Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KurohimeYuuhi

LET US GRIND!

29 comments in this topic

[WA2K]
16 posts
18,293 battles

Okay, i don't know if the devs or even the moderators care about the post, but i have to say it. 

I don't really mind grinding. I grinded the old ARPs, i grinded the Benham, i grinded the Puerto Rico with only 2 boosts,... I don't mind at all, i literally didn't say anything about the "PR disaster", because that's how a game should be, you give us challenge, we achieve it and then feel satisfy. 

I'm always proud when i look at my Benham with the waterworld camo, or when i look at my ARP collection, because i get them by my own hands. 

Of course, when i feel satisfy, i will have no problem open my wallet to support the developers. I bought a lot of premiums ships, loot boxes, not as much as some true whalers tho. I've had really good old times. 

But now...

I don't understand WG, even if you give us combat missions to get the stuffs, there will always have the whaler who get the ships from day 1. 
Do you think you can sell more bundle by just cutting it away from us? How many? Did it worth to make everyone mad at your decisions?

I really hope that there will be some hardcore grind this ARP season, you can make it as hard as PR grind, i don't care. 
The game contents become worse and worse as the time pass by, Key battle is cool but the rewards is same as last year, notthing much to do during US battleship early access event,... 
Do you want your game become like this? Where player spend more time buying your bundle than actual playing the game? If you want them to play, give them FUCKING MOTIVATION. 
I don't feel satisfy at all, even if i pay 300$ and get all the new ARPs in my port. I don't think it is worth, i don't want to give you a FUCKING LITTLE COIN. 

Guys, if you keep buying their stuffs, supporting their greediness, you are killing this game. There will be no good contents in the future soon. 

For now, i don't know if anyone will care, but i will stop playing. 

Edited by Vikala
  • Thanks 9

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

They should honestly make a option to let players  grind for this ARP ships while offering whales to buy it

Back then ARP ship is attainable by doing 5 mission for 1 ARP ship in a X period of time.

They could just roll back to that chain missions

• Cool 4

[151ST]
3,565 posts
11,963 battles

I've said this for years... Anything that is grinded should have some sort of small cosmetic thing that tells everyone you did it the hard way.

Maybe a different camo or something...

I don't mind spending money on the game, I don't mind grinding.

PR is a good example, my goal was Gorizia, I got her easy. I kept playing and almost unlocked PR. I probably should have spent dubloons to get her but I didn't out of protest to how they had handled their communication.

Hard grinds are fine, setting expectations poorly, that's on them.

• Cool 3

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,159 posts
23,993 battles

I agree with OP's sentiment completely.

I have whaled pretty hard from time to time, but I have grinded... ground... grud? pretty hard too.

Not including things like Odin, Anchorage and whatever I got by half whale methods... in the past I have done the grind and got many ships the "hard way" and completely for "free" (barring time expenditure).

These ships make me feel connected to the game and the community.

I don't want to make anyone feel bad, but the bote flex I get with ships like Kamikaze R makes me feel like I have "earned" my place in the game.

Anyway, in the end the dollar... ruble... yen... whatever rules all. Money talks in the end. 

Gamer investment and enjoyment just doesn't stack up to the power of money.

1000 players saying "I like this game" is worth less than ten bucks spent in the premium shop - and so the money is sought rather than the kudos.

I think WG needs both.

I SMH at the ARP stuff in the shop right now. Just SMH.

I submit some of my credentials below.

(If I remember correctly, I earned all of these ships in game "for free" - there are probably others but that's enough flex for now 😛 ).

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.11.14 - 18.22.14.81.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.11.14 - 18.21.32.57.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.11.14 - 18.20.30.88.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.11.14 - 18.19.59.56.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.11.14 - 18.18.40.39.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.11.14 - 18.18.16.63.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.11.14 - 18.17.58.79.png

[-CAT-]
3,418 posts
13,620 battles

Sadly, WG's orangeness avarice is more important than customer satisfaction lately.

They have lost this 👇

image.thumb.png.521101e569cbea18b66bc3b44b7a322b.png

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 3

[ODIN]
77 posts
5,537 battles

they won't do it until no one buy they product. just like GTA V, Rockstar is will keep milking GTA Online until nobody play it. and then release GTA 6

Edited by Fanmarsh

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,817 battles

279185371_Screenshot(169).thumb.png.0ac243f4642eea63e46c355508c69208.png

You have to accept that the monetization of this games is designed to give people what they want to buy, not what you want them to buy.

The ARP stuff is collab. Those are typically for $$$. Today though, I got two free TIX permacamos for completing the Five Époques of the Navy campaign. There's a ton of in game content which is available for free, from in game missions, from the RB, to the dockyard, coal and steel ships, to the early access, campaigns, events, whatever.

If someone is going to pay WG $200 for a Yamato with gold cannons and a squeaky captain dub, let them and be grateful. Unlike special event ships, these are 100% just cosmetic changes to existing tech tree ships Kongo, Myoko, Atago, and Yamato - and another camo for Musashi if you happen to have that ship. You miss out on zero gameplay by not buying them.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

[SALT]
2,124 posts
10,571 battles
3 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Sadly, WG's orangeness avarice is more important than customer satisfaction lately.

They have lost this 👇

Didnt matter if its monopoly. 

Not satisfied? There is the door

[-CAT-]
3,418 posts
13,620 battles
3 hours ago, humusz said:

Didnt matter if its monopoly. 

Not satisfied? There is the door

Ah yes, the "Not satisfied? There's the door" thinking / approach. The problem with this thinking / approach is, it doesn't always work.
The question is, how many or how much is WoWs team willing to lose before they say "we can't lose any more players and / or money" and lose their minds in the process.:Smile_trollface:
They are not even punishing / sanctioning the bot users, just to say that the game is healthy, but good paying and good playing players has already left the game. Temporarily or for good.

Just because they don't have competitor or rival, does not mean that there is no competitor or rival working behind the shadows and overthrow the current market king.
By the time they realizes this, it my be too late for them to react. Or not.

The world does "strange" things. :fish_cute_2:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,159 posts
23,993 battles
8 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

If someone is going to pay WG $200 for a Yamato with gold cannons and a squeaky captain dub, let them and be grateful. 

Sure.

But OP is suggesting this will always happen, that some people will always spend money on the game given the opportunity.

OP is also saying that letting people grind for such things, even if really long and hard grind is good for the game too - it gets bums in seats and server count up.

5,702 posts
9,513 battles
11 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

You have to accept that the monetization of this games is designed to give people what they want to buy, not what you want them to buy.

The ARP stuff is collab. Those are typically for $$$. Today though, I got two free TIX permacamos, from "grinding" or, well, just playing the game really.

And there's a whole ton of in game content which is available for free, from in game missions, from the RB, to the dockyard, coal and steel ships, to the early access, campaigns, events, whatever.

If someone is going to pay WG $200 for a Yamato with gold cannons and a squeaky captain dub, let them and be grateful. 

There are better monetization schemes than selling a tech tree T10 outright, which is both bad for the health of the game and the company's reputation. Selling Steel Monster campaign again would be a much more welcome thing to do because many players want to have Steel ships. Surely OP wouldn't shy away from grinding a campaign that he bought, I guess. How about making good Doub premium ships? Like the correct Maya 1943? 

Why selling the ship instead of just the perma camo anyway?

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,684 posts
5,774 battles
14 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

They have lost this 👇

Sadly just as I was studying consumer goodwill in accounting during the 1990s, it was dying.

A customers goodwill ACTUALLY used to mean something tangible in the business world.

• Cool 2

[IC]
417 posts
16,331 battles
3 minutes ago, Mudpheart said:

Sadly just as I was studying consumer goodwill in accounting during the 1990s, it was dying.

A customers goodwill ACTUALLY used to mean something tangible in the business world.

It still does as companies that do not produce/sell quality products and service tend to lose customers. As the old sayings put it - "It takes days to get a customer and only a minute to lose him" and "The best salesman is a satisfied customer".  I'm hoping that WG would realize this. 

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,817 battles
58 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

There are better monetization schemes than selling a tech tree T10 outright, which is both bad for the health of the game and the company's reputation.

The whole "we will not sell T9 and T10 ships" things, right? That fell by the wayside long ago. Just go to the shop today and buy whatever T9 takes your fancy: Alaska, Pommern, Georgia, Agir ... If the game can survive that, I'm sure it can survive a few Weebs buying Yamato for $200 US.

Based on yesterday, the ARP Yamato's encountered so far were not playing below average for a Yamato...

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,018 posts
13,735 battles

I'm not going to complain about the monetization that WG has been pulling off. WG is a business company, not a charity organization. They need money to run the things.

However there should be some minimum requirements before one can purchase the high tier ships. I mean if players are barred from posting in the forums because they don't play enough battles, why can't WG put the same soft restriction in the premium shop?

• Cool 3

[WA2K]
16 posts
18,293 battles

I don't care about WG selling campaigns, they can sell t9, t10, whatever... The thing i care is they took the free to grind option away from me. 

Don't you see that free to play contents become worse nowadays? What do you get? T9 permanent camo? Okay its cool if you have some t9 ships you really love, but for me i prefer use expendable camos for grinding. 
What we get today is just directive in which gives very little rewards. Do you remember Benham events? I'm not even bother to play the new Key battle because what it gives is just an ugly version of the paid camo, not to mention its already exist from last year. They just copy and paste the rewards and yay we got a brand new event. 

They can sell whatever they want, but they also need to create f2p option which is a lot harder for hardcore player. That's my point. 
I'm not some broke ass player who just want to get everything for free, i paid a lot, even some dumb shit like space camos (i have 6 space camos), bad premiums such as Wukong, many more,.... but only when the devs pleased me. If they disappoint me, they won't get anything. 

And for some people who mentioned the door, this is my last attempt to regain faith with WG. This game is unique and its suit me, thats true. But if WG think they don't want to please player like me anymore, then imma leave. 

Here is my little collection, there is a lot more but they can't fit in one picture. 

shot-20.11.15_12.49.39-0753.jpg

[-ISO-]
1,085 posts
6,889 battles
33 minutes ago, Vikala said:

This game is unique and its suit me, thats true. But if WG think they don't want to please player like me anymore, then imma leave. 

They don't care about you and any other F2P players leaving the game. They only care about profits and business. That's the bitter truth about WG nowadays.

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,817 battles
1 hour ago, Vikala said:

Don't you see that free to play contents become worse nowadays?

Yes and no. What's changed is that you can't expect to get everything anymore. Puerto Rico was the watershed moment, and there's more and more additional content introduced which is gated by a hard paywall. That said, most of that content is cosmetic. From my perspective, more and more content is gated behind time sinks I'm not prepared to engage in. Clan battles, research bureau, ranked past rank 10, and dockyard events all get a pass from me. But I don't complain about it because there's still plenty of stuff for me to do.

You seem to be upset that you cannot grind for the ARP Yamato. But you can grind for a regular Yamato. It's the same ship. Honestly I can't see any legitimate reason that WG might be required by any sense of honor or fair play to make ARP Yamato available for free...

[TF44]
529 posts
22,492 battles
20 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

These ships make me feel connected to the game and the community.

nah. it just strengthen sunken cost fallacy to a higher degree

[WA2K]
16 posts
18,293 battles
5 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Yes and no. What's changed is that you can't expect to get everything anymore. Puerto Rico was the watershed moment, and there's more and more additional content introduced which is gated by a hard paywall. That said, most of that content is cosmetic. From my perspective, more and more content is gated behind time sinks I'm not prepared to engage in. Clan battles, research bureau, ranked past rank 10, and dockyard events all get a pass from me. But I don't complain about it because there's still plenty of stuff for me to do.

You seem to be upset that you cannot grind for the ARP Yamato. But you can grind for a regular Yamato. It's the same ship. Honestly I can't see any legitimate reason that WG might be required by any sense of honor or fair play to make ARP Yamato available for free...

Thanks for reminding sir but i already got my Yamato. I have all the tier X that i wanted, the rest can easily being bought if they caught my interest since i have plenty of resources. 

I didn't complain about PR event, because it's still grindable, i did that grind and got my PR, i will say again, I DIDN'T complain about the PR event. 
Yes, WG become more greedy nowadays. We from getting both free Lazo and Murmansk from Soviet BB event to where we got the nude Kansas (yes the camo is not even free), i still can endure it. But this is too much, you can read my point from #1, they can both selling bundle without make anyone mad, why woundn't they do that? 

Beside, WG might have no reason to make ARP Yamato available for free. But if they sell it straight up like this it even against what they promised. The ARP event used to be free to play, and that is what I believe. Azur Lane collab is pure money, i understand that and didn't complain. I still bought the Montpelier for them. But the fact that they broke the good tradition with the ARP event really make me feel betrayed.  

And another things is if there isn't any quest which is worth to grind, why people even play the game anymore? People like you might have a lot of stuff to do, but i'm finished. 

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,159 posts
23,993 battles
27 minutes ago, Lowyat said:

nah. it just strengthen sunken cost fallacy to a higher degree

If that were the case I'd still be playing Guild Wars 2.

I don't think an economic theory is applicable to something you do purely for emotional investment and reward.

It's a game.

You can rank a financial investment based on monetary return, sure, that's rational but you can't tell me how I feel about earning a ship in game, that's pure, subjective emotion.

You may as well insist that there is some rational reason why someone should or shouldn't like a certain kind of music.

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,817 battles
50 minutes ago, Vikala said:

And another things is if there isn't any quest which is worth to grind, why people even play the game anymore? People like you might have a lot of stuff to do, but i'm finished. 

If I understand you correctly, you are complaining because WG literally have no reward ships left for you to obtain for free by spending huge amounts of time playing the game, so you don't want to play the game anymore?

Edited by Rina_Pon

[TF44]
[TF44]
295 posts
20,390 battles
11 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

If I understand you correctly, you are complaining because WG literally have no reward ships left for you to obtain for free by spending huge amounts of time playing the game, so don't want to play the game anymore?

That is how I have read the OP posts on this Topic.

I admit that now I have completed the available Campaigns and have the T10 ships I want (plus quite a few I am ambivalent about), I do miss having something to target whilst playing.

However I still enjoy playing battles, especially in Divisions and Clan Battles. Another Dockyard and Campaign are on their way, so this is a short term lull in which I can play for fun or do other activities with my time. After all, I will not lose anything by not playing. My ships, commanders and other stuff are always there and ready to go when I feel like a bit of WoWS fun.

Edited by Taipan17
Grammer

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,817 battles

I remember this was brought up as a real issue for WG. Players stop playing WoWS when they've got all the stuff there is to get.

And that was the stated rationale for bringing in the Research Bureau - to give the whales something to do. You'd think that resetting and re-grinding entire tech trees multiple times would keep the whales busy for years and years, but apparently not.

Still don't think ARP Yamato should be available for free though, even behind a 500 h or even 5000 h grind. 90% of content is free or freemium. I respect the right of WG to gate the remaining 10% as it sees fit.

• Cool 1

[WA2K]
16 posts
18,293 battles

Guys, 
The way you feel understandable for them just make them break even more promises. What is the point of promises if you are not going to keep it? 
The time has changed, sure, but they do need to give us a proper explaination so we will be able to understand. They promised never sell t9, not to mention t10. Did they give us any apologize when they broke that promises? 
You felt okay, because its didn't affect you much, but it affect many other players, and we have right to complain. 

57 minutes ago, Taipan17 said:

However I still enjoy playing battles, especially in Divisions and Clan Battles. Another Dockyard and Campaign are on their way, so this is a short term lull in which I can play for fun or do other activities with my time. After all, I will not lose anything by not playing. My ships, commanders and other stuff are always there and ready to go when I feel like a bit of WoWS fun.

Everyone has their ways to enjoy the game. I do like battles, but i also need motivation to keep on. The way you play are not wrong, but i'll keep mine. 

21 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Still don't think ARP Yamato should be available for free though, even behind a 500 h or even 5000 h grind. 90% of content is free or freemium. I respect the right of WG to gate the remaining 10% as it sees fit.

You might ve seen some people who got notthing but ARP Yamato in their account and did like 20k dmg per battle. But you and I have different PoV, if you think the fact that some one who doesn't have any experience in the game should have access to tier 10 is fine, then i suppose i can't change it. 

I really don't understand why you have to support the idea to make it gated by money. There are many ways that they can take my money, and i'm happy to support them if they doing it right. You must be the one who bought their bundle from day 1 and got no problem with that. 

Sign in to follow this