Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

St Louis - range mod or reload mod?

2 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,744 battles

I just bought the ship (T9 French CA). Normally I would always go for the reload mod for my BBs and CAs. However under the current meta where getting close = CV spotted+focus fired = dead early, I feel range is probably more important than DPM.

What do you guys use?

[NCOTS]
500 posts
12,568 battles

Saint Louis's 18.3km range should be enough, if you fit the range mod and bump it to 21.2 km I don't think you can hit anything besides a stationary BB, as the shells are rather floaty. Using the reload mod will instead decrease the reload to a comfortable 9.6 seconds. 

I tried 2 different builds while grinding her, the first one is using the concealment upgrade on the 5th slot and the rudder upgrade on the 4th slot; the second one is using the rudder upgrade 2 on the 5th slot and the propulsion mod on the 4th slot. Feel free to experiment and find the suitable one for you. The first one is the normal build while the second one maximizes her maneuverability and speed juking ability but makes her having a whopping 13km concealment.

I had little success with the first build, but the second one is rather fun since you can bait shots easily by wiggling/juking with speed boost, but the build forces you to stay at the second line as 13km concealment + 6.4km air concealment makes overextending a dead sentence

Edited by rookieFTW

Sign in to follow this