You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kanatan_Pettan

Don't nerf Kitakaze

39 comments in this topic

[RYUSE]
52 posts
18,844 battles

The Development blog was updated earlier and I saw it. https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/97

There was such a description in it.

IX KITAKAZE  :  Detectability range by ships increased from 7.56 to 7.76 km.

Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

Why should Kitakaze be nerf? She is not OP, she was good balance and interesting ship.

Why do you do tough things. We are desperately playing DDs while there are many fckin CVs.

Stop nerf Kitakaze

[NCOTS]
503 posts
12,665 battles

A gunboat like Kitakaze should not have detection lower than 6km, she basically can outspot and out dpm some ships 

• Cool 3

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

Kitakaze is OP in terms of outspot and out dpm ppl. That thing can put up a lead against certain destroyers.

So no. Nerf Kita's Concealment.

• Cool 1

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
1 hour ago, rookieFTW said:

A gunboat like Kitakaze should not have detection lower than 6km, she basically can outspot and out dpm some ships 

Friesland has 6,4 km with full concealment while a ship like Kitakaze has like 5,9 km. 

What.

Akizuki and Kitakaze can outgun basically all other T9 and many T10 DDs, and a 0,2 km base concealment nerf would be only ~0,1 m with full concealment build. Very small nerf.

Edited by Paladinum

[NCOTS]
503 posts
12,665 battles
9 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Kitakaze has 6,0 km.

Actually it's 5.9km, so she can step on most hybrids and gunboats that has 6km concealment

[SMOKE]
2,508 posts
18,035 battles

They had to buff ( reduce ) all IJN torpedo detection though , and I fail to see WG addressing the one reason why Kita the only working Gunboat or why all the torpedo boat are out moded , they just do not work , Kita do not deserve a nerf. If it's because she is effective then the same reason should apply to all those Cruisers with Radar should they not be nerfed or all the ridiculous secondaries so many BB had today and no less their safe and farm from range . Should they not be nerfed.

WG just fail to keep most DD able to fight theirs and only care about the big guns complain about Kita working ... What a laugh and what prejudice shown

Edited by Mechfori

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
2 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

Actually it's 5.9km, so she can step on most hybrids and gunboats that has 6km concealment

More like 90% of DDs in the game.

I typed 6,0 because I can't remember the exact number. Corrected.

[BLESS]
1,462 posts
12,809 battles

I think the fact that Kitakaze outnumbers Yugumo 10:1 in randoms speaks for itself.

I play Yugumo by preference, but Kitakaze is simply a more powerful and versatile DD. You get torps, guns, and AA where Yugumo basically just get torps. In principle Kitakaze is supposed to be less maneuverable but in practice it means little.

I play Yugumo because it's one of the few DDs that counter Kita (at least defensively, I will always outspot and can smoke and disengage at will) and it has more strike capability. 

A small concealment nerf should bring it inline with the rest of T9 DDs.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles
54 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

Jutland counts as gunboat, and has 5.7 km (stealthier than Kitakaze).

Benson, Fletcher, Gearing, and Kidd also have better concealment.

Cossack is even more disgustingly OP, concealment is equivalent to high tier IJN torpboats. With 5.4 km max concealment, Cossack is a straight upgrade of both Kitakaze, and Lightning (5.5 km).

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

[MRI]
3,792 posts
16,857 battles

Nah this nerf was a long time coming. Kitakaze's concealment allows her to easily ambush other DDs and gun them down.

If you are a torp boat DD and ran into a Kitakaze and you didn't have smoke ready, you are basically boned. Even if you did survive the encounter you would not have enough HP to survive the next.

Edited by Thyaliad

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
15 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

If you are torp boat DD and ran into a Kitakaze and you didn't have smoke ready, you were basically boned. Even if you did survive the encounter you would not not have enough HP to survive the next.

Grinding Ostergotland, can confirm. While playing that ship I dread Jutland, Z-46 and Mogador (just the T9 DDs), but holy poop, I'm terrified by the thought of being in the same cap as a Kitakaze.

Well, only when I play a Mogador (which I don't have) or a Kitakaze, I wouldn't fear a Kitakaze.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles

It also has to be taken account that the concealment nerf will degrade the quality of the average Kitakaze players.

Right now Kitakaze players are one of those who know how to teamplay better than the retarded IJN torpboat players.

As if we don't have enough selfish IJN players.....

Torpboats tend to ignore the role of perma-spotting enemy DDs.

Cruisers are gimped with short gun range & BB like traverse, literally damage pinata.

BBs are the majority of the campers. Especially the one at the top which is every Nanking slaughterers' wet dream.

CVs are useless floating junk that are only good at harassing lone BBs.

[CL]
Beta Tester
1,457 posts
18,545 battles

In my opinion, this change is reasonable and necessary.
she is way too powerful.

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,866 battles

Thread made by "Kitakaze is not OP" players? Well, that seems to be the case.

Kitakaze by far is one heck of a strong ship, assuming you know what you are up to. Well, if you are going to play her like your other toro focussed DDs, then I do see why as I have see far too many players who tries to play it like that. Go ahead, have this mentality to rush caps and contest it, you are lucky if you got out alive seeing your typical avg Kitakaze player would go into cap, sit broadside, smoke, get torpedo/radared.

Her DPM is very spicy for what she is, her concealment right now is like what? 5.9km with full concealment build? That is surprisingly spicy already for a ship like her. A 200m nerf to her concealment won't change her much so I am not sure what is the fuss is all about.

I am quite surprised only her concealment was touched. A step in the right direction for what she is now.

SmartSelect_20201119-172330_Discord.jpg

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
8 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

Thread made by "Kitakaze is not OP" players? Well, that seems to be the case.

Threads like this and the exact opposite ("CVs OP!") are usually made by: A. players who can't play a ship, or B. players who can't play against a ship.

Back to the ship: Kitakaze is the ONLY DD that I have that I can play open water all-gun blazing with, and can do very well in (provided that the match is either going well or going badly). I'm being both honest and serious. I'm certain if I have a Mogador I'd play the same, but I don't have the French boat right now.

Edited by Paladinum

188 posts
638 battles

What if WG nerfs Kitakaze, but then release the exact clone of the current Kitakaze as a T10 special ship later?

It happened on Alsace, although WG had to give reload booster to compensate the tier change on Bourgogne.

[WGPLS]
8 posts
3,147 battles

Even after this Kita will remain strong, there would be no problems if the conceal got nerfed again imo.

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
26 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

What if WG nerfs Kitakaze, but then release the exact clone of the current Kitakaze as a T10 special ship later?

It happened on Alsace, although WG had to give reload booster to compensate the tier change on Bourgogne.

The nerf is very small to profit by making an up-tiered clone of the ship IMO.

Well, if that does happen though, I demand the T10 V7 to have DAAF in the same slot as Speed Boost. And name her Fuyukaze.

Edited by Paladinum

[NCOTS]
503 posts
12,665 battles
56 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Jutland counts as gunboat, and has 5.7 km (stealthier than Kitakaze).

Which is why Jutland was nerf for a few times in terms of dpm. What makes Kita strong (unparalleled firepower in T9 besides Mogador) was intact in this proposed change.

I just got my Jutland so my experience might not be accurate, I feel that Jutland is balanced at the moment, and I doesn't feel as 'confident' as I am in the Kitakaze. 

I think it's due to the below characteristics: lower top speed and lack of speed boost makes Jutland not as good as Kita in rushing DDs. Low velocity guns and lower dpm makes Jutland not as scary as a Kita. Kita can fight for caps, farm large ships and chase after DDs. Jutland is more defensive oriented, and operates around the cap, and doesn't have the ability to farm ships like how Kita can. 

1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Benson, Fletcher, Gearing, and Kidd also have better concealment.

Fletcher and Gearing (without unique upgrade) has 5.9km, the same as Kita. It's been years since I touched Benson, and I don't have a Kidd so I forgot their stats. Kita absolutely craps on US DDs in a 1V1 fight. 

Personally I think US DDs are hybrids, with more emphasis on torps (starts from Fletcher). 

Indeed Cossack is a good DD hunter, but then she is only good at fighting other DDs for caps.

Overall what I write might look messy, but in conclusion, I think that Kitakaze is too all rounded at the moment and triumphs over most T9 peers in daily randoms by simply doing their job better. Fight for caps? No problem. Farm big BBs? No problem. Put up a wall of metal fishes? also no problem (although in a low frequency) serves as a scout and hunts DD? No problem as well. 

What WG takes is the ability of Kita outspotting some other DDs in cap fighting, while not sacrificing Kita's original design, which is the ultimate HE spammer.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
On 11/19/2020 at 2:44 AM, S_FBK_is_my_wife said:

The Development blog was updated earlier and I saw it. https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/97

There was such a description in it.

IX KITAKAZE  :  Detectability range by ships increased from 7.56 to 7.76 km.

Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

Why should Kitakaze be nerf? She is not OP, she was good balance and interesting ship.

Why do you do tough things. We are desperately playing DDs while there are many fckin CVs.

Stop nerf Kitakaze

You can alos post feedback in the dev blog link below too:

They specifically said "leave feedback below"
彼らは具体的に「以下のフィードバックを残す」と言いました

Why Japan forum does not have this is quite puzzling. :cap_hmm:

Pardon the translation. I used translator.

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles

I love Kita, I really do but her concealment has always been really good ans she is really strong.

I wouldn't say she is OP, but she's definitely one of if not the strongest T9 DD.

TBH 6.1km would even be fair.

Haru/Khaba buff is bigger news IMO