Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
notyourfather

Bye Thunderer

10 comments in this topic

[TF44]
382 posts
4,918 battles

CHANGES IN AVAILABILITY OF SEVERAL SHIPS

In Update 0.10.1 several ships will no longer be available to obtain

Commanders!

Starting from Update 0.10.1, the following ships will no longer be available to obtain:

• British battleship Thunderer, Tier X;
  • European destroyer Smaland, Tier X;
  • American battleship Georgia, Tier IX;
  • American cruiser Alaska, Tier IX;
  • American battleship Massachusetts, Tier VIII.

These ships have become very popular on their Tiers. However, in order to maintain the diversity of team compositions at a proper level, they will be removed for an undefined time, but may return in future.

We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that those interested can steer these ships into their Ports before Update 0.10.1 goes live in approximately three months.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/95

[LBAS]
5,312 posts
11,988 battles

I have no interest them

before the time has comes I take one of USN BB

[SMOKE]
2,509 posts
18,035 battles

this is kind of hilarious, T10 Smaland, just how long had it been on the offer ; or better still to be asked, just how long had Ikean DD had been here , got to tell you how grossly out of balance that boat is vs other T10 DD. These days high tier DD is like all power crept to the point of irrelevant , not the boat themselves but the game mechanics and how people play, this afternoon I was on a high tier game with a total of 12 Cruisers ( 6 a side ) and only 3 of them do not had Radar, all the others are 10/12KM .. oh and a CV too , got to tell why all the other DD ( who cannot long rage torp nor way too ineffective in that regard ) are fast becoming port queens

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles

Unlike Smolensk, Thunderer is incredibly popular, but also effective for the meta. I doubt the queue will be normal enough after the removal.

Instead, this will be another "Kamikaze syndrome". Veterans have undisputed advantage against those who miss the ship. Although unlike Kamikaze which sits on sealclubbing tier, Thunderer will be the undisputed choice for Ranked & Clan Battle.

• Thanks 1

[MRI]
3,794 posts
16,860 battles

About time. Asia server has been infested with Thunderers (usually badly played ones). Goodbye and good riddance.

I am surprised Smaland is being removed though. Unlike the others I don't see it too often in my games.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,231 posts
14,200 battles

Got all except Smaland and Massy.

Neither of which were on my "to get" list, but still easily within my grasp.

Damn FOMO.

[NCOTS]
503 posts
12,665 battles

Didn't expect all 5 will be remove in one go, but indeed all except Smaland has infest the high tiers for a long time

[BONED]
790 posts
9,757 battles

Recently got the Thunderer, and Georgia previouus to that. Only one i was working towards was the Smaland, really only for the rarity value, you hardly see them.

Might get an Alaska with those FXP instead.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles
11 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Got all except Smaland and Massy.

If you really should, get the Mass.

I had 3 days rental of her in my NA account, and she's actually worth the FOMO thing. Basically Bismarck with bigger caliber, and better AA.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this