You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dejiko_nyo

Should I

2 million FXP, should I  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Get smaland or FXP for 6 T10 ships

31 comments in this topic

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,353 battles

For the princely price of 2 million FXP, I can FXP:
Ablemarle --> Goliath AND
Ognevoi --> Grozovoi AND
Kiev --> Kharba AND
Ostro --> Halland AND
Kansas --> Vermont AND
Iowa --> Montana (this last one though I can grind out)

• Haha 1

[LBAS]
3,722 posts
17,730 battles

Or just wait for Marco Polus to be released in armory, Marco Polus will take Georgia's space for Tier IX as the new coal one.

Among Us Profile Picture Blue, Gamasutra Simon Carless S Blog Behind The  Dizzying Ride To The Top For Among Us

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,353 battles
9 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

6 ships = 6 Santa Containers/SCs

Yes. That is my standing logic. 2 million for a ship is overpriced that I'll barely be using. 6 ships offers me flexibility plus optional T9s.

[CLAY]
3,680 posts
15,702 battles

Hmmm. Well, I’d get Smaland, but that’s because I refuse to use FXP to get tech tree ships, mostly because I can always unlock Tech Tree ships, and because I prefer to play them so I’m not a T10 noob who doesn’t understand his ship.

But if you truely don’t care about Smaland and want more flexibility, I’d go the 6 T10 option.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 3

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,990 posts
29,362 battles

FOMO vs instant reward.

Tuff call.

6 ships wins.

[SMOKE]
3,385 posts
19,985 battles

When WG introduce Alaska, they had establish a yardstick, a yardstick for 1 mil FXP, anything not equal is not worth that , and at 2 times the cost can anyone realistically say Smaland can always consistently do twice as good ???

Edited by Mechfori

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,990 posts
29,362 battles
26 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

6 ships = 6 Santa Containers/SCs

Agree.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,990 posts
29,362 battles
3 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

When W introduce Alaska, they had establish a yardstick, a yardstick for 1 mil FXP, anything not equal is not worth that , and at 2 times the cost can anyone realistically say Smaland can always consistently do twice as good ???

Good point.

I may not stress so much myself in grinding up 2mill FXP.

[TF44]
418 posts
5,382 battles

6 more Santa's Gift = 6 more times to roll doubloons/premium ship (assuming they will not change the items), doubloons for Dockyard final stages.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,353 battles

1.5 million FXP is the most T10 ships are worth. They are NOT 2x better, hell, they're not even 1.5x better than a T9. If you look at the XP T8 to T9 and the T9 to T10, it's not even twice.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SMOKE]
3,385 posts
19,985 battles

just as others had mentioned it before , Smaland is good at hunting enemy DD but for real if you want to hunt enemy DD , might as well just take along a Salem or a Smolensk , or even just your typical Worsy , pretty much any CL T9/T10 , better if with heal

[CLAY]
3,680 posts
15,702 battles
53 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

1.5 million FXP is the most T10 ships are worth. They are NOT 2x better, hell, they're not even 1.5x better than a T9. If you look at the XP T8 to T9 and the T9 to T10, it's not even twice.

While this is unlikely to deter me from buying Smaland, I agree. 2M is far too high considering the return. I would only get this ship wit( free earned FXP.

Ok can someone check my maths and logic.

The cost to convert ship XP to FXP is one doubloon per 25 xp. Therefore, number of doubloons needed is 2,000,000 / 25 = 80,000 doubloons.

80,000 doubloons cost about AUD $435.2.

A T10 ARP Yamato (including a few other goodies) costs 34950 doubloons, AUD $190.13

The Puerto Rico (with a lot of other stuff as well), cost around AUD $300

Of course, even 1M FXP conversion costs 40,000 doubloon, AUD $217.60

T9’s in the shop are AUD $ 104.99

And of course, that’s not even counting the time/money/etc.. to earn the XP on those ships first.

Now, I may not be being fair, after all, you CAN earn FXP for free, buying it is simply a backup in case you are short of time, so it does not really equate, so is it really fair to use the conversion rate to compare prices?

Wait... Am I asking myself to calculate the cost it takes me to earn that much FXP naturally? which may include cost of signals, camos,  premium time etc... Actually, that sounds like it may costs more... assuming that you time is worth something, of course.

• Cool 1

[MRI]
4,140 posts
18,658 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Hmmm. Well, I’d get Smaland, but that’s because I refuse to use FXP to get tech tree ships, mostly because I can always unlock Tech Tree ships, and because I prefer to play them so I’m not a T10 noob who doesn’t understand his ship.

But if you truely don’t care about Smaland and want more flexibility, I’d go the 6 T10 option.

This is my stance as well. 

I don't use free xp on tech tree ships unless it is it to skip the stock grind. So I usually have lots of free xp sitting around.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,505 posts
15,408 battles

Well Smaland is not that bad actually. I mean Hayate exists....

However unless you play in Random with divs most of the time, Halland is much cheaper alternative.

On the contrary from what the others said, I've seen Smaland more frequently than Hayate with mixed performance. Yesterday I saw one in the same div with Venezia. Needless to say, they wiped out the enemy DD instantly. Maybe that's why WG is removing that ship. Too good when in proper div.

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,353 battles
1 hour ago, Mudpheart said:

Word on the street is Smaland was THE ship to win KoTS comp, and every man and his dog brought theirs to it.

Yes. So obviously you can see the balancing team hard at work doing nothing but drinking vodka.

Which is WHY they couldn't make an AA version of Takao. AKA ARP Maya. Because they don't know how to balance shit.

• Thanks 1

[TF44]
[TF44]
300 posts
21,397 battles

Get your 6 T10 ships.

I noticed one of them is the Halland. Unless you are wedded to the Radar, Halland is as good (if not better) than the Smaland. Halland is definitely stronger for Clan Battles.

I suggest you use your Free XP on a different line to the Russian Gunboat DD. The Kharbarosvk  is no longer a good ship. It has suffered a lot from Power creep. Tashkent isn't anything to write home about.

I reckon you will get a lot more fun out of the 6 ships than you would out of a single Smaland. Plus 6 Christmas Crates ....

PS:   I checked my notes from KoTS X, the Marceau, Kleber and Somers were used more than the Smaland. I didn't see a Halland in the competition.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
910 posts
22,572 battles
On 11/13/2020 at 2:12 PM, Thyaliad said:

This is my stance as well. 

I don't use free xp on tech tree ships unless it is it to skip the stock grind. So I usually have lots of free xp sitting around.

+1 on this.

You can normally get the other ships if you're not in a hurry since they are tech tree ships.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,990 posts
29,362 battles

I think some people are missing the point.

OP isn't asking if people should generally use FXP to get tech tree ships.

Snowflakes are around the corner.

Each TX ship is a chance at a shiny new premium.

That's why it's relevant now.

You need TX ships now and as many as you can get for the Blessing of RNGesus.

• Cool 1