Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HoChunHao

This really upsets me

18 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,859 battles

Not sure if this was shared before but was brought to my attention from a friend/clan mate
image.thumb.png.4bb963fe66347d344a2cb6f20f3936f5.png
To be honest, this is indeed very sad to see.
What I am seeing here is a "pat on the shoulder" to those who violated said rules.

Here is the thing, first offence? OK, FINE, go on with what you did innitially by you know, disbanding said clans and removing their resources from that season in which they violated those rules.
But 2nd offence and above should in my opinion be warranted with a temporary ban in addition to nuking their resources they gained.

Caught RMTing? Why no just nuke them? Why let this viruses linger around only to have them do it again? How is that going to "but to make sure that people do not violate the rules in the future" after seeing how easy going the punishment is? In the end, this RMTers win as they got what they wanted which is their KaChing aka Cash
"We always hope that all our players are really good people and can understand their mistakes", sorry but what? Yes, we are capable of understanding but calling that a MISTAKE? Are you out of your mind? I think a half brained human being is able to determine from common sense itself to what is right and what is wrong.
Cheating? Instant ban, so be it. Let alone a 3 month temporary ban would be nice to see
RMT? Instant ban, so be it. Why still allow this mongrels to play to conduct their RMT again?
Account Sharing? Well, nothing to say, current punishment seems fine but punishment for 2nd offence should be harsher

Share your thoughts on how WG deals with this BS

Edited by HoChunHao
  • Cool 4

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,071 posts
15,156 battles

The only way to make these people "understand" their mistakes is to sanction them (and their clients) hard enough that they WILL lose out, materially speaking. Namely, account bans.

• Cool 3

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,551 battles
1 minute ago, stratmania said:

The only way to make these people "understand" their mistakes is to sanction them (and their clients) hard enough that they WILL lose out, materially speaking. Namely, account bans.

and none of that "three strikes" bullshit either, it should be one and out for stuff like this

• Cool 4

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

Just nuke those cheaters already dammit!

And since when " GOOD PEOPLE "  can understand their mistakes?! The moment you disband the said clan, they will always comes back.

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
Just now, IJN_Katori said:

If it's from EU.

Answer is really disappointing...

Its always Bootlicker in EU. CIS and EU had the most population in Wows.

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,577 battles

This is upsetting.

WG management is not sanctioning them, probably because WG management does not admit that they themselves are making and approving unpopular, irresponsible, and insane decisions, which is why good paying and good playing players are leaving the game.

And when good people leave the game, population drops.

I guess WG just does not want to admit that they are making unpopular, irresponsible, and insane decisions. And they keep these violators just to falsely say that the game is healthy and the population is steady or increasing. (But we have decreased 10,000 players after EU DD)

Now you know why you still see those violators still in the game.

Focused on Random Battles, HA!

It's like the violators are already robbing WG's money and at the same time, kicks WG between the legs, and WG says, it's alright. Do it again, I won't punish you. I enjoy getting robbed and getting kicked between the legs. :Smile_facepalm:

When did WG start to be, run by Clowns. *sigh*

To an extent, I want those WG management who is making these unpopular, irresponsible, and insane decisions removed or forced retired and replace them.

They are not good for the game, the company, and it's customers.

I am very disappointed at WG.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[AN-DO]
733 posts
10,803 battles

I think the worst part is that these people not being banned has a negative impact on all the other players, WG is so afraid to kick customers no matter how bad their behaviour is that they would rather keep them on so they can ruin the game for the vast majority of the rest of the players who do play honestly. WGs lack of courage/good sense in these situations is terrible. I've unfortunately had first hand experience of some bad stuff in this game and had it not been for the fact that I really enjoy hanging out with my clan-mates I would have walked away for good. WG would have lost a decent player to keep a toxic one. It's literally only luck for them that I continued playing. So I'm with everybody else here in that violations of the EULA should be properly punished and increase in severity to include outright bans - and not after dozens of nice warnings.

• Cool 4

[KAMI]
530 posts
6,381 battles

Just means everyone should engage in it.

Thats one way to interpret it.

Edited by Verytis

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,172 battles

Ok... the ‘pat them on the shoulder and tell them that what they are doing is wrong’ only works when they are doing it by mistake. This will not deter people who do it deliberately 

If you are not going to punish people, The only way to ”Make sure people do not violate the rules in the future” is to implement mechanics that prevent them from doing so. And WG are at times very bad at implementing mechanics, and they often hit unintended people.

Many of these people are deliberate rule breakers. While they can do so without anyone stopping them, they will do so.

• Cool 3

[BONED]
785 posts
9,726 battles

Its the combination of this sort of punishment

russiannerf.gif.97cfae5fd23f381c83c67023c7b83f38.gif

and the policy of not wanting to reveal any of the punishments. The paranoia about naming and shaming (of anonymous account names) of people who have done wrong makes the cost of breaking the rules trivial.

They would only have to ban a couple of offenders and have them lose their account, then publish that fact, and the levels of rule breaking would plummet.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

5,678 posts
9,495 battles

There is a thread in the Announcement subforum that is updated almost daily about violation/account sanctioning, but there is nothing about which violations they are, and how each violation is punished.

• Cool 1

[BONED]
785 posts
9,726 battles
6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

There is a thread in the Announcement subforum that is updated almost daily about violation/account sanctioning, but there is nothing about which violations they are, and how each violation is punished.

Copy Pasta, change a numba.

That has all the deterrence value of announcing you are leaving $1M in the care of a newborn, armed with a stick of celery, on Platform 3 of Central railway station.

• Funny 1

[TF44]
529 posts
22,461 battles
13 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

This is upsetting.

WG management is not sanctioning them, probably because WG management does not admit that they themselves are making and approving unpopular, irresponsible, and insane decisions, which is why good paying and good playing players are leaving the game.

And when good people leave the game, population drops.

I guess WG just does not want to admit that they are making unpopular, irresponsible, and insane decisions. And they keep these violators just to falsely say that the game is healthy and the population is steady or increasing. (But we have decreased 10,000 players after EU DD)

Now you know why you still see those violators still in the game.

Focused on Random Battles, HA!

It's like the violators are already robbing WG's money and at the same time, kicks WG between the legs, and WG says, it's alright. Do it again, I won't punish you. I enjoy getting robbed and getting kicked between the legs. :Smile_facepalm:

When did WG start to be, run by Clowns. *sigh*

To an extent, I want those WG management who is making these unpopular, irresponsible, and insane decisions removed or forced retired and replace them.

They are not good for the game, the company, and it's customers.

I am very disappointed at WG.

the sad truth of office politics. decision makers never get removed. only the grunt level get canned on simple mistakes. 

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,577 battles
3 hours ago, Lowyat said:

the sad truth of office politics. decision makers never get removed. only the grunt level get canned on simple mistakes. 

Exactly.

Cut the leg but leave the cancer.

One of the reasons why good companies fail.

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,577 battles
9 hours ago, Paladinum said:

As opposed to WoT.

They show you how many were warned, sanctioned, and perma banned. Both in their forum and WoT Asia website.

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/announcements/fair-play-nov-2020/

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/88105-botting-ban-wave-results/

They uphold their EULA.

WoWs on the other hand is 180° in thinking.

They need to be transparent.

But, I guess WoWs team doesn't really mind being robbed while being kicked between the legs in the same time.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MALD]
443 posts
36,217 battles

unknown.png

> makes no sense to punish individual players
> we wont be punishing the clan

Consistency.

[MRI]
3,787 posts
16,849 battles

This was absolutely disgusting to read.

It is really upsetting that WG would rather protect unrepentant offenders than legitimate players.

We always hope that all our players are really good people and can understand their mistakes.

Sorry WG but do you seriously believe these are "mistakes"? Is WG seriously that naive? How can cheating, account-sharing and steel-trading be a mistake? I am very sure that all players are aware that that is an offense. It is like saying "Oops I did a money-laundering! My bad!"

Sure, a first time offense might be considered a mistake (however unlikely), but repeated offenses are deliberate. Imo a second offense should be a permanent ban, no questions asked. Appealing to the inherent goodness of people only really works if said people had any morals to begin with.

Our goal is not to ban users, but to make sure that people do not violate the rules in the future.

Gee, I wonder what may make people not violate the rules. I am very sure the threat of harsh punishment has got nothing to do with it. :Smile_smile:

If WG were parents, they would make for very shitty ones and end up with very shitty children.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this