You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drakon233

stop whining about kita nerfs

43 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles

yes, kitakaze was too stong, now she's getting balanced to where she belongs, deal with it.

ofc there are be people who say "oh but she isn't too strong blehblehbleh, but have any of them considered why they think kita wasn't too strong or gave any reasons of than "i think"?

image.thumb.png.b3348895beef54cbd1e6f80aa8f9645e.png

Some basic info and  stats

Offensively Kita's got 4*2  IJN long 100mms that comes with 3s base reload and 30mm base penn, while she has a base range of 12.5km on the guns people will generally take it up to 14 with either the range mod or AFT, as for torpedos she has 3 different types of them of in line with general IJN line 1 torp boat characteristics 

in terms of other stats, she has 5.8km concealment fully stacked, because ofc you want to fully stack your concealment, 20700HP and decent mobility

so what does this ship in it's whole package gives people?

it gives a ship in a DD slot with 75% of a Seattle's firepower, that has smoke and can spam people with impunity that can even melt BBs if you spec IFHE

it gives a ship with torpdedo damage potential comparable to IJN line 1 ships, the ones that sacrificed everything except concealment and the kitchens sink to get it

it gives a ship with the firepower in DD brawls to shread almost anything it gets into a cap with that has remotely comparable concealment, even most DDs in T10

it gives a ship with good enough concealment ability to permaspot any DD that actually has good enough firepower to maybe match it for his teammates to freely shoot

it gives the 2nd highest HP of any T9 DD, even other "dedicated" gunboats like morgador or friesland have lower HP, which they traded off for massive concealment 

how the actual [content removed]  does anyone think a ship like this is balanced? 

and if anyone's not convinced that kita wasn't too good at everything already, take a look at comparable ships at T9

fletcher:

image.png.9177332b25bb57f980a2321a88a577c8.png

• worse torps
  •  worse guns
  •  barely 0.1km better concealment
  • 3k less HP
  •  comparable mobility

Udaloi:

image.thumb.png.05769c601fcbac390ec50d2322595c8c.png

• worse torps
  • slightly better guns for mid-range DD duels but much worse against BB/CAs,
  • 2km worse concealment
  • 2k less HP but has heal&smoke
  • better mobility

Tashkent:

image.png.7783e7228f31be4bc39dbbd27b46fe65.png

• much worse torps
  • slightly better guns for mid range DD duels but much worse against BB/CAs
  • 2km worse concealment
  • better agility,
  • comparable health and heal, but no smoke

Morgador

image.png.12936bbc70fee57aa5e142990babf866.png

• much worse torps
  • much better guns for mid range DD duels but much worse against BB/CAs
  • much lower DPM but has MBRB for burst damage
  • 2km worse concealment
  • better agility,
  • no heal or smoke

Z46 

image.png.03442075f8edf23437a2d4f3126074d6.png

• comparable torps if you factor how fast they reload
  • much worse guns
  • much lower damage output but has smoke+hydro to contest caps
  • comparable concealment
  • comparable agility,

you can see clear as day from a simple sideways comparison that kita isn't just one of the best gunboats in game, even surpassing ships like marceau and harugumu in T10 in some aspects, she also has EVERYTHING that other lines have in in terms or torps, concealment and health, with none of the major drawbacks that they suffered to get their "specialty"

By now I'm just tired of this crap, and you know what, I'll go as far as to say this, anyone who claims that kita doesn't deserve a nerf falls into one of the below categories

either a shitter who doesn't know how to properly play to her strengths and actually genuinely think she's bad

or someone who has a vested interest in keeping their favorite ship OP and are just lying through their teeth that it's "not OP"

either way, both of you types shut it, there's only so much dumb shit that i put up with before going on a rant

/endrant

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 3

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,929 battles

I'm told by Drakon to come here.

*insert bait comment reeee-*

WG buff Hipper pls

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WGPLS]
8 posts
3,145 battles

Bait ready, I have bitten.
Buff Kita not OP REEE

Also Hipper buff pls

Edited by BOBTHEBALL
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

5,677 posts
9,487 battles

WG buff Fries pls.

The huge number of players actually prefers Kita to Haru, which tells a lot about Kita's strength.

I don't really understand the point of allowing the 100 mm guns to have 30 mm HE pen. Is 1/5 HE pen (20 mm) not enough, lol?

19 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

By now I'm just tired of this crap, and you know what, I'll go as far as to say this, anyone who claims that kita doesn't deserve a nerf falls into one of the below categories

Nah you forgot the "this nerf prevents DDs from doing anything" guy. But don't even bother respond.

13 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

either a shitter who doesn't know how to properly play to her strengths and actually genuinely think she's bad

insert me open water gunboating with the ship like it's the end of the world

• Cool 1

188 posts
638 battles
7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

The huge number of players actually prefers Kita to Haru, which tells a lot about Kita's strength.

Isn't that more because Harugumo takes full AP damage from BBs? The same exact reason is why Khaba is near extinction.

Harugumo's concealment is not that bad I believe. With just 6.2 km max concealment, it is way too good. Stealthier than Friesland, but has 2.5x more guns.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Isn't that more because Harugumo takes full AP damage from BBs? The same exact reason is why Khaba is near extinction.

Harugumo's concealment is not that bad I believe. With just 6.2 km max concealment, it is way too good. Stealthier than Friesland, but has 2.5x more guns.

she also turns like a brick and is a bit slower, but yes mainly it's cuz she still eats full penn damage from BBs

5,677 posts
9,487 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

WG buff Fries pls.

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,879 posts
14,444 battles

they said that CC is a mistake

a7WVB9b_460s.jpg.64808f60e84b6e66f25a56fae0855fe0.jpg

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,877 battles
1 hour ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

WG buff Hipper pls

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Also Hipper buff pls

I came for the Drakrant, I stayed for the Hipper buffs.

Also, Bob, you're hot.

Grab a drink sometime?

bob.png.8c2cfc0b232568d09d511ca28443e613.png

I'll wear my dress overly tall novelty Stars and Stripes hat.

• Funny 1

5,677 posts
9,487 battles

All this talk encourages me to say this more:

WG buff Friesland pls.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles

Kitakaze is not too strong...

When I play her 😛 

Everyone else? Yeah, she's a monster.

This is where WG makes mistakes, instead of nerfing the ships, they should nerf the more skilled players.

That way players who use mechanical aids such as strong ships to cover their lack of skill don't feel like their advantage is being taken away.

Overall, I don't really play Kita enough at the moment to care. Concealment on a ship like that IS a bit too good.

I just wish that WG balanced certain Russian ships in a way that actually mattered...

• Funny 2

[LBAS]
5,308 posts
11,966 battles
2 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

fletcher:

She's peak condition for USN DD lines trem of speed better concealment although not good as weeb
Well acceptable torp reload time if put the right skill and upgrades
Like pan-asian DD T9 

Kita is well mobility but cost for one torp turret 

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[LBAS]
5,308 posts
11,966 battles
2 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Also Hipper buff pls

In your grave

shot-20.11.20_03.19.28-0301.jpg

[LBAS]
5,308 posts
11,966 battles
2 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

worse torps

What's your standard for best torps????:fish_glass:

How about Morgador with full torps reloading upgrade and you say that worst torp

Honestly what's the true trump card for the rest of destroyer, gun or torps?

t1larg.jpg

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles
3 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

or someone who has a vested interest in keeping their favorite ship OP and are just lying through their teeth that it's "not OP"

Then you have those DD mains who base their entire identity around being a DD player so much so every nerf to DDs is seen as an attack on their own person.

Nevermind that intra-class balancing is a thing and that the concealment nerf is meant to help other DDs against Kitakaze. If it is a nerf to DDs, then it is automatically bad. In their mind, it is not Kitakaze that is OP, but rather every other DD that is UP.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

Kitakaze is still my food anyway, regardless of nerfs or buffs, They're still my bitch.

All destroyers are...

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
  • Funny 1

[WGPLS]
8 posts
3,145 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I came for the Drakrant, I stayed for the Hipper buffs.

Also, Bob, you're hot.

Grab a drink sometime?

bob.png.8c2cfc0b232568d09d511ca28443e613.png

I'll wear my dress overly tall novelty Stars and Stripes hat.

Won't say no.

cover4.jpg

• Thanks 1

[SMOKE]
2,484 posts
18,013 battles

Oh yeah right it's working good then nerf now nerf all BB with 400+ guns cause they are too good over match cruisers , nerf all radar cause they are too good out range DD, nerf all .... add your own

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles
5 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

a shitter who doesn't know how to properly play to her strengths and actually genuinely think she's bad

6 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

Oh yeah right it's working good then nerf now nerf all BB with 400+ guns cause they are too good over match cruisers , nerf all radar cause they are too good out range DD, nerf all .... add your own

exhibit A

1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Then you have those DD mains who base their entire identity around being a DD player so much so every nerf to DDs is seen as an attack on their own person.

Nevermind that intra-class balancing is a thing and that the concealment nerf is meant to help other DDs against Kitakaze. If it is a nerf to DDs, then it is automatically bad. In their mind, it is not Kitakaze that is OP, but rather every other DD that is UP.

you should add prophet to your resume

Edited by Drakon233
  • Funny 5

5,677 posts
9,487 battles
1 minute ago, Drakon233 said:

you should add prophet to your resume

Dude I prophesied it first!

4 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Nah you forgot the "this nerf prevents DDs from doing anything" guy. But don't even bother respond.

:Smile_izmena:

[REPOI]
145 posts
15,152 battles
On 11/21/2020 at 1:00 PM, Drakon233 said:

how the actual [content removed]  does anyone think a ship like this is balanced? 

by being horrible

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles
Just now, HoshimachiSuiseiPrpr said:

by being horrible

as a person or in-game?

5,677 posts
9,487 battles
6 minutes ago, HoshimachiSuiseiPrpr said:

by being horrible

Yeah, WG must buff Friesland, one way or another.

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,859 battles

Was keeping myself away from commenting on this thread as it made complete sense with valid points until our DD God made a reply,
He goes by the name Mechfori, the one and only top DD player on the Asia region and as to be expected, he has a word to say.

This is how Tomatoes and Oranges would view of such ships,
1) An Overly OP ship is generally be viewed as "Strong" in their point of view, but for some magical reason, they perform atrociously in them,
2) An OP ship ship is viewed as "OK" in their point of view, but for some..............(It repeats itself)
3) And a decent ship is viewed as "Trash" by them.

It is good practise to ignore what Mecfori has to say 90% of time time (Quite a generous percentage Ill say)
Take it with a grain of salt, take it in a serious manner and all you are going to do is hurt yourself by trying to make a sense out of what he says.
Perhaps what is actually needed is not a nerf, but a buff to your performance.

image.png.00a5bcc60fb8f52cac950a0cdf44b9b5.pngimage.png.00b3fdfbca6b58ba4e260b3553bad670.png
Please enlighten me
Ah yes, almost forgotten but this is Asia's AVG for Kitakaze,
image.thumb.png.856f9a6049591b836a487696c4fadf86.png
image.thumb.png.b16f98abcadbc4802fb157d707dfcd6f.png

Edited by HoChunHao
  • Funny 5

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles

Kita is stronger than Harumeme.

And thats not relative to its peer