Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

My strategy is set for the next 2 months

24 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,694 battles

1. Get the Marceau once coupon is reset

2. Grind 1m FXP more to get the smaland

Locked in.

Update: yes still targeting Marceau but will buy Friesland instead. Cannot justify 2m fxp for smaland.

Edited by sfcgx3

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,673 posts
5,737 battles

You will have to unlock your strategy now.

I was going to grab Marceau myself, but now there will be new ships to replace Georgia and Thunderer, so I'll wait and sea.

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,694 battles
57 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

I need !M FXP to get smaland as well. 

How long have we got?

Until some time in Feb I think

[SMOKE]
2,467 posts
17,849 battles

Already got Marceau, had no interest in Smaland ; its not worth it for that 2 mil FXP

Edited by Mechfori

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,694 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

Already got Marceau, had no interest in Smaland ; its not worth it for that 2 mil FXP

Is Marceau a good ship for ranked, stronger than smaland?

Edited by sfcgx3

[SMOKE]
2,467 posts
17,849 battles
7 minutes ago, sfcgx3 said:

Is Marceau a good ship for ranked, stronger than smaland?

IMHO its overall a better boat that perform if not as good on certain area, at least still above the norm and doing quite well ... Its French so all the French pros and cons ( somewhat , except the slow reload , its not fast but its not slow either ). Halland is almost as good as Smaland without being so extreme and then the Radar, but if I just want the Radar part I will be taking along the Salem I think Salem is grossly underrated as of this moment. People keep trying to ask it to do the thing Des Moines or the other CA , but its not , its all itself with all those consumables. DD trying to push in and facing a Salem can find it pretty tough , tougher even against the like of many others.

Edited by Mechfori

[BONED]
776 posts
9,514 battles

Went on a FXP mission yesterday, didn't see when the patch drops. Got 100k FXP in a massive 24 hrs.....

All those flags i rarely use came in very handy

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,694 battles
1 hour ago, Puggsley said:

Went on a FXP mission yesterday, didn't see when the patch drops. Got 100k FXP in a massive 24 hrs.....

All those flags i rarely use came in very handy

That's not bad but I would focus around X mas when there is 200% first win boost. 

btw I now kind of think smaland is too overpriced. I may just go for Friesland instead. Smaland is good but is it 2m fxp good? Very doubtful.

40 posts
15,591 battles

Hurry up for smaland, will be removed soon, get friesland later.

If you have time to grind, grab some days of warship premium, mount all XP/FXP camo and flags, sail your favourite hight tier ship (T9-10). A wining battle will brings you about 10-15k FXP (20k or above if you managed to top 3) :cap_like:

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
13 minutes ago, Mudpheart said:

so only need 200 wins with all free xp flags, (in my case 800 battles) to get a smaland?

Or more if you Co-op only.....

40 posts
15,591 battles
2 hours ago, Mudpheart said:

so only need 200 wins with all free xp flags, (in my case 800 battles) to get a smaland?

With an average 10k FXP per winning battle, you will need 200 wins -> about 400 battles if you are an average player with 50% winrate. 10 battles per day and you will get Smaland within 40 days. But keep in mind that you can earn additional FXP via daily missions, containers, other missions, even a lost match still brings you FXP.

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
1 hour ago, Jack_Sparrow_95 said:

With an average 10k FXP per winning battle, you will need 200 wins -> about 400 battles if you are an average player with 50% winrate. 10 battles per day and you will get Smaland within 40 days. But keep in mind that you can earn additional FXP via daily missions, containers, other missions, even a lost match still brings you FXP.

RIP. When the medics find the corpse, we will all contribute towards a tombstone that reads: "Here lies <insert IGN here>, who spent the last days grinding out FXP. May they have better luck grinding in the afterlife".

There is a South Park episode that I saw last night that used World of Warcraft as the example of having no life. I was thinking that if we replaced Warcraft with Warships, it'd be very applicable still..

• Haha 1

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,673 posts
5,737 battles

I'm not kidding the 800 random battles was an underestimate.

My "teams" in randoms win approximately 1/10-up to a maximum of 4/10.

So it could anywhere from 2000 battles or as low as 800.

It won't ACTUALLY be 800, probably take the number between at 1400.

So base getting Smaland on 1400 random battles at 15 minutes per battle (is that average)?.

That's 21000 minutes or 350 hours of playing, or lets call it 14.6 straight days and nights.

In 2 months and let's bloody well hope the patch doesn't drop near the end.

[NCOTS]
498 posts
12,505 battles
13 minutes ago, Mudpheart said:

So base getting Smaland on 1400 random battles at 15 minutes per battle (is that average)?.

That's 21000 minutes or 350 hours of playing, or lets call it 14.6 straight days and nights.

Seems like you are treating it as an assignment 🤣 

Just relax and grind at your own pace, powergrinding is just falling into WG's FOMO trick

40 posts
15,591 battles

Yeah I agree that most of us cannot give our soul to WG, spending all day playing game. We all have other stuffs in real life (work, family,...). Grinding FXP is a long-time job, you should not have your cloak to make when it begins to rain. Because Smaland is a good ship, I motivate him to try out. Maybe he can make it, maybe he can't, just don't let the game overwhelming and controlling your life.

I am a casual player just like most of you guys, started playing since Nov 2015. I missed the chance to get credit-printer BB63, but since then I managed to get all FXP ships, from Nelson, Mus to the latest Agir. Almost all my T8 ships and above, I mounted standard expendable camo (+100% XP/FXP), +50% XP flag, +300% FXP flag. By that method and warship pre account, 1k to 2k FXP per battle is easy to achieve. When times come (the start of ranked/clan battle season), when you think you can easily secure a win by yourself, invest all XP/FXP flags, camos and start farming. (you can play narai but WG has nerfed the income recently, and I personally found it boring playing Narai).

3 minutes ago, Mudpheart said:

My "teams" in randoms win approximately 1/10-up to a maximum of 4/10.

As I said above, this coefficient is based on your total winrate, so the lower the winrate you are, the more battles you have to grind.

Grinding FXP is a long-time job, don't have your cloak to make when it begins to rain.

• Cool 1

[BONED]
776 posts
9,514 battles
20 hours ago, Jack_Sparrow_95 said:

Hurry up for smaland, will be removed soon, get friesland later.

If you have time to grind, grab some days of warship premium, mount all XP/FXP camo and flags, sail your favourite hight tier ship (T9-10). A wining battle will brings you about 10-15k FXP (20k or above if you managed to top 3) :cap_like:

That much? Sure that is not XP?

I was lucky enough to have some time off yesterday to grind. The best free XP I got was a little under 9k in the Georgia with all FXP flags mounted, full clan bonus, but not a FXP camo. That was from a 190k damage game and getting 6 kills (I think it was 2.7k base).  Overall got 117k free XP for the day, mostly Musashi and Georgia with some other ships I am grinding thrown in.

Playing with my set-up and being in the top 2 with 150k plus damage it was between 5k to 7k on average for a win, and 2.5k to 3k for a loss. If I was going to work out an estimate of how many games I'd go for 4k on a win and 2k on a loss. Grinding is tiring and you don't play as well as you can because of that.   

I've currently got 1.1M FXP so if we have 2 months it should be do-able. My earn rate per game would drop off a bit though because I only have 60 to 150 of the various FXP flags. Though I have got a lot of camos which can help make up the difference.

40 posts
15,591 battles
11 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

I've currently got 1.1M FXP so if we have 2 months it should be do-able. My earn rate per game would drop off a bit though because I only have 60 to 150 of the various FXP flags. Though I have got a lot of camos which can help make up the difference.

Playing T10 ships will brings you more XP than T9, but stick with your Georgia/Mus if you are comfortable with them.

Keep in mind that because FXP are based on the total XP you earned so XP camo is as good as FXP camo. :fish_haloween:

[BONED]
776 posts
9,514 battles

Have already noted that thanks Jack.

I like T9 because of the opportunity to get the bonus for shooting TX ships and I am a tightwad with no perm camo on any TX ships other than my DDs..... Just remembered that new Thunderer.  

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,694 battles
8 hours ago, Puggsley said:

That much? Sure that is not XP?

I was lucky enough to have some time off yesterday to grind. The best free XP I got was a little under 9k in the Georgia with all FXP flags mounted, full clan bonus, but not a FXP camo. That was from a 190k damage game and getting 6 kills (I think it was 2.7k base).  Overall got 117k free XP for the day, mostly Musashi and Georgia with some other ships I am grinding thrown in.

Playing with my set-up and being in the top 2 with 150k plus damage it was between 5k to 7k on average for a win, and 2.5k to 3k for a loss. If I was going to work out an estimate of how many games I'd go for 4k on a win and 2k on a loss. Grinding is tiring and you don't play as well as you can because of that.   

See attached. 10k+ FXP is not hard if playing when WG is giving 200% first win boost during specific days, e.g., X mas.

1760702505_IzumoXPrecord1.thumb.jpg.9be5645353da4bb5645fd0b83ad0e1ff.jpg1863637872_IzumoXPrecord2.thumb.jpg.2210a5ad7ba30f9288256c310a693803.jpg

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles

That is provided you win, get good base xp and use your good flags and camo. Depending on your luck, you may burn flags for poor returns.

[BONED]
776 posts
9,514 battles

That is an eye-watering amount of FXP!

I'm basing it off the regular days because that is what most of them will be in the grind for that million. Outlier games are not really good for basing longer term targets.

Got 50k yesterday (167k in 2 days grind) with half of my games in Mus and Georgia. 

I've got mountains of special camos which will help. BBs are going to be the workhorses because of that ability to hang around doing damage very consistently. 

Sign in to follow this