of the primary objectives of the re-work was to lessen the significance of skill differences between CV players.

As I said, LMAO.

[4RSE]
403 posts
10,856 battles
21 hours ago, Steeltrap said:

LMAO.

2 CV games? No, 1 CV games are bad enough.

Don't accept that? OK, in reply to your video, I offer this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFTkdm4-tiY

CVs are garbage. I played from Alpha through release. They were OP garbage in Beta, OP on release (and the statistical evidence at the time proved it beyond any doubt), and still garbage that will never fit in with the rest of the game.

But, hey, for the people who like playing them, many of whom end up with better stats in them than any other class they play which I'm sure is a coincidence and nothing to do with the class itself, I'm sure you'll disagree.

Just as all the CV mains disagreed years ago in the face of evidence, right up to when WG 'nerfed' them and then re-worked them entirely. As an aside, imagine playing a class where WG themselves said one of the primary objectives of the re-work was to lessen the significance of skill differences between CV players.

As I said, LMAO.

Dunno man, according to WOWS Stats - you have never played a CV in randoms ever and only have low tier experience in all other classes. Hardly an expert at anything at all. Please stop trying to derail every thread about CV's. Nobody is going to take anything you say seriously at all.

• Cool 2

27 posts
1,599 battles
On 11/24/2020 at 11:37 AM, S4pp3R said:

This is actually a fallacy; DD population has been higher lately from memory (someone recently dug up the numbers), off the top of my head it was actually CL/As that were down...

But by all means make up arbritrary or anecdotal facts to back up your point... ... ...

(Sorry, bit short on patience today)

I looked at the game queue that I was in... more CV's were queued than cruisers and destroyers combined. That's my anecdote. Your patience deficit is your problem.

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
26 minutes ago, Iskandur said:

I looked at the game queue that I was in... more CV's were queued than cruisers and destroyers combined. That's my anecdote. Your patience deficit is your problem.

Yes and thus I apologised to frame my tone, take that as you will, I didn't change it.

And queue numbers are the worst type of anecdote as CVs have hard limits on the number that can be in a game and at what tiers.

So your anecdote is at best unreliable for an anecdote but don't let that get in the way of confirmation bias, that'd be no fun at all... ...

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles
1 hour ago, Iskandur said:

I looked at the game queue that I was in... more CV's were queued than cruisers and destroyers combined. That's my anecdote. Your patience deficit is your problem

How do you not understand?  Only 2-4 Cvs per game out of 50 in queue means it will take 12-25 games to get those out of the queue. BUT in the time that the first few games have played the original CVs are back in the queue, possibly others have joined.

Other ships don't have those low limits so the queue size is dramatically smaller.

On 11/25/2020 at 8:22 PM, Steeltrap said:

CVs are garbage. I played from Alpha through release

Well that is your opinion and not a FACT.  And you're the voice of reason?  We get it, you don't like CVs. they are probably not going anywhere so either construct useful feedback to improve them or move along.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,507 posts
18,035 battles

2 CV game in high tier is tolerable at best, but you get down to mid and low tier and try to talk that into those BB, Cruiser, or DD players , who had what single digit, teen numbers of AA, slow slow sailing ships and well ...

On 11/24/2020 at 6:24 PM, lunsmann said:

I had 3 epic games at T2 the other day. I put my 19 point Thea Kruetzer (spelling?) on Emden and went to do a bit of pseudo seal clubbing (is it really seal clubbing when you use Emden). Got a few confederates and a high caliber for my troubles.  The opposing team contained more than one fellow seal clubber and the battles were epic.  Lots of bots naturally.

I doubt new players into the game had any 19 point captain to play with , we who are veteran can cruise and seal clubbing but is this really good for the game , and if all the newer , fresh player had to keep suffering to get to some level to be even able to play straight , its not going to be rosy for the new players, and if they are matched into a game with seal clubbing veteran and a CV or 2 , you can guess how frustrated they are

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

So your anecdote is at best unreliable for an anecdote but don't let that get in the way of confirmation bias, that'd be no fun at all... ...

The roast is stronk in this one.

For me, using confirmation bias is just a sign of weakness and over-sensitivity (snowflakiness).

The queue thing is an indication of interest: the more people in queue for a ship type, the more people want to play that ship type. Sure. But when that ship type - CV, is intended to be re-made to be as equal as possible to other ship types (WG's intention), let's just say that the 1-2 CVs/team/match thing will make the number of CVs in queue looks hella bloated, because those players are essentially stuck there.

The number of CRs in a match is uncapped, so number in queue doesn't say anything with certainty. I play CRs all the times and rarely even get 1 minute queue during peak hours.

Low DDs in queue is, obviously, a sign of disinterest. There are just a bit too many things that would hamper a DD's play. However, DD is the type with the highest skill floor around, so expect hindrances. Though it is funny to have a 4 DDs/team in one battle, and the next one is 1 DD/team.

High number of BBs in queue is simply a normal occurence in this game, move along.

[SMOKE]
2,507 posts
18,035 battles
20 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Low DDs in queue is, obviously, a sign of disinterest. There are just a bit too many things that would hamper a DD's play. However, DD is the type with the highest skill floor around, so expect hindrances. Though it is funny to have a 4 DDs/team in one battle, and the next one is 1 DD/team.

more like the hindrance is what made the skill floor so high, not the other way round , and the lack of interest is not all just because of that ; if that high skill floor demand coupled with high level of hindrance is rewarded with high return , you can bet there will still plenty who will play, but you get Cruiser who can play in relative ease with its utility and get rewarded , and BB with ease can get rewarded mighty just by farming from range and safety without the high skill floor demanded, then people will switch to play the class that reward and not the one class that just penalize 

Edited by Mechfori