Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WorIdofWarsheeps

Italian Battleship Branch Size comparison

24 comments in this topic

[KOREA]
Moderator, Beta Tester, Community Contributor
942 posts
8,683 battles

1198632548_-2.thumb.png.a71bf5d1b0f6ed09e8b6f2d810adaa63.png302561309_Screenshot2020-11-13003257.thumb.png.9382704fe8261734972a1aee2d55c7b1.png34001274_Screenshot2020-11-13003315.thumb.png.8c9067f8a0852d80dd97cbeb8d3dabca.png664008382_Screenshot2020-11-13003325.thumb.png.6cdff2242e27c993f6d20f1becf8f38a.png

Plus. Size comparison with UP.41-inspired fakeboat, UP.41, Veneto (Below)

Marco Polo is UP41

up41series.thumb.png.1d35297f72e2c9df429efb817d5206f0.png19053897_Screenshot2020-11-13001825.thumb.png.802f3286e8cb5656248d6f2d4fb5673c.png1779023230_Screenshot2020-11-13001847.thumb.png.c52896c62f11babb6c727e165622efe2.png251007228_Screenshot2020-11-13001938.thumb.png.bf6c8ebd0213ae26b082ab82507b7600.png

All assets are provided by GM3D.com

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[KOREA]
Moderator, Beta Tester, Community Contributor
942 posts
8,683 battles

T10 Techtree Battleship Size comparison btw

366545305_2020-10-11044741.thumb.png.e628f4df135086867061aae6547d2c2b.png

• Cool 1

[5DN1L]
152 posts
1 hour ago, WorIdofWarsheeps said:

T10 Techtree Battleship Size comparison btw

366545305_2020-10-11044741.thumb.png.e628f4df135086867061aae6547d2c2b.png

Oh god,the biggest battleship of the world is made smallest in the game.gg

• Cool 2

[151ST]
3,538 posts
11,931 battles
16 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

That's because they do tiering based on rough specifications rather than era released.

This makes sense for a game, it helps keep the game remotely balanced.

If you didn't have this system, IJN would dominate early tiers in a number of categories, as would RN.

USN would dominate the higher tiers to a ridiculous degree.

Here's an impressive fact; Yamato is the only T10 Battleship that was actually built.

Iowa-class is the only Tier 9 built along with Musashi.

• Cool 1

5,677 posts
9,487 battles
16 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Yamato isn't even that big. Iowa is only a few meters off in either dimensions. But Yamato is probably taller.

• Cool 1

5,677 posts
9,487 battles
48 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

I am just amusing.Size doesn't matter in the game according to me.

It barely matters for WG either. Some people have pointed out that some ships in the game are larger or smaller in proportion to other ships, comparing to how they are/should be IRL.

In general though, sizes of most ships are more of less correct.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

[NCOTS]
501 posts
12,641 battles
4 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Size doesn't matter in the game according to me.

It does matter in some cases. Which is why I love my NC and hate my Iowa, NC is small and nimble, Iowa is long and clumsy, which often gets into trouble in tight quarters

• Funny 1

[-CAT-]
3,392 posts
13,561 battles

Historical? Wat is dis "historical" word dat you speak of?

Such word does not exist in WG library.

WG =

funny-man-throwing-papers-air.jpg.919713fd6c738353f30793dea264e5a9.jpg

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles
19 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Unlike the Yamato, the rest didn't have to consider that pesky thing known as realism.

5,677 posts
9,487 battles
1 minute ago, Thyaliad said:

Unlike the Yamato, the rest didn't have to consider that pesky thing known as realism.

I don't play a video game to experience reality. 

Gimme moar fantasy ships pls. But please be balanced, so that I feel good and my enemies feel good.

Edited by Paladinum

[5DN1L]
152 posts

Friends please answer me one question honestly.Very honestly.

Is it true that once Yamato is visible on the map it is focused by the enemies more than any other ship even it has smallest battleship size.

[5DN1L]
152 posts
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I don't play a video game to experience reality. 

Gimme moar fantasy ships pls. But please be balanced, so that I feel good and my enemies feel good.

But thundrer is pure unbalanced.Good thing is that it will be removed but wait....what about those already owned by people in large numbers.

5,677 posts
9,487 battles
Just now, PATHAK12345 said:

But thundrer is pure unbalanced.Good thing is that it will be removed but wait....what about those already owned by people in large numbers.

That's why I said "please", because WG are horrible at making ships/mechanics balanced.

[NCOTS]
501 posts
12,641 battles
2 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Is it true that once Yamato is visible on the map it is focused by the enemies more than any other ship even it has smallest battleship size.

Maybe yes, maybe no. You really can't figure out what the other 12 players are thinking. 

But for me, I will rather choose other spotted targets, unless only Yamato is spotted. And size doesn't matter at all in this case, you are shorter than some of the other BBs but you are slow and clumsy

[5DN1L]
152 posts
8 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

Maybe yes, maybe no. You really can't figure out what the other 12 players are thinking. 

But for me, I will rather choose other spotted targets, unless only Yamato is spotted. And size doesn't matter at all in this case, you are shorter than some of the other BBs but you are slow and clumsy

Please tell me if there are separate values for receiving fire on tier 10 ships because I think for all the ships fire reduction chance is 50% on tier 10.But everyone says that yamato is best ship to cook,is it true.

[NCOTS]
501 posts
12,641 battles
28 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Please tell me if there are separate values for receiving fire on tier 10 ships

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire#Fire_Resistance here, I am bad at math so these numbers are like alien languages to me, just remember that T10 ships have the best fire resistance. 

29 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

everyone says that yamato is best ship to cook,is it true.

Nope, at least reference sources out if you want to use this claim. The only T10 ship you have is Yamato so you will feel that she is on fire often, get yourself a GK so you can have a better understanding of being BBQed for the whole game 🤣

• Cool 3

[5DN1L]
152 posts
1 hour ago, rookieFTW said:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire#Fire_Resistance here, I am bad at math so these numbers are like alien languages to me, just remember that T10 ships have the best fire resistance. 

Nope, at least reference sources out if you want to use this claim. The only T10 ship you have is Yamato so you will feel that she is on fire often, get yourself a GK so you can have a better understanding of being BBQed for the whole game 🤣

No No i have only yamato but I have watched a ton of wows streams and gameplays.Many people were saying that yamato's biggest weakness is fire.I was just asking

[151ST]
3,538 posts
11,931 battles
3 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

No No i have only yamato but I have watched a ton of wows streams and gameplays.Many people were saying that yamato's biggest weakness is fire.I was just asking

Slow down...

Before we dive into this, just because heaps of people say Yamato's biggest weakness is fire doesn't make it objective truth. This is a subjective question but I'll get into why many people wouldn't say fire.

1. Just because Yamato can be burned does not mean that it is the ship that's weakest to fire. There is more to consider rather than just 'but she burns'. GK is probably the weakest to fire because of other factors:
    a. GK has less effective range. GKs dispersion and standard range values mean she fights closer to the enemy and because of Yamatos long-range bias comparatively, GK puts herself in a more risky position.
    b. GK is a bigger ship. Because she is bigger in size, she is easier to hit and more particularly easier to set fires in specific sections. Meanwhile Yamato can again fight outside CA range and just snipe.
    c. GK is sluggish. GK has an exceptionally large turning circle, is closer to the enemy and bigger and also she's very sluggish. While Yamato does have worse rudder, GK is generally only effective closer to the enemy and thus her sluggishness is more noticable.
    Just because your Yamato burns, doesn't mean that she is the weakest to fire. Yes she is weak to fire but that doesn't mean she's the worst for it. Because Yamato is generally further from the enemy she can almost always go 'dark' meaning that if you play her well, fire can be a minor annoyance from a Thunderer. But thing is if you manage your concealment and consumables properly, he's wasting his shells as it's spreading the damage more evening amongst your team.
  2. So if fires aren't Yamatos biggest weakness, what is? Simply put, her cheeks. Yamato has a 3-faced front citadel shape under her front turret. This is a critical weakness and is one of the stupidest things in the game (IMO). The reason for this is that this shape effectively means only completely nose-in is 'perfectly' angled for Yamato. The moment you over-angle just a bit past the autobounce angle, you can eat citadel hits easily because the incoming shells are hitting a flat surface. 

Fires are something that you manage in all ships and particularly in Tier 10 Battleships. Yamato out of all the Battleships at T10 is long-range biased, so she is in a better position to start with. You then have consumables and concealment to manage fires. I would argue that her citadel weakness is her biggest weakness as it's unique to her and something that if you get wrong, can end you very quickly.

Yes fires suck, that's why full tank/CE builds are so strong and why playing at range or from cover is so common.

Just because Yamato burns, does not mean Yamato is the weakest to fire.

This citadel shape:

shot-20_11.14_08_03.23-0602.thumb.jpg.a39de02c8e382cfe73046405418af572.jpg

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

[5DN1L]
152 posts
7 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Slow down...

Before we dive into this, just because heaps of people say Yamato's biggest weakness is fire doesn't make it objective truth. This is a subjective question but I'll get into why many people wouldn't say fire.

1. Just because Yamato can be burned does not mean that it is the ship that's weakest to fire. There is more to consider rather than just 'but she burns'. GK is probably the weakest to fire because of other factors:
    a. GK has less effective range. GKs dispersion and standard range values mean she fights closer to the enemy and because of Yamatos long-range bias comparatively, GK puts herself in a more risky position.
    b. GK is a bigger ship. Because she is bigger in size, she is easier to hit and more particularly easier to set fires in specific sections. Meanwhile Yamato can again fight outside CA range and just snipe.
    c. GK is sluggish. GK has an exceptionally large turning circle, is closer to the enemy and bigger and also she's very sluggish. While Yamato does have worse rudder, GK is generally only effective closer to the enemy and thus her sluggishness is more noticable.
    Just because your Yamato burns, doesn't mean that she is the weakest to fire. Yes she is weak to fire but that doesn't mean she's the worst for it. Because Yamato is generally further from the enemy she can almost always go 'dark' meaning that if you play her well, fire can be a minor annoyance from a Thunderer. But thing is if you manage your concealment and consumables properly, he's wasting his shells as it's spreading the damage more evening amongst your team.
  2. So if fires aren't Yamatos biggest weakness, what is? Simply put, her cheeks. Yamato has a 3-faced front citadel shape under her front turret. This is a critical weakness and is one of the stupidest things in the game (IMO). The reason for this is that this shape effectively means only completely nose-in is 'perfectly' angled for Yamato. The moment you over-angle just a bit past the autobounce angle, you can eat citadel hits easily because the incoming shells are hitting a flat surface. 

Fires are something that you manage in all ships and particularly in Tier 10 Battleships. Yamato out of all the Battleships at T10 is long-range biased, so she is in a better position to start with. You then have consumables and concealment to manage fires. I would argue that her citadel weakness is her biggest weakness as it's unique to her and something that if you get wrong, can end you very quickly.

Yes fires suck, that's why full tank/CE builds are so strong and why playing at range or from cover is so common.

Just because Yamato burns, does not mean Yamato is the weakest to fire.

This citadel shape:

shot-20_11.14_08_03.23-0602.thumb.jpg.a39de02c8e382cfe73046405418af572.jpg

Please watch my replay that I have posted on another thread'Typical bb.....'.

I just got yamamoto with 15 points so i took fire prevention instead of concealment.

Your point is 100% true about fire.I feel sorry for GK.But at the same time 90% GK players can be seen sniping in matches because of fire.(stupid meta)

Sign in to follow this