Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
swap1997

Error in Iowa armor scheme

8 comments in this topic

66 posts
4,904 battles

hello guyz,

i have seen d preview of american battleships on d channels of phlydaily and baron von gamez and i noticed on error in the armor scheme of the Iowa class battleships as that they had an armor ranging from 1-287 mm whereas i reality they had about 1-310 mm.

if any of the admins or dvelopers have noticed this error then would there b a patch to address this issue or is it another of WOWS necessity.

for the link on armor scheme here it is,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa-class_battleship

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

• With addition of many new ships with different armour structure, there were a lot of issues reported regarding incorrect armour stats displayed in Port. The Armour UI was temporarily removed, and will be brought back after reworking.

Edited by ExESGO

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The real armor scheme of ships are not viewable, just looking at the paper stats won't tell you anything (especially if you don't play the game).

Also, WG is free to make adjustments to the ships as they wanted, as long as it does good for gameplay balance.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

66 posts
4,904 battles

You do realise wikipedia is not a historical source?

if u think dat d above stats r incorrect then d same r also present in 2 books abt us battleships 

1) US Battleships an illustrated design history by Norman Friedman

2)US Battleships 1935-1992 by Garzke and Dulin

The info on wiki has been taken from these two sources.

i dont think u wud dare 2 say they too r not historical souces as one of them is a doctorate

66 posts
4,904 battles

Also if d developers havent taken dis into consideration then all us battleships from the north  aroli a class have a layer of STS or special treatment steel intended to decap shells . So will some shells that strike those ships also b dud hits due to d sts as in real life.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

i dont think u wud dare 2 say they too r not historical souces as one of them is a doctorate

Then why didn't you quote them to begin with? Besides, I'm very hesitant to believe somebody who cannot even be bothered to attempt to spell words correctly.

66 posts
4,904 battles

Then why didn't you quote them to begin with? Besides, I'm very hesitant to believe somebody who cannot even be bothered to attempt to spell words correctly.

well since u r a beta tester i thought u would b accustomed wid d facts. nd plz mind d spellings bro.....everybody makes mistakes:B.

Sign in to follow this