Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DeltaMikeBravo

Bitching, matchmaking... again!

9 comments in this topic

19 posts
7,982 battles

Entered a game with my T7 BB, KGV... ended up in a T9 game, as usual! This time though, we had two (2) x T8 CV's per side. A total waste of gameplay, credits & real money. Having two (2) CV's per side per game is nothing unusual though - even when it makes the game totally lop-sided & reduces the outcome to the skills of the CV players & to hell with the other twenty (20) players in the game. When the hell is Wargaming going to restrict games to one (1) x CV per side & address the matchmaking issues? I can only put it down to pure greed on Wargaming's part, or maybe laziness, or they just don't give a damn about their players since the matchmaking issues don't affect their bottom line.. so much for Customer Service! Feedback pls?

- Mike

• Funny 1

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,859 battles

As much as I hate 2 CVs per game, now tell me, out of how many battles do you even encounter a double CV game?
Are you making this thread based on that 1 single game you got a double CV out of many other matches where you face against 1 or none in your match? If it is a single game, so be it,
Suck it up, move on. Also after some "copy pasting your IGN into WoWs Numbers", I am fairly certain its not that double CV game you got. A decent player should atleast know what is best in said case, but as for your case, you lived up to your clan's name instead. Look back on yourself, reflect back on yourself, only then you can improve

It is also known that T7s tend to face T9s quite often so there is nothing shocking about that.
It also does seem you play exclusively solo, well there is that. Its randoms anyways, 90% of the players you get are generally tomatoes and oranges

188 posts
638 battles

I see no problem with double CV per team. The fact it mitigates concealment means I have more targets to shoot at.

Moreover, it's not like CVs are totally capable to sink me from full health in one run.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,496 posts
18,035 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Helena said:

I see no problem with double CV per team. The fact it mitigates concealment means I have more targets to shoot at.

Moreover, it's not like CVs are totally capable to sink me from full health in one run.

Try to talk that into players who are playing the under tier cruiser without the hp the armor , not the AA and not able to hide ...

Yes 2CV provide the almost universal all the time spotting and that is exactly why it ruin the game cause concealment is very much part of the play many plays and when you take that away you leave what the CV and the BB ... only ... and ...

Now play an under tier Soviet Cruiser or IJN DD or a slow BB Who cannot dodge cannot hide cannot AA and tell me you had those more target to shoot at .. sure but before that you are the target yourself 

There is good reason why the infestation of Radar, BB, CV , HE Spamming cause hatred. Everything is good in its own right but too much is always not a good thing and no less how they all work together to destroy others equal and fair possibilities cause the game give no counterplay , and plane spotting very much so.

1 CV restriction is reasonable demand and well justed.

• Cool 2

[151ST]
188 posts
4,327 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Helena said:

When both cv's tag team you death comes very fast. Like, you're back in port in a blink of a rocket run....

• Cool 1

188 posts
638 battles
46 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

Try to talk that into players who are playing the under tier cruiser without the hp the armor , not the AA and not able to hide ...

Yes 2CV provide the almost universal all the time spotting and that is exactly why it ruin the game cause concealment is very much part of the play many plays and when you take that away you leave what the CV and the BB ... only ... and ...

Now play an under tier Soviet Cruiser or IJN DD or a slow BB Who cannot dodge cannot hide cannot AA and tell me you had those more target to shoot at .. sure but before that you are the target yourself 

There is good reason why the infestation of Radar, BB, CV , HE Spamming cause hatred. Everything is good in its own right but too much is always not a good thing and no less how they all work together to destroy others equal and fair possibilities cause the game give no counterplay , and plane spotting very much so.

1 CV restriction is reasonable demand and well justed.

Are DDs not exactly doing the same to any other class other than themselves? DDs might find it fun to perma spot cruisers, especially if the cruiser has no radar to deter it. DDs also have undisputed advantage over BBs. What can a BB do then to counter the invisible yet strong enough to send the BB back to port instantly? Apparently not caring of whatever happens to the others at the frontline actually works, even if it's something detestable to do. And of course unlike CVs which are capped at 2 per team, DDs are capped at 4. While the latter is still rare on higher tier games, it happens a lot in the lower tier. And God forbid you from winning if the enemy Kamikaze/Gremy is unchecked, which are mostly played by sealclubbers.

Then there are cruisers, which are the most versatile ones due to their large variety of playstyle. Some are good at island hugging, some are good at speed juking, and some can actually harass bigger ships at close range. Despite their fragile survivability, the consistency of their damage output still justifies that. Although there are ridiculous exceptions like Smolensk being unkillable when broadsiding at close range, or Stalingrad which behaves more like a BB than a cruiser.

One might argue BBs are generally stronger than the other classes, one might also argue the opposite. In the end of the day, they get hammered the most. Playing too passively means you literally sacrifice your teammates, although it profitable from the economic aspect. Playing too aggressively means you sign your early death warrant, except if the enemies are so bad that you survive doing something incredibly stupid.

Then there is spotting issue with CVs. Granted they are incredibly effective at higher tiers, but that's mainly because the average higher tier players will mostly know who to shoot upon the CV spotting. However at lower tier, this is not something that often works as intended. But in the end of the day, it's just a matter of which team has more capable shooters. One team is bound to have more Stormtrooper wannabe.

Just as someone said on the other thread. People always have vested interest on things they grow attachment to. Enjoying the game at the expense of the others will always be the top priority regardless of how they achieve it. And the game is perfectly designed for that purpose.

• Cool 3

[NCOTS]
502 posts
12,665 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Snip

I prefer this wall of text than the usual one we see by ......., its clear and well constructed :cap_like:

Edited by rookieFTW
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this