You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Armory changes.

41 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,377 posts
15,835 battles

Commanders!

Starting from Update 0.10.1, the following ships will no longer be available to obtain:

British battleship Thunderer, Tier X;

European destroyer Smaland, Tier X;

American battleship Georgia, Tier IX;

American cruiser Alaska, Tier IX;

American battleship Massachusetts, Tier VIII.

These ships have become very popular on their Tiers. However, in order to maintain the diversity of team compositions at a proper level, they will be removed for an undefined time, but may return in future.

We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that those interested can steer these ships into their Ports before Update 0.10.1 goes live in approximately three months.

That means Ise,Tone, and the Upcoming Tier IX Italian is coming soon in Armory. 

Edited by IJN_Katori
  • Cool 1

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

Good Riddance for Overrated Thunderer.

Goodbye Overrated-Ive-seen-everyday-Alaska-Battlecruiser .

Goodbye my Sweet Sweet love Georgia ( At least i had you before you be gone. )

Goodbye I don't know who you are Smøland .

Goodbye South Dakota Class Battleship with Bismarck Secondaries.

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,775 battles

I actually only want the smaland but I'm 1m fxp short.

[-CAT-]
3,392 posts
13,561 battles
2 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

@S0und_Theif @S4pp3R

Bye bye Thunderer.

WG has created a problem but has yet to find a solution to this.

Pump too many premium ship (let alone OP premium ships) and they break the spreadsheet.

Instead of premium ships, why not more tech tree ships or customizable ships.
(Given that the Conqueror 1.0 was not up to spec, but that is just WG programmers being too lazy to update the sigma value of the guns when switching between 419 mm and 457 mm)

3 years after they pulled out USS Missouri, no solution has been put on the table to bring her back other than gambling on Christmas containers.
(Santa Clause / Saint Nicholas will give WoWs team coal this year. They are misbehaving.)

As for USS Massachusetts, it is quite popular with the RMT'ers, botters (poorly scripted), account sellers (I recall it's their minimum requirements).

The same violators which WG refuse to ban why this ship is now going bye bye.

Link:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/95

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,011 posts
13,704 battles

Ah yes the exactly same copy paste explanation since they removed Missouri.

Salem is still not popular enough.

Azuma & Yoshino also stay. But I'm inclined to believe one of them will be removed on the next cycle.

I doubt those hybrids will be the replacements. Plymouth, Vampire II, Fen Yang will be released sooner.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,877 battles

The race for 2 mill FXP begins.

Thunderer I can get when coupon drops next time.

[SMOKE]
2,487 posts
18,013 battles

too many premium ship is not the problem, too many OP premium ship and a game mechanic / meta that power crept all other to the point of useless is the problem. Just tell me how long had Smaland been on the offer, how long actually had Euro DD been here. Its popular not because its actually that good or OP, its so popular cause all other T10 DD are power crept to be point of almost unable to do anything at all with their own and all the said BB and the Cruiser on this list really help to perpetrate that.

So will this help to made the game better with more variety , I doubt it, those who can get them will get them , if they do not already had them , and those who already had them will continue playing them cause the fact is other are not balanced to perform on the same level and T9/T10 are high demand environment, you just do not take an artificially inferior ship to battle against these artificially OP ship , simple as that. WG simply do not want to made the other ( especially the tech tree ships ) ships balanced to play on the same level, intentional or not , that leave a bad taste with all the players .. go tell a Khaba player that his boat is performing and spec the same level as the Smaland , BALANCE , what balance ... WG 's so call solution to this variety and balance , oh we shall remove the ship from the shop .. cool, its just making it more un-balanced cause those who had access to these ships will keep on playing them ( until even more OP ship come along ) and those new player / those who cannot had the resource to get them before they are off the shelf will be left missed out and forced to not to play the high tier games or play in inferior ships.

• Cool 2

[KAMI]
530 posts
6,381 battles

Ah yes, these are all undisputedly considered good, if not maybe even OP,  premium ships.

[LGND]
569 posts
13,704 battles

Aaaand SALEM still there not removed...

She really like immortal witch...

No one bats an eye for salem, thx to wg to make her not so special.....

• Funny 3

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
1 hour ago, IJN_Katori said:

These ships have become very popular on their Tiers. However, in order to maintain the diversity of team compositions at a proper level, they will be removed for an undefined time, but may return in future.

Translation: We made ships too powerful again that everyone got them. We now plan to remove them and give you enough time to spend all your money to buy them, then bring them back in expensive gamble boxes

I'll be honest. As a collector, I don't like seeing stuff disappear. I blame WG for making it too good in the first place that everyone got them.

That, and not making everything else as good, which they should have done.

• Cool 1

5,677 posts
9,487 battles

Salem and Hayate will never be removed for obvious reason. They kinda suck. What is the last time you even see a Hayate in any game mode? Any at all?

An infinitely small chance more likely (to be removed), Yoshino.

Azuma will be removed in the future (when, not if), simply for being a T9 FXP CR like Kornstarch and Alaskiy. Well, so far all T9 FXP ships have been removed after a year or so time.

Speaking of which, when is Flint coming bacc?

Edited by Paladinum

[SMOKE]
2,487 posts
18,013 battles

indeed, though I had Salem and like it a lot , I shall be the first to say this is definitely not an OP ship , its one of the very few actually balanced premium, it does not out perform like of like tech tree peers but offer a variety , what premium should be, but because of that its what made it so unpopular ; and Hayate , kind of the same, its actually not a bad boat to play , fun, capable and still very much IJN , but of course at 2 mil FXP ( or those coal for Salem ) people just expect guaranteed ( and excessive ) OP features, OP performance and they can get those in the mentioned list

We keep seeing this over and over again, Belfast, Mushashi, Kron, JB, Smolensk, now these ... kind of tell us where the problem lies right, definitely not the ships themselves

1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

That, and not making everything else as good, which they should have done.

Ha Ha Ha .. will WG ever do that , I doubt it , and then they will had to keep repeating the same history over and over again

Edited by Mechfori

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles

I can get Smaland by grinding (only need slightly less than 500,000 FXP, shouldn't be too hard)

So... The big question.

Should I buy Massachusetts, I can get  her on Tech Tree for 12750 doubloons, totaling $69.36 AUD.

Problem is, these days I'm mostly focused on grinding tech tree ships and playing ops, and no T8 ops, so I usually don't buy T8 ships anymore, at least, not for that money, I have bought a few heavily discounted ones like Odin, Anchorage and Cossack, but the only T8 premiums I bought outright were HSF Harekaze and Atago, and that was a while back.

So... don't really want to buy Massy just to be a port queen... but am I really ok with missing out? Sigh, I wish there were T8 operations which allowed T8 US BBs, then I know I would use her.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,496 posts
11,870 battles

The removal of all of these ships seem reasonable.  Thunderer should have gone ages ago, it's too good and way too popular, you'll often see four or five in a battle.  Alaska is the best T9 supercruiser, and has always been a bit too good.  Georgia is too strong, and Massachusetts is blatantly OP (note that Massa is the only ship here only available for money - the rest of the ships are all available for coal or free XP - this means it likely, and justifiably, joins the never to be sold again list like Belfast/Enterprise/GC etc).

Smaland is an interesting one.  There is no way it is too popular, you barely see them, although you do see them occasionally in CB's where they are particularly strong (caveat - for a DD).  It's a very good ship though, and I think it's reasonable that they would remove it for being a bit OP, so I'm not going to argue the point.  If they're removing Smaland, expect to see Halland nerfs at some point in the near future, because that ship is the most easy mode T10 DD in the game, with almost everything a DD captain could possible want in a ship.

• Cool 1

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,775 battles
5 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I can get Smaland by grinding (only need slightly less than 500,000 FXP, shouldn't be too hard)

So... The big question.

Should I buy Massachusetts, I can get  her on Tech Tree for 12750 doubloons, totaling $69.36 AUD.

Problem is, these days I'm mostly focused on grinding tech tree ships and playing ops, and no T8 ops, so I usually don't buy T8 ships anymore, at least, not for that money, I have bought a few heavily discounted ones like Odin, Anchorage and Cossack, but the only T8 premiums I bought outright were HSF Harekaze and Atago, and that was a while back.

So... don't really want to buy Massy just to be a port queen... but am I really ok with missing out? Sigh, I wish there were T8 operations which allowed T8 US BBs, then I know I would use her.

You can apply a doubloon ship coupon in armory assuming you haven't used up.

[151ST]
188 posts
4,305 battles

soooooo, how long until 0.10.1 drops?

I have Thunderer and Massa. I will get Georgia for coal very soon. Alaska is looking good in black. Smaland is 1.2 mil FXP away.....

Edited by Davey77

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles
6 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

As a Massy owner I can say she is extremely strong if not overpowered. So it is quite likely she will never be sold again.

But up to you really. No point buying an OP ship if you have no intention of using her.

• Cool 1

[4RSE]
400 posts
10,806 battles

2 million FXP for a ship is too much - I am saving my FXP for the commander skill rework. Currently sitting on 2.5 mill fxp and 2.3 mill ECxp. I think I read they are making the 20th point 500k and the 21st point 750k. So all that saved up fxp and ecxp won't go very far at all. I have 14 or 15 19 point commanders at the moment.

Smalland will join Smolensk and be one that got away.

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
2 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

You can apply a doubloon ship coupon in armory assuming you haven't used up.

Oh yeah! I can.

Thanks for reminding me.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,682 posts
5,758 battles

Well if a player is willing to whale out 55,000 doubloons on ARP pack, how many free xp does that get you?.

I've got Halland and its easily the best, Smaland is that little bit betterer.

I think I would have much more fun playing Smaland than another version of my Yamato, or my tier 8 IJN cruiser fleet.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
10 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

The race for 2 mill FXP begins.

Thunderer I can get when coupon drops next time.

I’d donate you some of mine if I could Max.

21,300,000 in the kitty.....

• Thanks 1

40 posts
15,649 battles
11 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

These ships have become very popular on their Tiers

I don't think this is right about Smaland, I can barely see Smaland in random, about 2/10 matches she appear.

But I don't mind it 'cause I already owned all 5 ships above :cat_cool:

[LNA]
2,093 posts
15,375 battles
12 minutes ago, Jack_Sparrow_95 said:

I don't think this is right about Smaland, I can barely see Smaland in random, about 2/10 matches she appear.

But I don't mind it 'cause I already owned all 5 ships above :cat_cool:

Smaland is a death sentence to any dd in competitive mode. It can hunt dd and flex around cv strikes against it with it's burst speed mode. With coordination, Smaland can wreck a push simply because enemy dd cannot scout.

And it still got those 8 super quick fishes to deter overconfident enemies.