Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PATHAK12345

Give thanks to ARP Yamato for making the game free for the rest....

37 comments in this topic

[151ST]
4,125 posts
13,669 battles

You really do like starting flame wars...

No there's no need for ARP Yamato.

WG by any reasonable calculation makes a LOT of money.

Please don't buy into the idea 'well devs gotta survive'...

The owner guy of WG is one of the richest people in the gaming space, if not the richest.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 3

[REKT]
165 posts
1,401 battles
49 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

What's the point of this topic lmao, the game is free to play since 2015

(No tier 10 ships will be sold straight...)

That's why the game is F2P since 2015....New players buy these ships without any knowledge of lower tiers.I can post many screen shots of past few games where ARP yamato  barely did 10k while in a division of 3 ARP yamatos

363 posts
14,945 battles
3 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

New players buy these ships without any knowledge of lower tiers.I can post many screen shots of past few games where ARP yamato  barely did 10k while in a division of 3 ARP yamatos

I am sorry but this ARP Yamato thing where a player could simply just buy it off the shop can be applied to ALL ships that are sold. Alaska? How about all this other premiums that are sold through the shop and Armoury? They are pretty much the same thing where one could simply just buy a ship without having any experience. If it makes them money and it outweighs the negatives, then its a win for them.
And how are you certain they barely did 10k? Are you them? Or are you simply just assuming it from their BaseXP which can be misleading???

And I'll be honest, what is the purpose of this thread? Game has ever been free since its release as it was pointed out by "rookieFTW" above

[REKT]
165 posts
1,401 battles
4 hours ago, HoChunHao said:

I am sorry but this ARP Yamato thing where a player could simply just buy it off the shop can be applied to ALL ships that are sold. Alaska? How about all this other premiums that are sold through the shop and Armoury? They are pretty much the same thing where one could simply just buy a ship without having any experience. If it makes them money and it outweighs the negatives, then its a win for them.
And how are you certain they barely did 10k? Are you them? Or are you simply just assuming it from their BaseXP which can be misleading???

And I'll be honest, what is the purpose of this thread? Game has ever been free since its release as it was pointed out by "rookieFTW" above

I meant that people who spend 34k doubloons for just a camo makes the game free for other.I have no hate for developers.They should get their reward for creating games.

But.....34k doubloons for a camo,is this OK?Funny thing is that people buy such things.Which encourages greed.

At last-(We will never sell any tier 10 ship straight)

Edited by PATHAK12345

[-CAT-]
4,580 posts
16,504 battles
31 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

But.....34k doubloons for a camo,is this OK?Funny thing is that people buy such things.Which encourages greed.

Umm, WG has been like this for the past 2 years.

31 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Umm, Puerto Rico.

59,000 doubloons if players want to get it instantly.

ARP Yamato is the 2nd T10 ship that WG sell.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[ARRR]
982 posts
14,516 battles
17 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

You really do like starting flame wars...

No there's no need for ARP Yamato.

WG by any reasonable calculation makes a LOT of money.

Please don't buy into the idea 'well devs gotta survive'...

The owner guy of WG is one of the richest people in the gaming space, if not the richest.

That moonbase is not gonna build itself you know!

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,817 posts
29,639 battles
7 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

I meant that people who spend 34k doubloons for just a camo makes the game free for other.I have no hate for developers.They should get their reward for creating games.

they also said they would never add-

guns bigger than yamatos

prems stronger than tech tree ships

subs

etc.

i don't see you whining about those?

• Funny 1

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
2,072 posts
7,460 battles

You sounded like someone reminds me of... who tho... Starts with N.FRT.

[REKT]
165 posts
1,401 battles
1 hour ago, Drakon233 said:

they also said they would never add-

guns bigger than yamatos

prems stronger than tech tree ships

subs

etc.

i don't see you whining about those?

I thought to mention their promise about tier 10 ships only in this thread.

Rest to be discussed on some other thread..

WRONG IS WRONG take it any way.Some days before developers said-listening to players is our highest concern.THIS is the result of that.

Edited by PATHAK12345

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,817 posts
29,639 battles
46 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

I thought to mention their promise about tier 10 ships only in this thread.

Rest to be discussed on some other thread..

WRONG IS WRONG take it any way.Some days before developers said-listening to players is our highest concern.THIS is the result of that.

the devs never gave a shit about community feedback, and good thing too. last time they listened to the community we got the stupid overpowered piece of shit that is RTS graf zeppelin

WG's "promises" can be broken at any time as long as the board approves it, no matter who makes these "promises" it's still the staff and the staff listened to the board who wants them to make more money and content, not to mention there's a lot of limitations that they imposed on themselves when the game was new for issues that were resolved as the game got older and expansive 

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
2,196 posts
7,467 battles

The most expensive tier 10s to buy are the research points or whatever you call it ships.

Colbert etc.

IF you were to buy them straight up.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,516 posts
15,419 battles
3 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

the devs never gave a shit about community feedback, and good thing too. last time the listened to the community we got the stupid overpowered piece of shit that is RTS grf zeppelin

And Thunderer, as the response for "what if Conqueror's 457 is more useful than 419?"

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,817 posts
29,639 battles
2 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

And Thunderer, as the response for "what if Conqueror's 457 is more useful than 419?"

i distinctly remember people complaining that thunderer was UP when it first came out, and look how it is now...

[-CAT-]
4,580 posts
16,504 battles
5 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

i distinctly remember people complaining that thunderer was UP when it first came out, and look how it is now...

I recall it was the horrendous accuracy of the 457, why most would recommend the 419 rather than 457.:fish_book:

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,516 posts
15,419 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

I recall it was the horrendous accuracy of the 457, why most would recommend the 419 rather than 457.:fish_book:

Not really. The accuracy was on par with QE at medium range. What made the 457 unpopular was that the 457 sacrificed a lot of DPM just for higher AP damage per shell.

What made it worse was the 457 used short fuse AP instead of the standard AP like Thunderer. On paper, it looked good because it meant overpen was less likely to happen. But on practice, it was completely useless against anything other than Mino at over 12 km away. Bounce on broadsiding BB could happen a lot due to the lack of penetration at longer ranges.

And the reload for the 457 was 30s, which was exactly the same with the 419,  But Thunderer gets 26s. This makes Thunderer become more capable at long-range HE spamming than Conqueror despite losing 1/3 of total shells per salvo.

So whoever said Conqueror 457 was the same like Thunderer, was wrong. Thunderer is basically what the OG Conqueror should be. I mean remember Conqueror was initially released with the 457 only, the 419 actually came later. Even the Armada video showed the 457 more than the 419.

Note:

1. The low citadel is no longer true. Fortunately/unfortunately they nerfed it when they released the Soviet BB line. The nerf happened before Thunderer was released, so Thunderer received the same citadel.
  2. 11 km concealment is no longer true, either. CE used to give different concealment bonus based on ship class (DD = 10%/CL or CA = 12%/BB =14%/CV =16%). So when CE rework happened, Conqueror lost 4% of max concealment. Also since Conqueror's UU takes the 5th slot, Conqueror that use UU only have 13km concealment now, whiich is funnily enough less stealthy than Jean Bart.
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,365 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Not really. The accuracy was on par with QE at medium range. What made the 457 unpopular was that the 457 sacrificed a lot of DPM just for higher AP damage per shell.

What made it worse was the 457 used short fuse AP instead of the standard AP like Thunderer. On paper, it looked good because it meant overpen was less likely to happen. But on practice, it was completely useless against anything other than Mino at over 12 km away. Bounce on broadsiding BB could happen a lot due to the lack of penetration at longer ranges.

And the reload for the 457 was 30s, which was exactly the same with the 419,  But Thunderer gets 26s. This makes Thunderer become more capable at long-range HE spamming than Conqueror despite losing 1/3 of total shells per salvo.

So whoever said Conqueror 457 was the same like Thunderer, was wrong. Thunderer is basically what the OG Conqueror should be. I mean remember Conqueror was initially released with the 457 only, the 419 actually came later. Even the Armada video showed the 457 more than the 419.

Note:

1. The low citadel is no longer true. Fortunately/unfortunately they nerfed it when they released the Soviet BB line. The nerf happened before Thunderer was released, so Thunderer received the same citadel.
  2. 11 km concealment is no longer true, either. CE used to give different concealment bonus based on ship class (DD = 10%/CL or CA = 12%/BB =14%/CV =16%). So when CE rework happened, Conqueror lost 4% of max concealment. Also since Conqueror's UU takes the 5th slot, Conqueror that use UU only have 13km concealment now, whiich is funnily enough less stealthy than Jean Bart.

^ This.

Almost everyone who played conqueror sanely chose 419 even though the fire chances were lower. But come on, 50% vs 60%? When they spun off the 457 into a new ship, they had to give it some premium gimmick. 

Also, damn you for making me reply in this otherwise lame thread. 😛

• Funny 2

[-CAT-]
4,580 posts
16,504 battles
4 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Note:

I actually forgot most of those parameters, and equipments.  :Smile_hiding:

Thanks for reminding.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
913 posts
22,632 battles

16 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

It's not only a camo but you get a T10 ship completely separate from the Tech Tree Yammy.

Hence it's got the name ARP Yammy and when you buy this you'd get 2 Yammy's in your port.

That's why it has a hefty price tag (T10 ship+camo+10pts capt). Arguably that captain is nothing special.

And corporations is all about profit and to an extent nationalism.

What's egging people right now is why they are selling the Legend Mod for the Yammy(expensive package only).

Legend mods is somewhat reserved for ingame grind content only.

[REKT]
165 posts
1,401 battles
4 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

It's not only a camo but you get a T10 ship completely separate from the Tech Tree Yammy.

Hence it's got the name ARP Yammy and when you buy this you'd get 2 Yammy's in your port.

That's why it has a hefty price tag (T10 ship+camo+10pts capt). Arguably that captain is nothing special.

And corporations is all about profit and to an extent nationalism.

What's egging people right now is why they are selling the Legend Mod for the Yammy(expensive package only).

Legend mods is somewhat reserved for ingame grind content only.

Please do not take this as wrong but the game is slowly becoming P2W on a small scale.They are selling legendary module directly for money.But most players do not have access to legendary mod.

Its like 'Premium Accuracy' for those who spend money.

Is the above comment right or there is still someone here who wants to defend the idea of selling unique mods.IT IS NOT GOING TO BE STOPPED.

Edited by PATHAK12345

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
913 posts
22,632 battles
9 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Please do not take this as wrong but the game is slowly becoming P2W on a small scale.They are selling legendary module directly for money.But most players do not have access to legendary mod.

Its like 'Premium Accuracy' for those who spend money.

Is the above comment right or there is still someone here who wants to defend the idea of selling unique mods.IT IS NOT GOING TO BE STOPPED.

You can still have access to Legend mods but unlike before it's no longer readily available or true free technically it's still free but it's depends on how you approach on gaining those RB.

You have to reset 5 lines to gain RB points and regrind(if you must) /use stored free XP or use your accumulated XP on elite/premium ships to convert to FreeXp which in a way can be referred to as using money to gain access to said legendary mods.

When they introduced RB ... that's when this game is more pronounced on being focused on letting you use your money (to ease the grind) or be a diehard and regrind ALL from T7 and up(doesn't cost much to freeXp T1-T6).

The point here is up to where will one be willing to take all this until they give up.

I'm still not a fan of this RB so other legendary mods/ships is off limits for me. (I got the some legendary mods before the implementation of RB)

[TF44]
3 posts
14,735 battles

just as i posted on another thread about how unreasonable this promo is i see this thread.... Also hello again Sloth. 

But yeah... lets put it this way. With how ridiculous and high pricing is getting. I can do things like fly from one country to another, Invest in something like gold/silver, Buy a bunch of furniture and so on. OR i could just buy a digital items that are priced way above what they are worth. Have some sense for gods sake. Its not just the money but also hurting the community here. We have people who have more dollars than braincells floundering about the endgame area with no idea what they are doing. Its going to frustrate their teammates that do know what they are doing and the people who bought everything will also have a tough time having any fun. Its a lose lose 

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,817 posts
29,639 battles
6 hours ago, luigirulzz said:

just as i posted on another thread about how unreasonable this promo is i see this thread.... Also hello again Sloth. 

But yeah... lets put it this way. With how ridiculous and high pricing is getting. I can do things like fly from one country to another, Invest in something like gold/silver, Buy a bunch of furniture and so on. OR i could just buy a digital items that are priced way above what they are worth. Have some sense for gods sake. Its not just the money but also hurting the community here. We have people who have more dollars than braincells floundering about the endgame area with no idea what they are doing. Its going to frustrate their teammates that do know what they are doing and the people who bought everything will also have a tough time having any fun. Its a lose lose 

yeah basically this, back when the PR fiasco happened I took a look a how WG was doing their pricing and marketing and noped straight out of there

took a week long vacation with the money and effort I would have spent on the game and it felt wayyy better than any stupid pixel boat

• Cool 3

[151ST]
4,125 posts
13,669 battles
47 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

yeah basically this, back when the PR fiasco happened I took a look a how WG was doing their pricing and marketing and noped straight out of there

took a week long vacation with the money and effort I would have spent on the game and it felt wayyy better than any stupid pixel boat

Yep - 100%

Even in 'rich' Australia it's absurd.

Why would I spend that sort of money on a ship when I can get a triple-A title and weekend away for the same price?

Hell I can easily go skiing for a weekend with that sort of money if I'm clever...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this