Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puggsley

Interesting Observation

3 comments in this topic

[BONED]
790 posts
9,757 battles

shot-20_11.19_19_01.16-0642.thumb.jpg.8f88991843214ec0d88c313a2e04cf76.jpg

Been playing a bit of Oster and Halland today, and noticed a very interesting thing in relation to damage from those dreaded CVs, OP as they are!

Only taking 10 to 15% of my total damage from them despite actively going after planes for a mission. 

Even though it feels  like they are really giving me a touch up its rarely over 3k damage. 

Spotting though is another thing altogether.

Edited by Puggsley

[MRI]
3,795 posts
16,860 battles

It is always useful to look at the detailed report of the post battle results, because it can tell you things one may not realise. For instance, I notice my IJN torp boat DDs often out damage an enemy DD in gun duels; the bulk of the damage I take is actually from enemy supporting fire.

I am very certain that most of the complains about CVs "taking 50% of my DD's health" or whatever is pure hyperbole (unless they were playing like complete noobs).

The main threat CVs posed to DDs has always been spotting, especially now after the rocket reticle change.

[LBAS]
2,063 posts
3,738 battles

that 3K is probably 20% of HP for most DD. Halland have insanely have high potential HP. imagine if WG didnt change the rocket reticle, you could take 5K damage each strike. i do it too and i got hit too in my DD.

3 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

The main threat CVs posed to DDs has always been spotting, especially now after the rocket reticle change.

Laugh in Mogador/Kleber, i am expecting to get 100% spotted and draw enemy fire..... i am 17~15km away from enemy BB or CA with long range upgrade.....

guess what? 16K damage from Lexington rocket from multiple strike..... this bastard called tiny tim

its before WG decided to change rocket reticle....

what WG need to do to balance the game is reduce HE Bomb damage of Midway and Lexington

also undo AP bomb nerf in Graf/Enty/ and IJN CV..... the balance reason is bullshit since German AP bomb at T8 beat Hakuryu

Sign in to follow this