You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LawrenceXVIII

Vittorio Veneto Model Rant about Lazy Lesta's Copy-pasta Roma Model

27 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

Inspired to borrow this post.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/141457-lesta-should-fix-a-couple-of-major-mistakes-in-vittorio-venetos-model-yet-another-roma-copy-paste/

I want to rant something regarding a Tier VIII Littorio Battleship 3d Model Issues.

I mean have you seen Roma and Vittorio Veneto's lookalike?? Lesta sure are lazy as hell they third the charm copy the Tier 8 Italian Premium Battleship Roma for Vittorio Veneto.

504837068_LittorioClassPONTI.jpg.e4d5fc2214750172_VVLittorioRangefinders.jpg.d44245872018_DifferenzeTelemetriClasseLitto

The Front Bow man... AL Littorio should LOOKED like this. Roma is higher.

1967835302_LittorioVenetoRoma.png.f0d21f1815195244_PROFILOPRUALITTORIO.png.de420

While Lesta's can Painstakingly Model the " What if " Russian Battleship, They effortlessly reskinned Vittorio Veneto like nothing really cared about.

I do not support the " What if " kind of hull thing regardless of Hull A or B but this represents not only Bullshit No-Effort to Italian Battleship Model, It represents " Historical Inaccuracies " ! That's Absurd!

I don't really remember that Lesta can painstakingly make Transformers Model and Bismarck Gothic Model Camo, So why not Italian Battleship Littorio Then???

LESTA's Made Tier 8 Vittorio Veneto :

phpbIGfop.jpg?resize=1024,576&ssl=1

My Roma :                                                                                                                                                                                                                            SPOT THE DIFFERENCE.

shot-20_10.31_19_05.22-0890.thumb.jpg.43e5db587cbf7d3fb7c019d65b0da597.jpg

Difference's between Littorio and Roma

607000229_DifferenzeLittorioClass.thumb.

CONCLUSION :

I am a Die-hard fan of Regia Marina ships because not only they're beautiful sharp looking Ship, they're the 3rd Largest Navy in the world. I mean Did you guys not see how strikingly beautiful the Red/White Stripe decal and some nice sharp camo.

My favorite battleship is Andrea Doria.

But weegee is something they had lots of russian paper ships more than just the other nation just because they're uhh Belarusian/Russian to access some fake bote.

Another Post Reddit about Detail List of Real and Fakegay ships :

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,859 battles

Even if it is indeed lazy to copy paste and make small changes, is this a big issue? Will this impact the ships performance in-game? Its characteristics other than the small non existent few that goes full pepega when models doesnt match historical accuracy? Gotta give the art team a break as this is what WG has going for the. From what I see, this is just some nickpicking to be honest. Even if this nickpicking is indeed valid for not being accurate, ask yourself, does it impact the battle? The performance of the ship? Unlikely if not at all other than players who just go REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this ship is unplayable because it is not historically accurate.

Take a look at Roma and AL Littorio, skin over, take a look at Soyuz and AL Soyuz, just a skin. But each have their own twist.
What we should actually be focussing on is the actual current state of the game and gameplay. This should be the focus. Class VS Class interraction, balancing etc, this are the stuff we should be focussed on.

Anyways, thanks for pointing it out. Surely does make a impact.

• Cool 6

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
19 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

0 : Even if it is indeed lazy to copy paste and make small changes, is this a big issue? Will this impact the ships performance in-game? Its characteristics other than the small non existent few that goes full pepega when models doesnt match historical accuracy?

1 : Gotta give the art team a break as this is what WG has going for them.

2 : Take a look at Roma and AL Littorio, skin over, take a look at Soyuz and AL Soyuz, just a skin. But each have their own twist.

3 : What we should actually be focussing on is the actual current state of the game and gameplay. This should be the focus. Class VS Class interraction, balancing etc, this are the stuff we should be focussed on.

4 : Anyways, thanks for pointing it out. Surely does make a impact.

5 : REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this ship is unplayable because it is not historically accurate.

I agree Ho, However...

0:

No it don't affect performance in-game however.

To some yes and no. This represents full maximum pepega Inaccuracies to some people who had strong knowledge about Regia Marina ships. We don't really care if its an Arcadey Game or not you do NOT mismodel those kind of ship when Real life sailors served and died in battle in their said ship.

1:

They can make Bismarck and Tirpitz a slight model change and They can make nice camo for Gothic Bismarck , Transformers and some Mad Max Camo but they can't even tried to make Italian ship an effort for. Vittorio Veneto is one thing i can't ignore. This V.Veneto hull right now i am looking at is another of the " What if i can turned into a Roma ". Weegee really puts up its ass on lesta's low budget.

2:

I don't mind their twist but its still a reskinned copy-paste regardless . It's just Marketing Strategy for us weirdos to simp upon those . And i kinda don't care if the whales gonna buy it or not, at least make an effort of small changes.

3:

I don't think they really want to care about, have you not know about their past like Puerto Rico Incident?

I even occasionally rant at my clan mates that they should make more Scenario and therefore bring back the Cherry Blossom , The Ultimate Front , Hermes and Dynamo.. It ain't coming back anyway due to some.. PVP-in-favor. 

4:

You are welcome Ho for your opinion.

I am here to support Regia Marina ships because i know they're the RL third largest Navy IRL.

Straight Answer : I just want them to have at least minor change the Model and repair all those Gameplay for Both Newbies/Potatoes and Professional Pepega Players.

5:

P.S , trust me , some really triggered but I am kinda disappointed their third's the charm model Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
  • Cool 6

[LBAS]
5,308 posts
11,973 battles

How many of your turrets are?

Same type but separated

shot-20.10.29_20.03.27-0477.jpg

shot-20.10.29_20.03.45-0678.jpg

• Funny 2

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
14 hours ago, THAI_THIEF said:

- Snips -

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
Snip off

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,859 battles
12 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Btw Where did you get that mod for you to preview Italian botes?

image.thumb.png.5ddca08c1e5626feb5e895916fc2044d.png

• Thanks 1

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
14 hours ago, HoChunHao said:

- Snips -

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[151ST]
3,539 posts
11,931 battles

I'm with @LawrenceXVIII, this is simply lazy.

Sure art department is probably getting smashed but let's not excuse this.

Communication and honesty is needed.

A simple 'we realise this isn't the correct model, this is a placeholder for testing purposes - we intend to have the correct model when the line is released'.

Or even 'as soon as we can'.

There would be some grumbling but between Covid and the content schedule we've had, it's completely understandable.

As usual WG is opaque, secretive and fails to communicate well, instead trying to sneak another one through.

Let's not forget, this is one of many issues in this area... Need I mention ARP Maya? AL Littorio?

etc etc..

• Cool 6

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

As a Regia Marina Fan,

I do however at least i praise you put an effort on ,

Dante Alighieri IV , Conte Di Cavour V ( Dreadnought like Battleship ) , Andrea Doria VI ( At least its not a Copy paste Giulio Cesare or else im pissed ) and Francesco Caracciolo VII ( at least its not real but its something ) .

But come on man, fix that model on the Vittorio Veneto, you can make the lower to mid tiers but not THAT?!!

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles
44 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Let's not forget, this is one of many issues in this area... Need I mention ARP Maya? AL Littorio?

etc etc..

7 Myokoes

5 Kongoes

4 Atagoes

moar cop. . .cop. . .py   paste. . .paste. . .pasta

• Funny 2

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
2 minutes ago, Manacetamol said:

7 Myokoes

5 Kongoes

4 Atagoes

moar cop. . .cop. . .py   paste. . .paste. . .pasta

I find carnival da yo disturbing.

• Funny 2

5,677 posts
9,487 battles

While I can neither relate nor sympathize with this, I say WG should and must get it right. Doing this to a real ship is just disrespectful.

I mean, they effed up ARP Maya, a ship that went through a major reconstruction to take on a whole different role and purpose, so...

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 3

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
11 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

While I can neither relate nor sympathize with this, I say WG should and must get it right. Doing this is just disrespectful.

WG Should both Repair the Gameplay/Mechanics and Balancing and at the same time, fix the Vittorio Veneto Model. I do not want to hear the excuse of Covid19 when you can somehow make such Camo like Gothic Bismarck and others.

• Cool 4

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

I almost forgot guys.

unknown.png

Its Disgusting and Disrespectful to someones fallen sailor's .

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
  • Cool 4

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,929 battles

Out of all the differences between real and in-game representation, this one is more on the "A bit misleading but nonetheless not detrimental"

Let me raise a better issue to worry about:

Admiral Hipper and Prinz Eugen (and by extension, Mainz) has different armored deck or "turtleback" thickness.

Supposedly, the class have either 30 mm or 50 mm, depending on source, with the former being the most likely threshold.

v8DDzVA.png

imhW69V.png

Meanwhile, in-game values showed the following:

134345669_Screenshot(1174).thumb.png.42ee62fb2a25c4feebda9eba8b01105a.png

1212058346_Screenshot(1175).thumb.png.4c0d95c7ffec3c40405ccc821848907d.png

2032760672_Screenshot(1176).thumb.png.861d3dd193e140299f0766b8102b7f03.png

Admiral Hipper has the arguably correct 30 mm thickness, while Prinz Eugen and Mainz shows 40 mm somehow.

Why does this matter, Mr. Earl? It's just 10 mm difference, no real implications right?

Wrong

The differing thickness means that Admiral Hipper's armored deck can be overmatched by caliber of at least 431 mm (Republique) at any range, while Prinz Eugen and Mainz's cannot at closer range. Not only that, this makes the former technically weaker, for a cruiser that does not have heal, raw DPM, and rely not being citadeled during a close-quarters battle courtesy of the turtleback. Supposedly, all members of the class shares the same armor values as her even when Prinz Eugen is technically a sub-class due to some minor modification. 

Admiral Hipper, while serviceable in her own right, does suffer due to her extraordinarily large superstructure which caught full penetration most of the time, and thus to mitigate damage practically against battleships during close quarters (other than dodging) is to broadside and let the turtleback deflect shots from the citadel upwards and outside the ship (also applies to her sisters) for overpenetrations, however this difference of value led her to be more limited in choice as she can still be citadeled this way, while her sisters rarely do and has heal in case of Prinz Eugen.

What to do? either nerf Prinz Eugen and Mainz's value to 30 mm and thus a bit more historical, or buff Hipper's to be 40 mm (less ideal choice).

*sidenote: while it could be argued that Admiral Hipper's thinner deck is to compensate the fact that she has a complete bow plating compared to Prinz Eugen, i don't think this is a fair trade, as the latter's bow plating is practically the same when slightly angled, and thus the former's advantage in this is negligible at best.

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
  • Cool 1

5,677 posts
9,487 battles
5 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

unknown.png

I know about this... thing since 2016/2017.

Yes it is kinda true they want tech tree ships to represent the whole class (tech tree Kongo isn't the real Kongo because the superstructure is from Hiei 1945), and it is very unlikely that Veneto will ever receive a remodel, but they did make some fairly inaccurate models for certain premiums (again, ARP Maya), so they still have to make correct models for premium ships in the game. They are still responsible for that.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
3,392 posts
13,561 battles
4 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I almost forgot guys.

unknown.png

Its Disgusting and Disrespectful to someones fallen sailor's .

Not only it is a disgrace to sailors and naval historians, it is also a disgrace to IT professionals / programmers.

Not even IT professionals / programmers would be that lazy if they will copy paste a previous project.

That's just irresponsible and disrespectful to the profession.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
21 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Out of all the differences between real and in-game representation, this one is more on the "A bit misleading but nonetheless not detrimental"

Let me raise a better issue to worry about:

Admiral Hipper and Prinz Eugen (and by extension, Mainz) has different armored deck or "turtleback" thickness.

Supposedly, the class have either 30 mm or 50 mm, depending on source, with the former being the most likely threshold.

v8DDzVA.png

imhW69V.png

Meanwhile, in-game values showed the following:

Admiral Hipper has the arguably correct 30 mm thickness, while Prinz Eugen and Mainz shows 40 mm somehow.

Why does this matter, Mr. Earl? It's just 10 mm difference, no real implications right?

Wrong

The differing thickness means that Admiral Hipper's armored deck can be overmatched by caliber of at least 431 mm (Republique) at any range, while Prinz Eugen and Mainz's cannot at closer range. Not only that, this makes the former technically weaker, for a cruiser that does not have heal, raw DPM, and rely not being citadeled during a close-quarters battle courtesy of the turtleback. Supposedly, all members of the class shares the same armor values as her even when Prinz Eugen is technically a sub-class due to some minor modification. 

Admiral Hipper, while serviceable in her own right, does suffer due to her extraordinarily large superstructure which caught full penetration most of the time, and thus to mitigate damage practically against battleships during close quarters (other than dodging) is to broadside and let the turtleback deflect shots from the citadel upwards and outside the ship (also applies to her sisters) for overpenetrations, however this difference of value led her to be more limited in choice as she can still be citadeled this way, while her sisters rarely do and has heal in case of Prinz Eugen.

What to do? either nerf Prinz Eugen and Mainz's value to 30 mm and thus a bit more historical, or buff Hipper's to be 40 mm (less ideal choice).

*sidenote: while it could be argued that Admiral Hipper's thinner deck is to compensate the fact that she has a complete bow plating compared to Prinz Eugen, i don't think this is a fair trade, as the latter's bow plating is practically the same when slightly angled, and thus the former's advantage in this is negligible at best.

Too Long, Didn't read them all.

While I have limited Knowledge about German Cruiser Scheme, I gotta agree with that.

But still Its not just this wrong , The Other ship in our game as well.

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
1 hour ago, THAI_THIEF said:

No violation about preview mod

Nevermind that.

For now , Imma keep raising awareness about Vittorio Veneto Model Issue.

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

Just so you know guys.. i can list anything attention to detail stuff left and right.