Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

14 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

This is Review from my Perspective about the change their made to USN CV and about the New Tech tree Line IJN CV

Let's start with the ship itself:

- USN CV have more AA and at tier 8 to 9 (probably 10 too) could single handedly eliminate any single squad in quick succession before they even drop any bomb (except torpedo from far away)

- IJN CV have..... capability to launch squadron faster than USN counterpart but worse AA, and their Concealment are really good compare to USN CV

Flight Control:

- USN CV.... have much better Fighter than IJN CV, 1 USN Fighter Squad might lose to 2 IJN Fighter Squad, but win in 1 vs 1 (easily)

- USN CV from Langley to Lexington only can deploy 1 squad of torpedo bomber at a time, even at their all Bomber Flight Control which is Bad

- IJN CV from Houshou to Zuiho only have up to 1 Fighter squad only,and each IJN Squad only have 4 planes

- IJN CV rely on their Number of bomber (for example, Lexington All bomber Flight control only have 1 TB and 3 DB, while Shoukaku have 3 TB and 3 DB. Conclusion: USN 6 TB and 12 DB vs 12 TB and 12 DB, Completely outnumbered and for worse Both nation's TB's damages are not far different)

Planes: (don't need to explain USN Planes since already there since even Alpha)

- IJN Fighters as mention above have slightly higher speed but less damage against other planes

- IJN TBs are next candidate to be called OP by BB player since even the patch make Torpedo Spread Wider (bad news for USN TB) doesn't change the fact that IJN TB can do Torpedo wave with very narrow spread (Their 3 TB squad could make even Narrower Torpedo wave than even 2 USN TB squad can do before the recent patch)

- IJN DBs similar to USN counterpart with some have better speed and survivability, and same damage (My hearth Broke)

Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

This is Review from my Perspective about the change their made to USN CV and about the New Tech tree Line IJN CV

Let's start with the ship itself:

- USN CV have more AA and at tier 8 to 9 (probably 10 too) could single handedly eliminate any single squad in quick succession before they even drop any bomb (except torpedo from far away)

- IJN CV have..... capability to launch squadron faster than USN counterpart but worse AA, and their Concealment are really good compare to USN CV

Flight Control:

- USN CV.... have much better Fighter than IJN CV, 1 USN Fighter Squad might lose to 2 IJN Fighter Squad, but win in 1 vs 1 (easily)

- USN CV from Langley to Lexington only can deploy 1 squad of torpedo bomber at a time, even at their all Bomber Flight Control which is Bad

- IJN CV from Houshou to Zuiho only have up to 1 Fighter squad only,and each IJN Squad only have 4 planes

- IJN CV rely on their Number of bomber (for example, Lexington All bomber Flight control only have 1 TB and 3 DB, while Shoukaku have 3 TB and 3 DB. Conclusion: USN 6 TB and 12 DB vs 12 TB and 12 DB, Completely outnumbered and for worse Both nation's TB's damages are not far different)

Planes: (don't need to explain USN Planes since already there since even Alpha)

- IJN Fighters as mention above have slightly higher speed but less damage against other planes

- IJN TBs are next candidate to be called OP by BB player since even the patch make Torpedo Spread Wider (bad news for USN TB) doesn't change the fact that IJN TB can do Torpedo wave with very narrow spread (Their 3 TB squad could make even Narrower Torpedo wave than even 2 USN TB squad can do before the recent patch)

- IJN DBs similar to USN counterpart with better speed and survivability, and same damage (My hearth Broke)

Have you tried tier 7 Hiryu yet?

The zero fighter she has literally tear up all planes even USN ones.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

some Hiryuu stats is even better than shoukaku (surprisingly)

Edit: No, not really, worse damage and survivalbility but much faster

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
652 posts
3,525 battles

If it was Taiho and Hakuryu, get ready for any plane to get ripped off .

Bearcats will cry from J7W1 .

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

I am using Hiryu and I'm ripping all planes to shreds already.

Edit. P.S. for your info the planes do 90 dps 

H6uXWtL.jpg

Edited by Halken_Sky

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I am using Hiryu and I'm ripping all planes to shreds already

yeah, the moment you get 2 fighter squad for the first time  to engage 1 USN fighter squad

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Overall USN Fighters are just as good as IJN ones really.

A6M slightly higher FP but less HP, F4F is opposite with more HP but less FP. 

The thing is that if IJN Captain wants to win a Fighter engagement he has to deploy 2 squads instead, 1 squad will get chewed up for sure.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Overall USN Fighters are just as good as IJN ones really.

A6M slightly higher FP but less HP, F4F is opposite with more HP but less FP. 

The thing is that if IJN Captain wants to win a Fighter engagement he has to deploy 2 squads instead, 1 squad will get chewed up for sure.

Basically by number become this 

2 USN Fighter Squad = 3 IJN Fighter Squad

Beta Tester
15 posts
1,878 battles

Overall I am really disappointed about the US CVs in this patch. The fact that there is only one TB squadron on most of the carriers in all flight control options just made them more or less useless against other ships, since Bombers are just too RNG and sometimes simply miss everything. I don't see an advantage of US fighters over IJN fighters so in my opinion the two nations CVs are pretty unbalanced

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Overall I am really disappointed about the US CVs in this patch. The fact that there is only one TB squadron on most of the carriers in all flight control options just made them more or less useless against other ships, since Bombers are just too RNG and sometimes simply miss everything. I don't see an advantage of US fighters over IJN fighters so in my opinion the two nations CVs are pretty unbalanced

Even if they said USN have more Reliable Air superiority, they didn't pay us enough for Taking down enemy planes

Beta Tester
15 posts
1,878 battles

Even if they said USN have more Reliable Air superiority, they didn't pay us enough for Taking down enemy planes

and they removed the air superiority set up... 

Oh well I think they are just testing the balance between the two nations carriers. I hope they will change it soon. The best thing will be for the players themselves to choose the aircraft loadout.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

I don't see an advantage of US fighters over IJN fighters so in my opinion the two nations CVs are pretty unbalanced

While it does vary a bit from tier to tier, the individual planes tend to be roughly similar in stats. What makes the USN Carriers so good at air superiority is the actual number of Fighters they can have in the air. At Tiers 5 and 6, you're looking at 12 USN Fighters (in 2 squadrons) versus 4 IJN Fighters (in 1 squadron). Tier 7 you have 12 versus 8. While Tier 8 is again 12 versus 8, the USN Corsairs of this tier have a massive dps advantage over the IJN A7Ms.

I'm only as far as Tier 6 in both lines, but I do like them both so far. They are very different and I wouldn't say one or the other is clearly better.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Air Superiority in this game is kinda worthless, while your team less vulnerable to air attack, both CV lose their damaging ability toward ships quite much (You can't kill a BB with single TB squad and DBs)

and they reward you little for that

[-FOG-]
Alpha Tester
39 posts
1,438 battles

Air Superiority in this game is kinda worthless, while your team less vulnerable to air attack, both CV lose their damaging ability toward ships quite much (You can't kill a BB with single TB squad and DBs)

and they reward you little for that

Agree tat they should reward cv based on planes taken down and also taking into account of the damage done by bombers

Sign in to follow this