Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Metal_illness

Belfast 43

17 comments in this topic

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,674 posts
5,737 battles

In store now.

According to CC comparisons its almost the same as OG Belfast but has HE, torpedoes and the smoke doesn't allow you to sit in it and spam said HE, shame.

It will also be combatting tier 10s an awful lot, and this includes tier 10 cv planes.

Is it up to the challenge, and are you getting it?.

It certainly looks the goods.

[BLESS]
1,438 posts
12,693 battles

Overall I think WG did a good job balancing the ship this time around. Lessons learned amirite? For one, it's Tier 8. For another, the smoke is massively less useful than on the OG, and on RN CL generally, and I believe you only get 2 charges.

Exactly How effective the ship will be depends very much on the fine parameters like smoke firing penalties, radar duration and cool down and charges, AA performance, fire chance, etc. Just remember the radar* and HE has to be paid for somehow, vs. Edinburgh.

Some people will run out and buy it because - Belfast. If you are more concerned about how good or how fun the ship is to play, I'd wait until the reviews. As always with new ships, the good points are overhyped at launch, the downsides come to light later.]

*Edinburgh can equip radar of course, if you feel suicidal.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,674 posts
5,737 battles

No mention of Belfast 43 having the 8kms detectability when firing in smoke penalty that Anchorage horrendously has.

You can always park your Belfast 43 in a teammates smoke you see.

Asking for a friend.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,130 posts
23,608 battles
46 minutes ago, CarvinMarvin said:

I personally need a CL trainer for my RN Captains. And that's my excuse.

2020-11-06.png

You will find no judgement here 😄

• Cool 1

[TF44]
207 posts
1,871 battles
17 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

You will find no judgement here 😄

You are my inspiration. :cap_like:

• Thanks 1

[TF44]
207 posts
1,871 battles
26 minutes ago, Mudpheart said:

No mention of Belfast 43 having the 8kms detectability when firing in smoke penalty that Anchorage horrendously has.

You can always park your Belfast 43 in a teammates smoke you see.

Asking for a friend.

1530166694_2020-11-06(1).png.f1801e7fd5dcab81eb57977eaeea9ad8.png

That's is with Concealment Expert. But thanks for mentioning it because I've just realised I hadn't put any modules on.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles

It is balanced, which therefore makes it nothing special in an already crowded T8 field.  Anyone hesitating to get it, continue hesitating because they are indeed other options. T7 on the other hand is a different story since she had gifts that made her superior to her peers.

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,872 posts
14,420 battles

beldance.thumb.gif.a1c758f15b39a6a6969d3ca4e1f8ed02.gif

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,674 posts
5,737 battles

The Belfast 43 poll which has replies disabled, is quite telling so far.

100% of votes for boredfast. 9/9 voters.

188 posts
636 battles

Is it really a good trainer for RN CL though?

A friend of mine said Belfast required IFHE to work, and most RN CL don't have HE. And that means you are stuck with a captain that wastes 4 skill points that could have been used on anything else until you redistribute the skill points.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,002 posts
13,619 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

A friend of mine said Belfast required IFHE to work, and most RN CL don't have HE. And that means you are stuck with a captain that wastes 4 skill points that could have been used on anything else until you redistribute the skill points.

It works to train Jutland & Daring's captains. Because those DDs actually need IFHE to make their HE works against DDs.

[MALD]
443 posts
36,132 battles
20 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

It works to train Jutland & Daring's captains. Because those DDs actually need IFHE to make their HE works against DDs.

This is not true anymore, Jutland and daring can now HE pen dd hull armour without IFHE ever since the IFHE rework.

Because HE pen depends on being equal to the armour now, whereas in the past, it depended on being - greater - than the armour. Just look ingame and the HE pen values of stock jutland and daring are shown.

[TF44]
207 posts
1,871 battles
On 11/8/2020 at 3:27 PM, Admiral_Helena said:

Well it does only have a 10-point captain. And I'd much rather the concealment than the IFHE skill. Then it's really a matter of avoiding the Demolition Expert skill, but you really want the extra radar and smoke I think so Superintendent. 

Edited by CarvinMarvin
  • Cool 1

Administrator, WG Staff
298 posts

Hey guys! I am stoked to hear that you guys are hyped up for the ship. I know for me, I was excited about the history of the ship and my connection to her namesake. I love Belfast, and I have a lot of really great friends there.

Sign in to follow this