You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AALG

Blue Line abuse replay collection thread

215 comments in this topic

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Having noticed that on a couple of maps, it has become more abundant with the blue line abuse of the game mechanics ("Sidecrawling" down the border with half your ship over the map border).
I spoke with the devs about it earlier, and they have some plans to prevent this abuse of the game mechanics. 
I've been asked to collect some replays displaying this, after patch 0.3.1 has come online, in order to get the issue up-prioritized on the current roadmap of development.
If you have battles where this happens (most often on North and Ocean maps), please upload them to a file host, and provide the link to the replay here in this thread.
The thread is not for discussing the issue, it is solely for providing the replays, and will be closed when enough replays has been collected.

/AALG

Moderation team, WoWS Asia

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

whats sidecrawling, and how is it beneficial to the one doing it? hmm?

also will screenshots suffice?

"Sidecrawling" = Half of your ship is on the other side of the blue line indicating the map border, and makes you travel along the map border in the direction of the bow of your ship.

Makes it hard to aim at you, and most of the volleys will overshoot, even if you aim correctly. Anything hit on the wrong side of the border is disregarded.

Considered an abuse of the game mechanics. Not being sanctioned (Beta), but going to be fixed so its preventable.

Screenshots will not suffice, otherwise it would have been stated in the original post.

Edited by AALG

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles

Some people use BB to sidecrawling on the blue line corner.

Even some CV's in Big Race went to far left mountain corner that has hidden spot which is located to Blue lines as well.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

The thread is not for discussing the issue, it is solely for providing the replays, and will be closed when enough replays has been collected.

/AALG

Moderation team, WoWS Asia

Read the OP folks......

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

And yet another one....

So far I'm seeing more CV doing it then BB, and they are using the mechanic to avoid torps/gunfire:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VNz5ZkxEqCaXFPQ05SVnYyTkk/view?usp=sharing

Super Tester
460 posts
4,151 battles

Enemy Essex at the end of the game.

And in 13:30,he sent Bomber to the left outside blue line and I couldn't attack them,I think maybe the chat box prevent me because the bottom and right side I still could attack his aircrafts.Is it considered a bug? :hiding:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8AM9kaPpNwaTm1rNTQxRWhyZ0E/view?usp=sharing