Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Massive news on ships

26 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,379 posts
15,845 battles

ST 0.9.11, CHANGES TO TEST SHIPS

We adjusted the parameters of some ships based on testing results. The changes will be applied to Italian battleships, hybrids and some other ships.

Italian battleships Dante Alighieri, Tier IV; Conte di Cavour, Tier V:

Accuracy of secondary guns lowered to the standard values.

Maximum SAP shell damage reduced from 9,600 to 7,850

Italian battleship Andrea Doria, Tier VI:

Main battery reload time reduced from 33 to 30 s.

Italian battleship Francesco Caracciolo, Tier VII:

Action time of the "Damage Control Party" consumable increased from 10 to 15 s;

Base main battery firing range increased from 15.5 to 15.9 km. 

Italian battleship Vittorio Veneto, Tier VIII:

Main battery reload time increased from 30 to 33 s. 

Italian battleship Lepanto, Tier IX:

Accuracy of secondary caliber guns lowered to the standard values.

Main battery reload time increased from 33 to 35 s. 

Italian battleship Cristoforo Colombo, Tier X:

Japanese battleship Ise, Tier VI; Japanese cruiser Tone, Tier VIII:

Squadron reload time increased from 120 to 180 s.

British cruiser Plymouth, Tier X:

Main battery reload time increased from 6.0 to 6.5 s.

Pan-Asian destroyer Fen Yang, Tier VIII:

HE shell parameters were changed:

Armor penetration reduced from 30 to 17 mm;

Maximum damage increased from 1,200 to 1,500;

Chance of causing fire on a target increased from 5% to 8%.

Main battery reload time increased from 3.0 to 4.0 s.

Italian destroyer Leone, Tier VI:

Torpedo tubes reload time reduced from 75 to 60 s.

Commonwealth cruiser Mysore, Tier VI:

Main battery reload time increased from 10.0 to 10.7 s.

Rest In pieces Mysore

[TF44]
207 posts
1,944 battles

Those changes to Ise and Tone seem interesting too. Seems to be to keep them away from being a light carrier.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,684 posts
5,767 battles

3 mins between launching planes, i guess because we can't have a dedicated attacking ship, to you know, DISLODGE THE CAMPERS.

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

Ah yare yare daze Andrea reload has a buff. gud. 

The rest well.. okay nerf i guess for RM BB. 

Nice torp reload buff for Leone.

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
1 minute ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Still no news on the T3 though. :fish_book:

[SMOKE]
2,508 posts
18,035 battles

OK with the said T8 Asian DD and the Kitakaze nerf .. they pretty much further discourage DD to go do the DD thing .. you know less stealth, not compensated with bette speed, and maneuverability , and not compensated by torp that can actually consistently deal damage in any efficiency to effect , so that leave what ... sure let's go HE spamming MORE, MORE, MORE HE spamming cause that's the only thing left that they can do without getting themselves killed , do they recognize that 17mm HE pen on the Asian DD won't even work on fellow peer DD off the same tier at all

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

WG: "What is this... Tier 3 everyone's talking about?" :Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Still don't like how WG are handling the Pizza BBs. No one likes long reload time.

Marco Polo and Leone seem to be part of Pizza BB's EA and release.

48 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

OK with the said T8 Asian DD and the Kitakaze nerf .. they pretty much further discourage DD to go do the DD thing .. you know less stealth, not compensated with bette speed, and maneuverability , and not compensated by torp that can actually consistently deal damage in any efficiency to effect , so that leave what ... sure let's go HE spamming MORE, MORE, MORE HE spamming cause that's the only thing left that they can do without getting themselves killed , do they recognize that 17mm HE pen on the Asian DD won't even work on fellow peer DD off the same tier at all

In the name of Neptune...

Kitakaze is justly nerfed. It's the game mechanics and this server's awful meta that have to change, not the individual ship nerfs that breaks the DD play.

Fen Yang is NOT an IJN DD, so she wouldn't get the 30 mm HE pen of the IJN 100 mm on IJN ships. To be fair, it's the torps that are quite concerning, not the guns. They should be torps on Irian and Yueyang, not the watered down version of Asashio's torps. Again, WiP ships, and I'd rather see the torps being changed.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
46 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Unless Weegee find the prototype dreadnoughts so eh??

6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Still don't like how WG are handling the Pizza BBs. No one likes long reload time.

Marco Polo and Leone seem to be part of Pizza BB's EA and release.

Remember, Anti-Sentimental? You know what i mean.

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
9 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WG: "What is this... Tier 3 everyone's talking about?"

1 minute ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Unless Weegee find the prototype dreadnoughts so eh??

Step 2: Player feedback.

c9Q5-3xk8XeZ3wT3cS2cw-183.thumb.jpg.3b95b541168764a418068b71a804d861.jpg

I want to say step 3, but I want to have faith. Reserved the feeling for now.

[SMOKE]
2,508 posts
18,035 battles
26 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Kitakaze is justly nerfed. It's the game mechanics and this server's awful meta that have to change, not the individual ship nerfs that breaks the DD play.

Fen Yang is NOT an IJN DD, so she wouldn't get the 30 mm HE pen of the IJN 100 mm on IJN ships. To be fair, it's the torps that are quite concerning, not the guns. They should be torps on Irian and Yueyang, not the watered down version of Asashio's torps. Again, WiP ships, and I'd rather see the torps being changed.

I would not dispute that its at fault , the game mechanics and all the interplay of them , but is WG changing that. And really its not just this server meta , I had account on NA / Euro serve and its the same ... so long WG unable to give DD the same capacity and in the same consistency and efficiency to deal damage their part to the effect as BB can, as Cruiser can, as CV can, that leave the DD player at limbo and a state of being prejudiced against , and they will had to find ways to compensate or simple refuse to play DD, and even those who do play DD they will refuse to go do all the non rewarding, highly dangerous but needy task ( guess why ) ...

Asian DD typically inherit all the character from their ( DD ) parent country tech tree , so if its their T2 , its got the same speed, range and good AP as the V-25 , if its their T9/T10 they got the same floaty USS 127, so why should it not inherit the same IJN 100mm , I do agree the torp certainly a issue, but today pretty much all DD torp is a issue , WG simply unable to made them work as the should cause they are still spec for the time when there is very few hydro, no radar and no CV , DD is the one class that simply need to had all their spec updated ( both buff and nerf ) to made them able to perform on equal as other class and WG had not do that and not likely doing that .. Asian DD is already handicapped with torp that cannot be used against fellow DD, and further hampered by infestation of CV/ Radar that range them out ( pretty much almost all DD anyway ) and WG still only care to copy and paste old spec and dare to say its balanced and good for new

Heed this you cannot change or balance human nature , when the game change to range out all class , then they need to made all class able to perform to the same level at these now elevated range and they are not doing that ; almost all DD left out, plenty of Cruiser too , the discussion regarding why so many BB in queue already well discussed and well stated So unless and until that change , individual ships , and in this case a DD that are fashioned with a gun that cannot even hope to battle its own tiers peer ( unless you spend that 4 point for IFHE ) and a torp that's at best questionable at doing any consistent damage dealing ( no less cause there is no way to close in ) .. well I call that very bad balancing if at all any balancing here

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
2 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

Commonwealth cruiser Mysore, Tier VI:

Main battery reload time increased from 10.0 to 10.7 s.

Mysore will become "My sore" for the CW folks if this goes live :Smile_trollface:

No idea what WG consider too strong for this ship, she got WiP nerfed twice within 2 weeks.

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
7 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Mysore will become "My sore" for the CW folks if this goes live :Smile_trollface:

No idea what WG consider too strong for this ship, she got WiP nerfed twice within 2 weeks.

Honestly... Buff her, give her HE, she'd be fine at T7...

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
23 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Honestly... Buff her, give her HE, she'd be fine at T7...

My concern here is that she does not have torpedoes.

There will be some good players that can do wonders at T7. (Assuming that she has HE and buffed stats.)

But for the average player I think T6 will be comfortable.

At T7, she will be uptiered by 2 MM and she only has 9 guns, not 12. (HE and buffed stats considered.)

:fish_book:

It's one of those, "what if it's not enough" from my end.

[LBAS]
3,379 posts
15,845 battles
15 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Mostly Auxillary nerf for IV V and IX

Colombo and the even tiers have range buff bit gets a bit have more time on the reload.

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
8 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

My concern here is that she does not have torpedoes.

There will be some good players that can do wonders at T7. (Assuming that she has HE and buffed stats.)

But for the average player I think T6 will be comfortable.

At T7, she will be uptiered by 2 MM and she only has 9 guns, not 12. (HE and buffed stats considered.)

:fish_book:

It's one of those, "what if it's not enough" from my end.

If you gave Fiji HE, she'd be flat broken and she's already strong/est at T7... HE for giving up a turret? Fair trade I would argue.

No torps? not a huge deal, she has creeping smoke...

Honestly WG will do what they do but discussions about number of guns are moot.

Reload and shell characteristics are god.

Displacement I can understand as it affects HP and armour values mean something but again these are not issues if the ship has other things going for it like good guns.

Neptune is utterly squishy thanks to armour, despite decent HP

Smolensk is surprisingly tanky despite low HP, thanks to a lack of armour...

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
5 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

If you gave Fiji HE, she'd be flat broken and she's already strong/est at T7... HE for giving up a turret? Fair trade I would argue.

Fair point.

No torps? not a huge deal, she has creeping smoke...

Got too used to Haida that I am uncertain going in without torp.

Especially releasing them at mid to close range, then flee for my life with the creeping smoke.

Honestly WG will do what they do but discussions about number of guns are moot.

But on WG eyes, number of guns or gun size instead of discussions.

And I admit, I fall in this narrative.

I have much to learn.

Displacement I can understand as it affects HP and armour values mean something but again these are not issues if the ship has other things going for it like good guns.

She is from the same class after all. T7.

Reload and shell characteristics are god.

No arguments on this on. Agree with you.

Neptune is utterly squishy thanks to armour, despite decent HP

Smolensk is surprisingly tanky despite low HP, thanks to a lack of armour...

One eats the shells by the fist full (?). (Don't have her yet. Almost there.)

The other overpens (works at <8km only. >8km, she eats shells like cake.)

You convince me (with added buff and HE ammo), she can be a T7.

The only feeling that concerns me is the +2 MM. Even with all those characteristics. But then again, creeping smoke. I'm on an infinite loop on the tiering until I can see her perform.

WG please give me and S4pp3r sandbox. Test ideas.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
49 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

You convince me (with added buff and HE ammo), she can be a T7.

The only feeling that concerns me is the +2 MM. Even with all those characteristics. But then again, creeping smoke. I'm on an infinite loop on the tiering until I can see her perform.

WG please give me and S4pp3r sandbox. Test ideas.

Yeah Tier 7 is very rough, 100% agree. But I would argue that it's an MM issue rather than a ship issue.

But yes, I get on an infinite loop with many of my ideas.

The thing is Mysore is a Fiji without a heal or torps and without a fourth turret...

The reason she's at T6 literally comes down to gun number. WG seems to be obsessed with this idea as a tier limiter. I find this highly amusing as if you examine CLs as a whole at higher tiers, they are often limited with shell characteristics or range to keep them from being 'OP'.

Fiji is just an Edin with slightly different characteristics a tier lower.

Edin would probs be way too strong if she had HE - think of how annoying Kutuzov is.

But I understand their placement, even if I disagree with it. 

I mean Huanghe is T6, with 6 guns instead of 8, why not T7 for Mysore? ... ...

I'll stop, Mysore is a serious annoyance of mine, it makes me worry about how Commonwealth CLs would work at their hands.

Honestly though, the crazier part of me thinks that if/when we get Commonwealth CLs there'll be a lot of the Cockatoo Isl/other designs, rather than the CL focus we've discussed previously. So it'll probably be like a 1-7 CL, 8-10 CA or something.

But I've completely gone off topic now.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
5 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Yeah Tier 7 is very rough, 100% agree. But I would argue that it's an MM issue rather than a ship issue.

But yes, I get on an infinite loop with many of my ideas.

The thing is Mysore is a Fiji without a heal or torps and without a fourth turret...

The reason she's at T6 literally comes down to gun number. WG seems to be obsessed with this idea as a tier limiter. I find this highly amusing as if you examine CLs as a whole at higher tiers, they are often limited with shell characteristics or range to keep them from being 'OP'.

Fiji is just an Edin with slightly different characteristics a tier lower.

Edin would probs be way too strong if she had HE - think of how annoying Kutuzov is.

But I understand their placement, even if I disagree with it. 

I mean Huanghe is T6, with 6 guns instead of 8, why not T7 for Mysore? ... ...

I'll stop, Mysore is a serious annoyance of mine, it makes me worry about how Commonwealth CLs would work at their hands.

Honestly though, the crazier part of me thinks that if/when we get Commonwealth CLs there'll be a lot of the Cockatoo Isl/other designs, rather than the CL focus we've discussed previously. So it'll probably be like a 1-7 CL, 8-10 CA or something.

But I've completely gone off topic now.

Nah, you're still within the Mysore sphere of influence.

You're still on topic. You're all g' mate.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this