Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Helena

I've made it, but

18 comments in this topic

188 posts
638 battles

I finally get my hands on Alsace. And I decide to use the Infernal camo on her, although I hide the Halloween elements because I'm not a fan of that.

shot-20_11.13_18_55.06-0291.thumb.jpg.2657237c277a994952199175f5c4afbc.jpg

But I miscalculated the credits I should have got when I sold my Richelieu. 3 millions short to be precise. I suppose I should put the Damage Control & Concealment on the empty slots. Correct me if I'm wrong.

shot-20_11.14_13_39.22-0506.thumb.jpg.12276342bb0c1f06ebe17a275c94efde.jpg

But I need help on 2 things. Which skills I should take next? I mean what order should I take? BoS then FP, or the other way around? I'm planing the standard for BB build.

shot-20_11.14_13.39_11-0224.thumb.jpg.9c30f78533d9928addad27ec1eba485f.jpg

Next, I need suggestion for which line I should grind my way up next? I'm not planning to get Republique anytime soon.

Or to cut it short, which mid tier ships that are fun to play (preferably in Random) & worth to keep? I don't have any "credit-maker" ships now, so the only sure way to earn credits is to avoid the high tier games.

• Cool 2

[NCOTS]
503 posts
12,677 battles
36 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

suppose I should put the Damage Control & Concealment on the empty slots.

Yes

36 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Which skills I should take next? I mean what order should I take? BoS then FP, or the other way around? I'm planing the standard for BB build.

Fp first, you can use signals to reduce fire duration. But you can't use signal to decrease fire spots (idk the correct name )from 4 to 3

For the mid tiers, I like my King George V, NC, Akizuki, Algerie, Lyon, Fiji. Not sure which one suits your playstyle. You can try the 155 Mogami too

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles
54 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

But I need help on 2 things. Which skills I should take next? I mean what order should I take? BoS then FP, or the other way around? I'm planing the standard for BB build.

I'd take BoS first.

54 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Next, I need suggestion for which line I should grind my way up next? I'm not planning to get Republique anytime soon.

Or to cut it short, which mid tier ships that are fun to play (preferably in Random) & worth to keep? I don't have any "credit-maker" ships now, so the only sure way to earn credits is to avoid the high tier games.

It's good that you acknowledge the credits issue, and plan a detour instead of ranting about the economy.

Well, umm.... (this is assuming you're a BB main)

721503318_OttovonBismarck.thumb.jpg.3a9c7d70804a82f7452e075cd2f41ad7.jpg

488070435_KingGeorgeV.thumb.jpg.a1b72f7234ad14e30cf3e8eb2e4124c0.jpg

1196846548_QueenElizabethI.thumb.jpg.8f544a142f00fe2b58225e6511de3649.jpg

1591853086_PetertheGreat.thumb.jpg.30cef7f18370d4c873759cf7ede978bc.jpg

458793031_MountKongo.thumb.jpg.46fa4077e0a28d1fa56430623443ef32.jpg

Otherwise you can try Helena. The ship, not you:Smile_trollface:

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

[IJN]
312 posts
5,152 battles

If you want 'fun' in mid-tier give any of the following a try (at your own discretion, of course.)

British BBs : The one line everyone loves to hate, specifically King George V as (she? he?) has absurd firestarting capabilities.

Soviet BBs : French DD speed levels of Damage Control cooldown, along with excellent guns and armor make these very powerful.

British DDs : This is only here for the Jervis, perhaps the best non-premium Tier 7 DD available.

German BBs : Okay, this one is personal preference but Bayern, Gneisenau and Bismarck are all stupid levels of fun to play in my opinion.

• Cool 1

[NCOTS]
503 posts
12,677 battles
5 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Well, umm.... (this is assuming you're a BB main)

Mind enlighten me on the pictures, I realized I knew nothing on them, I suppose one of them are Bismarck & Queen Elizabeth?

[151ST]
3,561 posts
11,951 battles

I know it's been covered, but an extra voice to confirm the choice - @rookieFTW is bang on with choices for build options.

11 points at T9 is going to be painful, by tier 9 you really should be wanting to push 14-17. 

I'm not having a go at you, just letting you know, you need to play careful till you pick up FP and BoS.

5 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

Mind enlighten me on the pictures, I realized I knew nothing on them, I suppose one of them are Bismarck & Queen Elizabeth?

Guessing; Bismarck, Kaiser Willhelm (the early 1900s one), Liz 1, Peter (Russia)...

Last picture is quite clearly taken by someone of class but otherwise I got nothing...

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Thanks 1

[151ST]
3,561 posts
11,951 battles

Oh and I wouldn't be in a rush to get Republique, she's probably the worst T10 BB IMO.

Alsace was pretty ok from memory, goodluck!

• Cool 1

188 posts
638 battles
20 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

458793031_MountKongo.thumb.jpg.46fa4077e0a28d1fa56430623443ef32.jpg

Explain this one. I get all others (Bismarck, King George V, Queen Elizabeth I, Peter the Great).

8 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Oh and I wouldn't be in a rush to get Republique, she's probably the worst T10 BB IMO.

Alsace was pretty ok from memory, goodluck!

Good to know. I will have to reconsider my plan of getting her.

Alsace is definitely an upgrade from Richelieu.

[MRI]
3,795 posts
16,860 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Explain this one. I get all others (Bismarck, King George V, Queen Elizabeth I, Peter the Great). 

That's Mount Kongou in Japan.

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,952 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Helena said:

I suggest FP first

1 hour ago, Admiral_Helena said:

German or American (Light) cruisers. Especially Admiral Hipper or Cleveland.

Not because i have bias on them, no. It's just they're quite good and enjoyable for me.

69426291_p2.png66679463_p0_waifu2x_art_noise3_scale_tta_1.thumb.png.d433555c49db98f3e6d8f82da0221efd.png

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
  • Funny 3

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles
28 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

Yes. Oh well someone has explained the others.

11 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

It's not my fault they name the ship not after people >_>

[SMOKE]
2,510 posts
18,035 battles
20 hours ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Well that depend on what you mean by mid tier, I consider T5 straddling low / mid tier and T8 straddling mid / high tier, so really my take is only T6 and T7 can claim to be mid tier , and there are quite a bunch there , and it also kind of play into what mode d you play , Random, Co-op or Scenarios  , any CL ( with some caveat against Royal Navy's ) CL would be good, plenty of good DD pending how you play , I enjoy in particular Akatsuki and Skane . Most BB in those 2 tiers are good enough , might be not the slow slow US Navy if you do not like the lack of mobility, I also enjoy German BB but they are pretty much power crept to the point of irrelevant in so many games that its frustrating at best. I now enjoy French BB better but as others I had no plan to go for Republique.

[TF44]
207 posts
1,944 battles
On 11/14/2020 at 7:05 PM, S4pp3R said:

Guessing; Bismarck, Kaiser Willhelm (the early 1900s one), Liz 1, Peter (Russia)...

Funnily enough Wilhelm was the cousin who didn't look like the other two. Tsar Nicholas and King George though you would swear were twins.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
188 posts
18,854 battles

I love the Alsace ... she's a good T9 BB.

RU BB: Strong guns / good armor(angled) / flat arcs / T10 = clan war favorite BB(WG lovechild).

British BB: T5-T6 Good gun accuracy, T7-T9 wonky gun but really stupidly good in starting fires and the T9 and up zombie heal(prints you a new ship) atrocious crap side armor / T10 = most hated BB ingame.

JP BB: Decent Guns characteristics, workable armor scheme and T10 Yammy.

German BB: Known for fast firing secondaries but fell out of favor due to meta/ German Turtleback / access to hyrdo.

French BB: Front facing guns / occasional wonky guns / can be set up for secondaries if desired / French Turtleback / flat arc / T8 and up has access to speed boost / T10 best sigma for tech tree BB's.

US BB: T5-T7(new line T8-T10) Dreadnought speed / Plunging fire/ long air time / old tech tree T8 and up has American Heavy shells (new line = regular shells) /new T8-T9 = wonky gun characteristics /  new T10 heaviest broadside ingame  12 18" gun broadside.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
3,561 posts
11,951 battles
8 hours ago, CarvinMarvin said:

Funnily enough Wilhelm was the cousin who didn't look like the other two. Tsar Nicholas and King George though you would swear were twins.

I know I've seen all three quite a bit and I know a little bit about their histories but I always get them mixed up.

Funny thing, I was going with Wilhelm or Tsar, not KGV... 😕

Should have thought about the pattern... ah well

[151ST]
3,561 posts
11,951 battles
9 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

I love the Alsace ... she's a good T9 BB.

RU BB: Strong guns / good armor(angled) / flat arcs / T10 = clan war favorite BB(WG lovechild).

British BB: T5-T6 Good gun accuracy, T7-T9 wonky gun but really stupidly good in starting fires and the T9 and up zombie heal(prints you a new ship) atrocious crap side armor / T10 = most hated BB ingame.

JP BB: Decent Guns characteristics, workable armor scheme and T10 Yammy.

German BB: Known for fast firing secondaries but fell out of favor due to meta/ German Turtleback / access to hyrdo.

French BB: Front facing guns / occasional wonky guns / can be set up for secondaries if desired / French Turtleback / flat arc / T8 and up has access to speed boost / T10 best sigma for tech tree BB's.

US BB: T5-T7(new line T8-T10) Dreadnought speed / Plunging fire/ long air time / old tech tree T8 and up has American Heavy shells (new line = regular shells) /new T8-T9 = wonky gun characteristics /  new T10 heaviest broadside ingame  12 18" gun broadside.

I'd like to add to this...

VMF (Soviets) - All of them from 5 and up are very strong, just lack range at certain tiers. Standouts are 5, 7 and 10.

RN - HE spam with every one of them, only T6 (Queen Liz) has normalised AP. Great concealment.

IJN - Generally all-rounders with good guns, they perform the best at longer ranges but doesn't mean snipe all day. T4, 5 and 8 are actually BCs so have great speed. Most are actually tankier angled to enemy but with their bow facing away due to long belt protection. Crud AA.

KM - generally pretty ok but out of favour due to 'secondary' bias. They're still generally ok thanks to their wonky dispersion brought into line with other BBs, the picks are T6-T7 IMO.

USN - I'm working on reviews atm (will link NY at bottom). Generally pretty respectable, NY has arguably the best gunnery at tier, New Mex is pretty poor, Colorado I'm not sure of but I suspect she'll be 'ok'. NC - Monty are solid.

The USN split BBs are an odd story. Do not mistake them for being poor. They are very slow but have unrivalled broadside weight and good AA. Kansas is actually pretty strong but is heavily reliant on your team to carry and help due to speed. I suspect with these ones good players will have great scores and noobs will have horrible ones because of how dependent they are on good aim and good positioning.

Honestly the ones I go back and play the most are IJN; I love T4-9 and funnily enough don't like Yamato that much.

New York was the surprise for me from USN, Colorado might be but we'll see.

Obligatory New York review...

• Cool 2

188 posts
638 battles
On 11/14/2020 at 3:24 PM, Earl_of_Arland said:

German or American (Light) cruisers. Especially Admiral Hipper or Cleveland.

Not because i have bias on them, no. It's just they're quite good and enjoyable for me.

I've seen them quite frequently during my grind to Alsace. The only problem is I barely start either lines. Still at Chester & Hermelin.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles
47 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

I've seen them quite frequently during my grind to Alsace. The only problem is I barely start either lines. Still at Chester & Hermelin.

Since you still have the premium time running, you might want to maximize it by getting most of the T5 first. If you play decently in Random, it only takes between 4-5 games to grind from T4 to 5.

Sign in to follow this