Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PATHAK12345

Question relating to voiceover modification.

9 comments in this topic

[5DN1L]
152 posts

I have Optimus prime and Megatron commanders.Is there any way to send in-game messages in their voices to my teammates.Currently I am using voiceover modification but only I am able to hear the messages in their voice.

Thanks in advance.

[MRI]
3,795 posts
16,860 battles

For other players to hear them, you need to be using those commanders, plus the other players need to select the National+ voice modification in the Options menu.

• Thanks 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles
9 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

For other players to hear them, you need to be using those commanders, plus the other players need to select the National+ voice modification in the Options menu.

That's not entirely possible though.

I mean even though the other players use the National+ setting, they will only hear the voice based on the ship captain they use

Example:

• OP uses the Megatron captain
  • You use the ARP captain
  • I use the regular captain
  • All of us use the National+ settings

OP will only hear Megatron voices when you use the quick commands, and at the same time you will only hear ARP voices whenever OP uses the quick commands. Meanwhile I will only hear the standard voices whenever both you or OP use the quick commands.

Same goes for camo/ship skin mods, or the name changing mods. Only the user will see the changes.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[151ST]
3,561 posts
11,951 battles
2 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

I mean even though the other players use the National+ setting, they will only hear the voice based on the ship captain they use

Example:

OP will only hear Megatron voices when you use the quick commands, and at the same time you will only hear ARP voices whenever OP uses the quick commands. Meanwhile I will only hear the standard voices whenever both you or OP use the quick commands.

Same goes for camo/ship skin mods, or the name changing mods. Only the user will see the changes.

Nope nope nope nope nope.

National+ means you can hear the special captains if someone else is running them.

Doesn't matter what the captain is.

Your experience is filtered by your sound settings but if you have it set on National+, if they run a special captain, you will hear it (if that captain comes with a voice track).

HOWEVER

I can only speak for the English-based settings.

• Cool 1

[MRI]
3,795 posts
16,860 battles
8 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Example:

That is incorrect. 

In that scenario, if OP sends a message, everybody will hear Megatron. If I send a message, everybody will hear my ARP captain. If you send a message, everyone will hear your ship's nationality.

Assuming eveyone is using National+ of course.

For example in this video at around 0:47 you can clearly hear that the allied Mogami is using the ARP Ashigara captain.

As a side note, I notice a lot of people using the Bad Advice captain nowadays lol. :cap_horn:

8 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Mods will only affect the user obviously. But for the official collab camos everybody can see them provided they are not blocked.

[5DN1L]
152 posts
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

That is incorrect. 

In that scenario, if OP sends a message, everybody will hear Megatron. If I send a message, everybody will hear my ARP captain. If you send a message, everyone will hear your ship's nationality.

Assuming eveyone is using National+ of course.

For example in this video at around 0:47 you can clearly hear that the allied Mogami is using the ARP Ashigara captain.

As a side note, I notice a lot of people using the Bad Advice captain nowadays lol. :cap_horn:

Mods will only affect the user obviously. But for the official collab camos everybody can see them provided they are not blocked.

Is it required that I must use Megatron commander on my ship to send messages in his voice.

Can I use his voice to send messages on IJN ships?

[MRI]
3,795 posts
16,860 battles
8 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Is it required that I must use Megatron commander on my ship to send messages in his voice. 

Can I use his voice to send messages on IJN ships? 

He is tagged as a German captain so the answer is no.

You can only use German ships for Megatron.

[5DN1L]
152 posts
16 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

He is tagged as a German captain so the answer is no.

You can only use German ships for Megatron.

No No 

I mean if I have assigned Megatron to tripitz then is there any chance to use his voice messages while using bismark(german bb).

[MRI]
3,795 posts
16,860 battles
2 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

No No 

I mean if I have assigned Megatron to tripitz then is there any chance to use his voice messages while using bismark(german bb). 

You can change the voice in the options menu like so:

shot-20_11.19_22_58.52-0114.thumb.jpg.dffc01e45aee27231e7706fdadfc76d6.jpg

But if you do this, then other players WILL NOT be able to hear Megatron.

In this case, the only way for them to hear Megatron would be to use Megatron as your Bismarck captain while the other players use the National+ option (at the top of that screenshot).

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this