You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Did detonation rate went up when they change how module damage work ??

6 comments in this topic

[LNA]
2,224 posts
17,120 battles

Question as per title.
As i've been grinding lately, i've notice that DD is getting detonated way too frequently, atleast once per day on average. Doesn't help when i'm climbing Kleber, Harugumo and Yue Yang.
You know, DD whose module is so fragile that a random HE will cook it's ammo rack off whenever i'm maneuvering hard.
This is really a big concern, as DD doing their job will likely fall below 80% threshold mark early in game and risk detonating way more frequently.
Been unable to carry games because well, s*** happen.
The plethora of hard hitting, large AoE HE spamming is really killing off  DD competitiveness unless you mount that "save face" flag.

[SMOKE]
3,359 posts
19,925 battles

Do not seem to experience that myself but it might be just different play and play style. Recent grind on Z-52 and Grozovoi . Wager in the said boats mentioned you are far more visible for far longer duration and simply each and everyone shoot the DD when they see one

40 posts
17,447 battles

I didn't notice that much but to me, being detonated is considered as a shame so Juliet Charlie is a must on my ships, except CVs.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,494 posts
15,394 battles

I don't think the module changes were causing it. It is still based on how low your total HP is before the detonation happens.

And most of my recent detonations were caused by torp hits on my BBs. The last detonation on DD was few months ago.

[LNA]
2,224 posts
17,120 battles
6 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

I don't think the module changes were causing it. It is still based on how low your total HP is before the detonation happens.

And most of my recent detonations were caused by torp hits on my BBs. The last detonation on DD was few months ago.

Dunno about that, i rarely get cooked in a BB. But dd is on a whole new level. Last night i was cooked off thrice in 3 different dd. Something is really wrong if that's happening.