Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Know your safe smoke fire distance

5 comments in this topic

5,695 posts
9,510 battles

Me imagining how many people would fk up their Pizza BB play because of this

Unless those floating Pizza have special aka small smoke firing concealment penalty, I don't really see why people would smoke up and push while playing a Pizza BB.

Confirmation needed.

[CLAY]
3,231 posts
14,200 battles
15 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Me imagining how many people would fk up their Pizza BB play because of this

Unless those floating Pizza have special aka small smoke firing concealment penalty, I don't really see why people would smoke up and push while playing a Pizza BB.

Confirmation needed.

Very good point. I did wonder what the smoke firing penalty of the Pizza BBs are, as SFP of BBs is typically... big (I haven’t memorised any of them, because smoke firing in a BB is something I don’t really do).

Depending on how long the smoke lasts, I suppose you could wait 20 seconds for concealment to drop, drop smoke then turn around and run away while not firing, but not firing in order to stealth up is a pretty high level skill to start with.

Yeah, you could do rushes with it, but that depends on the speed. I suppose it won’t matter much if you stay near the back like a lot of BBs do, then it’s just a quick way to go undetected.

Just have to wait and see, but I too expect a lot of people to get caught out.

5,695 posts
9,510 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Very good point. I did wonder what the smoke firing penalty of the Pizza BBs are, as SFP of BBs is typically... big (I haven’t memorised any of them, because smoke firing in a BB is something I don’t really do).

Depending on how long the smoke lasts, I suppose you could wait 20 seconds for concealment to drop, drop smoke then turn around and run away while not firing, but not firing in order to stealth up is a pretty high level skill to start with.

Yeah, you could do rushes with it, but that depends on the speed. I suppose it won’t matter much if you stay near the back like a lot of BBs do, then it’s just a quick way to go undetected.

Just have to wait and see, but I too expect a lot of people to get caught out.

I can actually smoke and shoot in the CAs - provided that I have vision, because they don't have very big smoke firing concealment penalty (like <10 km for Brindisi), but players should only use that Smoke as a disengaging/escape mechanic, not an offensive one. Even more so for the BBs.

You can use the Smoke to avoid being shot at while rushing in somewhere, but I really wouldn't count on it.

Sign in to follow this