Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
skull_crusher08

free xp ship advice

16 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,709 battles

Agir is really good. I don't have Friesland so not sure if it's worth it.

5,647 posts
9,433 battles

Buy Alaska.

If you already have Alaska, buy Agir. Friesland is very difficult to play.

Edited by Paladinum

40 posts
15,606 battles

Friesland: 6.4km max conceal, no torps, American smoke, 5km sonar, great RPM with good base fire chance, impressive AA coupled with DAAF, no heal, standard DD hull, no speed boost -> AA cover, sitting in smoke and spam.

Agir: A modified Odin, 27mm bow and stern, no ice breaker, 90mm hull, 6km sonar, 6km yolo torp, nothing impressive about gunnery.

I have all 2 ships above, and if I had to choose to keep one, I will pick Friesland. It's up to you dude. But if WG decide to remove FXP ships, I think Friesland will be removed first because It had been released earlier.

Here are the review from LittleWhiteMouse:

Friesland: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/206225-premium-ship-review-134-friesland/

Agir: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/221061-premium-ship-review-150-siegfried-agir/

Edited by Jack_Sparrow_95

[SEARN]
1,077 posts
17,414 battles

Unless you are a DD main or a casual but decent DD player who thinks a DD with no torps sounds like heaps of fun and a great challenge, go for Agir. :cap_like:

[SMOKE]
2,468 posts
17,872 battles

Even a DD main here, I would recommend against getting the Frisk, and for the matter any of the three FXP DD, they are just over priced , as I mentioned somewhere else, WG establish  a yardstick with 1 mil FXP Alaska, and for the part certainly Frisk or Smaland or Hayate cannot hope to match the Cruiser in its ability to always consistently perform to give same level of effectiveness and efficiency.

[4RSE]
398 posts
10,660 battles

I burned down 3 full health BB's last night in my Friesland. Doing Naval Battles for the clan. Lion and Sov Soyuz were easy but the play was super risky as I was last ship standing by then. I had to open water gun boat them. I made sure only one of them could shoot me at a time though.

Yes, it was co-op. Still counts.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,778 posts
28,349 battles
19 hours ago, skull_crusher08 said:

need suggestions for free XP ship Agir or Friesland, which one to choose from

i already have Yoshino so don't need Azuma

Alaska if you dont have her yets since it's going off shelves, after that the best pick in terms of actual strength in-game would likely be Friesland, aegir is pretty meh when compared to all the other T9 CAs

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,492 posts
11,820 battles

Friesland is amazing, and one of my favourite ships, I play it all the time.

Having said that, I normally play it in a div with an extremely capable friend of mine playing a Jutland, and this pair works incredibly well together (add a Kitakaze as a third DD for even greater hilarity).  I can play Friesland okay on it's own, but it is harder to be successful in, as it has some very distinct weaknesses.

As much as I like Friesland, I would only get her if you are an above average or better DD player, and really enjoy gunboating.  If you regularly div with other DD captains, then she should be first on the list with daylight second.

If you wouldn't say you were an above average DD player, then Alaska and Ägir are both excellent ships that are so easy to play my dog could be successful in them.  Alaska is the better of the two, and is about to be removed for being OP, but they are both good.

[MONMU]
63 posts
6,572 battles

On the subject of free XP ships; is the Azuma worth 1000000 free XP?

I am saving up for her, but I am thinking that maybe I should be spending that on maxing out my Cunningham captain plus getting a couple more of my UK tier 10 ships. Any advice?

[-CAT-]
3,368 posts
13,471 battles
23 minutes ago, JollySam said:

I am saving up for her, but I am thinking that maybe I should be spending that on maxing out my Cunningham captain plus getting a couple more of my UK tier 10 ships. Any advice?

You're better off with a Yoshino (An Azuma with torpedo armament but it's a T10 rather than a T9).

As for FXP, (my opinion) save it until captain rework 3.0 is implemented. Captain lvl will be 21 instead of 19.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

40 posts
15,606 battles
On 11/15/2020 at 9:21 PM, JollySam said:

Azuma is a Yoshino without torps/30mm midsections plating, longer reload time, shorter firing range but has shorter cooldown of Repair Party.

About credit earning ability, Azuma has better base coefficient because it's a premium ship.

All of the currently available FP ships, Alaska is still the best, and it's about to be removed. 1m FP for azuma is acceptable, i think.

In my opinion, you should not use FP to level up captain, It's totally waste because captain xp is much easier to grind than FP (a lot of camos, flags offer great bonus on incoming captain XP). Get yourself a 19pts captain first and then farming elite commander XP with him. You also should not skip ships, you have to play them tier by tier to get used to their playstyle.

Nowadays, farming FE is much easier, not like when BB63 was released. If you have warship premium day, get yourself a high tier ships that you are most confident, mount a camo (with 100% bonus on XP and FE at least), Equal speed charlie london, papa papa flag. With that set up, a average victory will bring you about 1k to 2k FE.

About premium days, you can wait till Christmas, WG will offers a 50% discount on 1 year premium (12k doubloons).

Edited by Jack_Sparrow_95
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this