You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IronWolf1986

I don;t like the new gun sounds

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1 post
3,085 battles

Indeed, the lower tier USN cruiser weapons sound like rifle fire, a far cry from the meaty, pants-filling sounds of the previous builds. Mid-tier aren't much better, either.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Last build's sound was crap. Seriously, it was generic, anemic explosion sounds.

This current build's sound is much, much better and more realistic. It doesn't have that explosive sound, but hey, reality is unrealistic.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The sound is quite disturbing, but not as disturbing as Fighter and dive bomber squad voice which come from left and right respectively

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Sounds like someone with a semi-auto shotgun... =/ more of a 'crack' than a 'boom'.

Really sharp "Crack" is exactly what guns sound like when they fire.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

The new gun sounds have more variation and the crack.

Edited by ExESGO

Alpha Tester
20 posts
1,210 battles

Really sharp "Crack" is exactly what guns sound like when they fire.

Depends on the gun, 303 has a more 'boom' sound to it compared to a 308 which 'cracks', supersonic and all that.

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,024 battles

the old sounds were so bad, generic gun sounds, real  high cal guns made those crack sounds as the round they fired broke the sound barrier.

The AA sounds are yet to be desired, same with fighters.

Personally I love the new sinking animations and cant wait when they introduce magazine explosion sounds and effects.

If one of those battleship magazines detonated the explosion radius would be anywhere up to a 100 meters in all directions, which in-turn would cripple any ship in the blast radius.

Edited by Tarrell

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,024 battles

Depends on the gun, 303 has a more 'boom' sound to it compared to a 308 which 'cracks', supersonic and all that.

Yeah I noticed that, my mates 303 is a boom (old lee engfield), and my other mates 223 is a crack, I actually prefer that rifle, put is rounds through 10mil steel, round tore through the ground upto 5 meters behinde the target.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Indeed, the lower tier USN cruiser weapons sound like rifle fire, a far cry from the meaty, pants-filling sounds of the previous builds. Mid-tier aren't much better, either.

The new gun sounds are a lot closer to real life than the old ones, and in my opinion are much better than the older sounds even if you're not looking at it from a realism perspective.

Beta Tester
65 posts
397 battles

I enjoy the new sounds as well. I suppose someone is gonna come up with a mod to change sounds soon.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I enjoy the new sounds as well. I suppose someone is gonna come up with a mod to change sounds soon.

It needs to happen \o\ \o/ /o/

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

I like the new gun sounds as well. You can distinctively tell the difference between the old battleships (who have guns built in 1900's -early 1910s to the ships built in the 1940s which had better gun technology.)

And the guns are effectively giant rifles...

Edited by iLordShade

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

BRING BACK THE LAZORS FROM THE SPACE EVENT :izmena:

But seriously, the new audio is definatley way better than the previous. The new torp sounds are also nice

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

As long as its not the ear-raping TOS phasers.

Nah, although the Defiant's pulse phasers would be great as AA guns :x

(And also ear breaking at full volume)