Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

MvR KiLlEd Me In A mInUtE

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,553
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,778 posts
28,377 battles

in this case, it' was more the enemy CV being shit..

their MVR was either terrible or had terrible RNG with his DB, MVR's torps do jack shit anyways since their alpha is so bad, you'd use them when you want to conserve your torps or want to go after cruisers. and the fact he launched rockets to finish you off makes me think he doesn't really know what he's doing

 

 

still, you did do a pretty good job making him take longer to turn in for a well placed drop, so kudos there

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,617
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,007 posts
13,646 battles
6 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

in this case, it' was more the enemy CV being shit..

their MVR was either terrible or had terrible RNG with his DB, MVR's torps do jack shit anyways since their alpha is so bad, you'd use them when you want to conserve your torps or want to go after cruisers. and the fact he launched rockets to finish you off makes me think he doesn't really know what he's doing

 

 

still, you did do a pretty good job making him take longer to turn in for a well placed drop, so kudos there

That's what I thought too.

However the last time someone (or actually 2 players) painted MVR to be like a god-tier CV,  they made it sound like there is no real counterplay they can do. The most recent one complained about his Yamato's weak AA which allowed the MvR dealt 61k damage in a minute. Hence the thread title..

Thanks. I only did  what I would hate to see if I were playing the CV. Granted, it was a steamroll game (only Kansas died). But the point is to show there is no way a CV can sink a BB in a minute. Even a lone Musashi can survive MvR's attacks for quite a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
188 posts
636 battles

I actually download the replay just to see it from 3rd person view. But dang you didn't run away instantly when the flank got rushed (as most BB players do).

And what the frick is that AA? MvR harassed you for 3 minutes, but your AA only shot down 3 planes. And that's with O key being used.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those zig-zag maneuvers were to make sure the AP bombers to not nail your ship perfectly.

Nonetheless, it's a good match. And you actually topped the leaderboard, that's impressive for a loner that didn't even request support for the whole match. Was that intentional?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,617
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,007 posts
13,646 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

I actually download the replay just to see it from 3rd person view. But dang you didn't run away instantly when the flank got rushed (as most BB players do).

And what the frick is that AA? MvR harassed you for 3 minutes, but your AA only shot down 3 planes. And that's with O key being used.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those zig-zag maneuvers were to make sure the AP bombers to not nail your ship perfectly.

Nonetheless, it's a good match. And you actually topped the leaderboard, that's impressive for a loner that didn't even request support for the whole match. Was that intentional?

Now that you've said it. I suppose I should have used the 3rd person view to demonstrate it better.

What AA? We only had a guy armed with a handgun as our AA:Smile_trollface:

Yes indeed.

Maybe.... the Hipper-Cleve lover knows how often I talk with the teammates. But it was a complete steamroll, so I didn't feel like I had to request for any support.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
701
[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,874 posts
14,420 battles

looks like someone loved you early game that suicided either C2 or D2 and no one focus fire xD

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[5DN1L]
Member
152 posts

Hey don't take this offensively but I was alone like you.You slowed down your death for some minutes,I was killed in 1 minute.Ultimately you died.So what made the difference.

Just asking curiously as a new inexperienced player(Please don't take it as a cv hate).

Edited by PATHAK12345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
192 posts
4,428 battles
5 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Hey don't take this offensively but I was alone like you.You slowed down your death for some minutes,I was killed in 1 minute.Ultimately you died.So what made the difference.

Just asking curiously as a new inexperienced player(Please don't take it as a cv hate).

They survived for nearly 3 minutes longer, meaning he was almost able to pull off 6 more salvos. Those extra shells fired mean extra damage, more contribution to the team, and even the capability to change the very course of the game with a lucky devstrike.

You must maximize your survival time, but you must also know how to read a situation and push, even if it means you die. It is not good if you:

1) Maximize survival and contribute nothing to your team.
2) Push recklessly, die, and contribute nothing to your team.

See a pattern? Try not to contribute nothing to your team.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[MALD]
Member
711 posts
3,907 battles
9 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Maybe.... the Hipper-Cleve lover knows how often I talk with the teammates. But it was a complete steamroll, so I didn't feel like I had to request for any support.

You summoned thee, so i came. Yes you rarely talks, but at least you understood div play and i appreciate that :Smile_honoring:

10 hours ago, Admiral_Helena said:

And what the frick is that AA? MvR harassed you for 3 minutes, but your AA only shot down 3 planes. And that's with O key being used.

Musashi don't have AA (and arguably worse akkuracy) which is why she's Tier 9 as opposed to 10.

6 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Hey don't take this offensively but I was alone like you.You slowed down your death for some minutes,I was killed in 1 minute.Ultimately you died.So what made the difference.

Just asking curiously as a new inexperienced player(Please don't take it as a cv hate).

It's usually about not being focused down and providing overlapping firepower. Try to be with teammates when you try to exploit crossfire or tanking.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
786
[BLESS]
Member
1,445 posts
12,740 battles

Yesterday I watched MvR nuke a DesMemes for 80% of his hp in one strike, sinking him on the follow-up.

That's just nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
188 posts
636 battles
11 hours ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Hey don't take this offensively but I was alone like you.You slowed down your death for some minutes,I was killed in 1 minute.Ultimately you died.So what made the difference.

Just asking curiously as a new inexperienced player(Please don't take it as a cv hate).

You missed his point, a lot.

  1. He proves there is no way MvR can kill Yamato in 1 minute. Yes he did not play Yamato. But according to some folks here, he played something far worse than Yamato.
  2. You claimed Yamato's AA is very weak, and that's how you get killed instantly. However he lasted over 3 minutes before he gets killed, and he did not even get any AA support. Last but not least, his AA is much weaker than Yamato's. 3 minutes, but only 3 plane kills. And those planes were German planes.
  3. He survived that long all alone mainly because instead of camping/not moving at all, he keeps moving around that area just to make sure the MvR failed to get perfect drop on him. And he did that while scaring the enemies from leaking through that flank.
  4. Yes he eventually got killed by the MvR. But not before his team steamrolled the other flank. Even the scoreboard shows that he contributed a lot despite all odds. His shot to Des Moines was terrible, but that shot forced the Des Moines to take more damage from the others' shots. His first shot to the Chapayev was screwed by RNG, but he managed to sink the Chapayev. He also scared off the Vanguard right before the MvR killed him.
  5. This one is shown only from the replay file. Before the MvR harassed him, he was fending off Georgia & Izumo. This allowed the somewhat useless Brindisi to run away without getting killed. He failed to help the Kansas, but that's Kansas being a very slow ship So your claim about Yamato being very vulnerable for mid range combat is a lie.
    5 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

    Musashi don't have AA (and arguably worse akkuracy) which is why she's Tier 9 as opposed to 10.

    Yeah that accuracy is gross. His first shot on the Chapayev went over that ship although he aimed low enough to hit the citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×