You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SparkyOreo

what is best computer spec. to play WoW?

15 comments in this topic

[WYHK]
4 posts
750 battles

Any suggestion on the best hardware to fully take advantage of WoW graphic features?   What type of gaming computer is best suitable to play WoW?  

Need to start looking for a new PC for Christmas.  

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,561 battles
26 minutes ago, SparkyOreo said:

Any suggestion on the best hardware to fully take advantage of WoW graphic features?   What type of gaming computer is best suitable to play WoW?  

Processor:

Anything Core i5 (6th gen onwards) or Ryzen 5 will be enough. (Assuming you don't do any video coding / editing)

GPU:

1070, 1060, 1660 will do just fine.

If you want new and shiny hardware, go Ryzen 5000 series and nVidia 3070.

AMD RX6700XT or RX5700XT = ????

You are future-proof for atleast 4-7 years. (Assuming you don't push your PC to its limits)

Edited by S0und_Theif

[ODIN]
76 posts
5,521 battles

im using

AMD Phenom II X4 945, 8 Gigs of RAM, and GTX 560 TI got 60 fps on med. 

so FX series, Ryzen series, I3, I5, I7 gen 5th with gtx 750 or R7 240 or newer is enough playing this game

Edited by Fanmarsh
  • Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

SSD is a must have too (get around 512GB) and a HDD (1 TB)

@S0und_theif and me have the same opinion

you can wait for the Ryzen 5k series best, Black friday is round the corner is near too but i doubt it will be on sale for cheaper price

Throw in 16GB of RAM is sufficient for performance unless u plan on editing videos

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,536 battles

im useing a low wattage 2 core intel i7 CPU

a nvida mx150 graphics card

500g SSD 1tb HDD

and I have around 60fps usually, around 50 if I'm playing CV and I'm running into flak or is getting heavily spammed by HE

to be honest tho, FPS isn't too much of an issue in wows and as you can see from my shitty laptop that you can run this game on really shitty hardware, so i'd suggest you move your aimed build to suite some of the more mainstream games like online FPSs or AAA titles's requirements

• Cool 2

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

Mid Level Entry nowadays people may get is at least ( For Desktop )

Old Gen Ryzen 3 or 5 / Intel Core I3 or I5 for Old Gen ( at least 2018 or less )

GPU for recommended should be Nvidia GeForce 950 to 1050 Ti or 16 series or GTX 700 series. Something older than 2017.

512 GB ( for SSD ) or 1 TB HDD ( if possible unless you want less game its 512 GB HD )

Ram is always at 8GB for some Mid Level games.

• Cool 2

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles
24 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

to be honest tho, FPS isn't too much of an issue in wows and as you can see from my shitty laptop that you can run this game on really shitty hardware, so i'd suggest you move your aimed build to suite some of the more mainstream games like online FPSs or AAA titles's requirements

^ this.

1050Ti is perfectly fine. And before this I was running a i5 4650K. You do not need a high end PC to run this game. Frankly, I cannot see the difference between no antialiasing and 8x antialiasing or just cranking down the graphics setting a little.

[TWR]
1,325 posts
5,152 battles
10 hours ago, Fanmarsh said:

im using

AMD Phenom II X4 945, 8 Gigs of RAM, and GTX 560 TI got 60 fps on med. 

so FX series, Ryzen series, I3, I5, I7 gen 5th with gtx 750 or R7 240 or newer is enough playing this game

I set up a computer similar to this earlier in the year as a spare,but with an old ATI 5770 1gb video card.It will run the game at 80FPS,but as the video card runs 60 degrees Celsius plus when its asked to anything other than the desktop,I run Warships at low to medium settings too.

[151ST]
188 posts
4,311 battles

I've been using a Ryzen 7 and the new i7 11th gen. Both have been awesome.

[5DN1L]
152 posts
16 hours ago, SparkyOreo said:

Minimum requirments for 60fps ultra at 1080p.

I have acer nitro 5 with these specs-

i5 7300hq,1050ti,8gb ram,128gb ssd.

Fun thing is that you will never go below 60fps at ultra settings.

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles

Okay. The ultimate answer to your question is: What other games do you play? You should build according to the needs of that game and whatever you get for that game, invariably it will be enough for this server-side game.

For example, I build my current setup for Kerbal Space Program and Oxygen not Included. I need CPU power. Lots of it. Because I am impatient and cannot wait a few more months, I got an i9 9700k instead of a 10700k. 9900k is just ridiculously overpriced for the little boost of performance. I traditionally get i5s because they are best value for performance, except now the stuff I like eats computational power like nuts. I want my core OS to run on an SSD because I am fucking impatient for bootup. So insert 256GB SSD stick. I want my primary games drive to be fast loading as KSP loads gazillions of files. Insert 1TB SSD. Secondary SATA drives for other non crucial storage. Graphics since I don't play Doom Crossing, I don't need the latest overpriced graphics card. Keep 1050Ti from old computer. 16GB RAM because KSP and ONI eats RAM. 2 more slots free if I want to through in another 16GB. Optical drives as I watch hentai cute animu BDs. 

So, the summary is build your computer for the highest end game you play. wows is not resource intensive

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,859 battles

This game actually doesn't require much. I progressed the most on my old HP laptop which lasted me for 5 years+.
i5-5200u, GeForce 840m 2gb GDDR3, 8gb DDR3 1666Mhz RAM, 1366x768 and it does run the game quite decently well. It sometimes depends on what you expect.

This game doesn't generally get focused on its graphics. It is a nice to have but not a must.
I am currently playing the game on my MSI GE63 Raider RGB 8RE.
i7-8750h, GTX 1060 6gb, 1x16gb 2666Mhz RAM, 1920x1080 and it does perfectly fine with varying graphical settings to my needs. I don't need shadows etc.

592 posts
1,666 battles

WOWS and its big world engine did not use a lot of cores. it runs well  on high clock speed 4 core CPU.