You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drakon233

a beginner's guide to why you're being trashtalked on the forums

37 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,778 posts
28,328 battles

so OP, if you're reading this then it means that someone has linked this thread beneath whatever post you've made, and you're getting bashed hard in it. Perhaps you don't understand why you are being bashed and you think that you have a very valid argument and you feel angry/sad/the people arguing with you are idiots, and that's not going to help your position in the slightest, so for once in my 6k+ shitposting career on this forum alone, going to be nice and sit down to tell you exactly a couple of very common reasons that new guys her get bashed by the regular forumers for.

1: you came here angry and ranting 

first of all, coming into the forums with an angry rant when you still have a red haze in your head is never a good idea, you are already setting the tone of the conversation of the whole thread to be very angry and combative. People respond will respond negatively to your thread for either the content or just the tone, which they have every right to do since this is a place to share opinions.  

Now if you respond nicely and on point with you might get away with it, however, the vast majority of the time these OPs will respond with insults or mockery to the negative replies, at which point you lose level of basic respect that the rest of the forum might have for new members, and it's open season with mocking and shit-talking aimed at your direction till either you leave in disgust/shame/self-pity or a mod locks the thread

don't be that OP, keep a level head and the thread on topic, getting pissed and throwing insults and accusations wont help

2: you made a new "brilliant Discovery" about how something is broken/OP/needs a buff in-game and want to tell everyone

Yes, maybe, but no, most likely not.

if you don't have PR in the ship you are complaining about that's at the very least "very good" then there's a VERY high chance that it's not "new" it's not "brilliant" and it's most definitely not a "discovery".

if you got killed by something instantly/by something you think you couldn't counter/a CV then i'd say in a good 80% of the case you were misplaying/mispositioning/straight up feeding, you can have your opinions on whatever you like, but no one here is obligated to agree or comfort you, especially when we see XXX OP/UP yada yada" on a weekly basis. Again, if you aren't at least a above average player then remember that there are plenty of people here who are better than you in whatever you're complaining about (no, having a lot of battles or having played a ship once does not make you a good player in it), if people are comparing opinions then they will listen to the people who are better at the game, which isn't you. 

if you get angry because if that, refer to point one and expect your post to have shit hit the fan

3: 

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,778 posts
28,328 battles

aww [content removed]  i posted it by mistake, I'll finish this later tonight 

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,130 posts
23,608 battles

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of...

DRAKON MAKES FUN OF YOU WHILE PRETENDING TO HELP YOU!

😄

• Funny 8

[-CAT-]
3,361 posts
13,457 battles
9 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of...

DRAKON MAKES FUN OF YOU WHILE PRETENDING TO HELP YOU!

😄

got.thumb.jpg.63feddda93cce3f8174bf0f92f68384a.jpg

:Smile_hiding:

• Haha 1

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles

Post were stoped midway, apparently Drakon detonated mid-typing

Edited by humusz
  • Funny 9
  • Haha 1

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,872 posts
14,420 battles

1299266564_hqdefault(3).jpg.37168db98f33e956a1a6d6eb5abbd312.jpg

[LBAS]
2,055 posts
3,737 battles
4 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

that is why forum or social media exist, we go for anger and wrath

4 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

don't be that OP, keep a level head and the thread on topic, getting pissed and throwing insults and accusations wont help

2: you made a new "brilliant Discovery" about how something is broken/OP/needs a buff in-game and want to tell everyone

this one have a point

_____________________________________________________________-------------

i think sometimes we need to encourage something like this. without chaos forum will be to boring and everyone being civil is disastrous.

remember back in 2018? forum is too civil, no one complain about WG because they did the right thing. but after 2019, WG realize the amount of anger and hatred is reduced significantly.

it didnt appel Khorne the blood god. so drastic measure is needed, CV Rework + Submarine + PR Fiasco Etc in 2019.

forget what i said above

what i mean is, if forum didnt go on fire.... or no one complain...... WG will think everything is fine and acceptable by player.

thus we have 2019 after 2018 is too civil and fine.....

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,674 posts
5,737 battles
11 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of labels.

Here, I believe this one belongs to you, it must have fallen off.

[SEARN]
1,076 posts
17,396 battles
9 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Drakon. The Hero we deserve.

Neufert . The hero we get.

1536791636_boratgreatsuccess.thumb.png.33e6c6aa323eadd0d0f6f4ec1e158494.png

[NCOTS]
498 posts
12,505 battles
8 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

Neufert . The hero we get

Seems like everyone miss him XD

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,881 battles
25 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

Seems like everyone miss him XD

Met Neufert one game, he's in a CV (Saipan i think?) And oh boy. 

He get roasted by his own team.

• Funny 2

[REPOI]
296 posts
13,808 battles

Neufert1's legacy has been passed on.

Back on topic, this thread should be linked to new forum members before they do decide to make it a post NGL.
I believe we can agree new forum posts from new members are always rants/cries. Most being apples, oranges and lemons.

5,642 posts
9,410 battles
21 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

I believe we can agree new forum posts from new members are always rants/cries. Most being apples, oranges and lemons.

I feel attacked.

188 posts
636 battles
1 hour ago, HoChunHao said:

Objection. I identify myself as a baguette.

I'm still incredibly salty abut the overmatch gimmick though

[5DN1L]
151 posts
766 battles

Thank you for advice but Atleast look at the screenshot.it was my next match.A single conqueror did this and i think Thundrer is more powerful than it.Every next salvo was a fire.Used DCP for 3 fires then after cooldown next salvo  2 more fires.I was broadside for quite some time but not even a single shell of AP exploded me.I cannnot fight cv but i can fight another bb for sure in my yamato.He just angled while running away and every salvo was 10k on me.This is my reason for back sniping and passive gameplay.

HE is for  low damaging ships not for 457mm.WG has done something above required.Its according to my opinion.756375145_WorldofWarships11_7_20208_37_49PM.thumb.png.52ca8032d0606939ec90d8adae8465c2.png

How can i push against something like this.Your advice will be acknowledeged.Please don't say going dark because you cannot remain dark for a whole game,constant spotting overhead,but he didn't care at all,every salvo was min. 10k even when angeled+fire.Also he was sniping from 24 km just like my previous match so teammates couldn't kill him.

AM I WRONG THIS TIME ALSO?I JUST  SUGGESTED SOMETHING TO IMPROVE,REST YOU PEOPLE ARE MORE EXPERIENCED THAN ME.MAKE FUN OF SOMEBODY WHO SUGGEST SOMETHING.

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,881 battles
7 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

Thank you for advice but Atleast look at the screenshot.it was my next match.A single conqueror did this and i think Thundrer is more powerful than it.Every next salvo was a fire.Used DCP for 3 fires then after cooldown next salvo  2 more fires.I was broadside for quite some time but not even a single shell of AP exploded me.I cannnot fight cv but i can fight another bb for sure in my yamato.He just angled while running away and every salvo was 10k on me.This is my reason for back sniping and passive gameplay.

HE is for  low damaging ships not for 457mm.WG has done something above required.Its according to my opinion.756375145_WorldofWarships11_7_20208_37_49PM.thumb.png.52ca8032d0606939ec90d8adae8465c2.png

How can i push against something like this.Your advice will be acknowledeged.Please don't say going dark because you cannot remain dark for a whole game,constant spotting overhead,but he didn't care at all,every salvo was min. 10k even when angeled+fire.Also he was sniping from 24 km just like my previous match so teammates couldn't kill him.

AM I WRONG THIS TIME ALSO?I JUST  SUGGESTED SOMETHING TO IMPROVE,REST YOU PEOPLE ARE MORE EXPERIENCED THAN ME.MAKE FUN OF SOMEBODY WHO SUGGEST SOMETHING.

Did Drakon's advice went right over your head (like CV kek) since you still post this thing?

[NCOTS]
498 posts
12,505 battles
58 minutes ago, PATHAK12345 said:

I JUST  SUGGESTED SOMETHING TO IMPROVE,REST YOU PEOPLE ARE MORE EXPERIENCED THAN ME.MAKE FUN OF SOMEBODY WHO SUGGEST SOMETHING.

I thought you calmed down a bit already :cap_old:

Just...get yourself a soothing drink, like a chamomile tea (or maybe a bubble tea lol). Watch what drakon has said, and watch the analysis people gave you in the earlier post. You aren't suggesting anything, instead you are purely ranting. Now people do agree with the UK BB part, but what attracts the most attention is your ignorance on how CV works. And your response to some of them is 100% laughable, low level insults were even thrown from you. It seems like you are in a cycle of rage and calm, just like Neufert (oh boy it brought back memories)🤣 In the end, it seems like you didn't take in the advices. Welp

Let me be clear, although I can't represent everyone who responded to you, but at least this is what I saw: 1. people did not make fun of you, the "part" only came when your ignorance is full on effect 2. you did not suggest anything, you only want to remove things you don't know how to deal with, now there are more than 100+ replies there, surely there are something you can take note of. So, use your hand to jot down the notes, not typing ignorant statements