Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

Kitakaze choice of T4 skills CE vs AFT vs IFHE

9 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
390 posts
9,112 battles

Just got the ship. I am planning to pick CE and AFT. IFHE sounds good but may be situational ie only more effective when you are hitting 32mm. But you lose fire chance in all situations. So the build will be:

PT+LS+SE+CE+AFT+BFT+AR, then reload mod.

But I also really want to get DE. Should I ditch CE? Or maybe swap AFT with range mod?

Any suggestion from Kita/Haru veterans would be very helpful!

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
7,023 posts
48,159 battles

Reload mod > BFT

AFT > Range mod

IFHE is better than DE

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,816 posts
29,639 battles

kita is a very flexible ship, but as with every DD out there, ALWAYS take CE as your first 4 point cpt skill

• Cool 2

[SMOKE]
3,357 posts
19,925 battles

CE , it's a DD , though stealth at this tier right now pretty much all compromised it's still one of the property that made a DD .

[CLAY]
3,672 posts
15,667 battles

Stick with CE, you need it.

As you’ve already put, the first 4 skills for DDs are pretty much PT, LS, SE and CE. These are essential skills (if you’re really confident, you can swap out PT for PM or something I do).

You can make viable builds without IFHE, but DE is not as good as it once was.

40 posts
17,420 battles

You can try IFA, PM, SE/SI/Bft/DE, CE.

Honestly I am not DD main but I think this build works fine. This build will give you better RPM and more effective DE (because the more RPM you have, the more effective DE skill will be).

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,488 posts
15,384 battles

Good concealment is still one of the reason why Kitakaze is borderline OP gunboat. With full concealment, Kitakaze can outspot Friesland & Ostergotland by a fair margin.

My build is more of a mix of generalist & anti-DD role.

shot-20_11.12_10_13.50-0232.thumb.jpg.0dab37e6c3b76961fe7e5d55d299b003.jpg

shot-20_11.12_10_19.41-0921.thumb.jpg.a6dd2f33a782fbb442c8126d797d28af.jpg

• I don't take BFT because the reload is decent enough to outgun Friesland, Ostergotland, and Halland.
  • I don't take DE because the RoF is high enough to set fire.
  • I don't take IFHE because it deprives the Kitakaze from being a decent firestarter. Sure my Kitakaze can't pen 32mm, but IFHE only improves it to 38mm. Izumo, Yamato, and the high tier Soviet BBs are still immune from it.
  • I don't take AFT because I almost never get the chance to camp in smoke & HE spam anything with impunity due to the lack of adequate spotter these days. The default range is sufficient for most of the time, especially in DD vs DD situation.
  • RPF (actually RL) is to dictate my engagement against the DDs with better concealment such as; IJN torpboats, Lightning, Jutland, and Fletcher.
Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

[ARRR]
981 posts
14,401 battles

I'm totally with you Rein, that is exactly my build for pretty much the same reasons.

With the almost 100% chance of a CV in higher tier games most of the spotting is done by CV if you are smoked up. It really limits the time available to farm from smoke unless you can get way off to the side and engage when they are shooting at your allies over open water.as I mostly PTFO in the early sage of the game smoking up anywhere near caps is an open invitation to radar to help delete you.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this