Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

Umm... guys???

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

274
[KAMI]
Member
530 posts
6,381 battles

press tab, theres a interface there showing team members and option to leave your div

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,230
Member
5,692 posts
9,502 battles

I will immediately leave the div and start shootin', because I am that kind of person.

No one is friends in an FFA :Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,623
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,717 battles
25 minutes ago, Verytis said:

press tab, theres a interface there showing team members and option to leave your div

I know that, but I would certainly be killed immediately.

 

22 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I will immediately leave the div and start shootin', because I am that kind of person.

No one is friends in an FFA :Smile_izmena:

Wouldn't they just work together to beat me though?

Funnily enough, all my next matches had everyone fighting each other before we got ported into the octagon. The most I've seen in the octagon were 3 players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,230
Member
5,692 posts
9,502 battles
4 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Wouldn't they just work together to beat me though?

Well, they can try.

I never really back down from a WoWS brawl, even if it's certain doom, especially if it's temporary game mode that people can shoot at each other freely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
324
[NCOTS]
Member
503 posts
12,665 battles

This mode increases my paranoid and distrust against others, I would aim my guns at my div mate the moment when they came slighty closer to me 🤣

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,593 posts
7,974 battles
55 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

This mode increases my paranoid and distrust against others, I would aim my guns at my div mate the moment when they came slighty closer to me 🤣

I had made one run in the event mode which was cut short by the colleague who shares the same dorm with me. Fortunately at the moment I have to abandon the match both of my div mates have managed to capture a key which means at least they would not backstab each other simply for that key.

Despite all the efforts of the respective teams this event seems to be rather unattractive at least for me: you get almost nothing from event battles (though I could understand that this is intended to "cool down" the in game economy), and you are encouraged by the rules to betray your div mates. I feel that I have already been suffering from excessive fear and timidity IRL.

Considering the psychological effects, perhaps it is indeed better to fight as a lone wolf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
324
[NCOTS]
Member
503 posts
12,665 battles
1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Despite all the efforts of the respective teams this event seems to be rather unattractive at least for me: you get almost nothing from event battles (though I could understand that this is intended to "cool down" the in game economy)

The moment I realize that I can't complete daily missions/containers by playing this mode, it became stale for me. The gameplay is rather repetitive & the only incentive that attracts me is that I can try out different loadouts. Though I was very disappoint when I got the AP shells on Valkyrie, the barrel decreases from 12 to 8 & the range decrease to 11km, my anticipation of getting a space Hindenburg was kind of ruined. 

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Considering the psychological effects, perhaps it is indeed better to fight as a lone wolf?

Maybe, since you don't have to worry about sharing keys or battlepoints. But lone wolf is prone to be hunted by divs, most of the time there's no hope in winning a 1V2 or 1V3.

I will div at the start of the game to avoid getting into unnecessary fights, but if there's a key presented, its every man for himself. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,623
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,717 battles
11 hours ago, rookieFTW said:

This mode increases my paranoid and distrust against others, I would aim my guns at my div mate the moment when they came slighty closer to me 🤣

When I got the key, both of my div mates decided to betray me at the same time. I never try to get the key too early since then.

 

10 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

The Makra is strong in this one.

Not strong enough. I could not give compliment to them after the battle The game did not allow me to do it!

 

10 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Despite all the efforts of the respective teams this event seems to be rather unattractive at least for me: you get almost nothing from event battles (though I could understand that this is intended to "cool down" the in game economy), and you are encouraged by the rules to betray your div mates. I feel that I have already been suffering from excessive fear and timidity IRL.

Considering the psychological effects, perhaps it is indeed better to fight as a lone wolf?

.The only reward from this mode is the Battle Point which is the temporary resource to purchase stuffs from the Armory.

However the reward is very few if you fail to get the key. I've got about 500-1000 Battle Points per battle. And that T9 Infernal camo, I might need to do between 300-600 battles.

I'm not really sure if playing as a lone wolf will make it better. I mean in the end, you still have to fight your way out of the octagon, unless you get a pair of chivalrous players like I did in those screenshots in which the only thing you can do is to outlive them

8 hours ago, rookieFTW said:

The moment I realize that I can't complete daily missions/containers by playing this mode, it became stale for me. The gameplay is rather repetitive & the only incentive that attracts me is that I can try out different loadouts. Though I was very disappoint when I got the AP shells on Valkyrie, the barrel decreases from 12 to 8 & the range decrease to 11km, my anticipation of getting a space Hindenburg was kind of ruined. 

Yes that's an issue.

Wait what? That AP loadout literally turns Hindenburg into Hipper.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,289 posts
8,802 battles
5 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

 

Not strong enough. I could not give compliment to them after the battle The game did not allow me to do it!

 

It's a good thing the Makra process is turned off for this mode.

The salt that could flow from the treachery would smash the makra algorithm.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,347
[TLS]
Member
4,857 posts
21,287 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

When I got the key, both of my div mates decided to betray me at the same time. I never try to get the key too early since then.

No point really. They kill you for the key, then what? Duke it among themselves?

If you are in a Valkyrie, all you do is just run and let them chase. Last night I had two people gang up on me for a key. I just ran away from the portal with KITT turboboost (which fat US BBs need). If I can't use it, NOBODY CAN! MWHAHAAHA!

If you die, the thing is you can immediate go into another game. You exit with key, you get into another game. No difference in time waiting. Why bother with all the doublecrossing... wg just said it to incite the players to do exactly that. Did you know that a full div irrespective of how many have keys is much more beneficial?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
324
[NCOTS]
Member
503 posts
12,665 battles
2 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

That AP loadout literally turns Hindenburg into Hipper.

Which is a downgrade, the HE is overall more versatile. I haven't acquire the mortar but the alpha of it seems really high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
274
[KAMI]
Member
530 posts
6,381 battles
17 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

Which is a downgrade, the HE is overall more versatile. I haven't acquire the mortar but the alpha of it seems really high

The AP reload and dmg is better, so the dpm is still higher compared to the HE and you also get occasional citadels. All the ships in this mode have to give a fair broadside to use all their guns.

Its bad against targets that are just trying to run away. So it works best in a div vs div, where you can present multiple threats from multiple angles.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,623
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,717 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

No point really. They kill you for the key, then what? Duke it among themselves?

If you are in a Valkyrie, all you do is just run and let them chase. Last night I had two people gang up on me for a key. I just ran away from the portal with KITT turboboost (which fat US BBs need). If I can't use it, NOBODY CAN! MWHAHAAHA!

If you die, the thing is you can immediate go into another game. You exit with key, you get into another game. No difference in time waiting. Why bother with all the doublecrossing... wg just said it to incite the players to do exactly that. Did you know that a full div irrespective of how many have keys is much more beneficial?

You summed it perfectly. I actually earn more points without taking the key. I mean most people will actually hit the key holders first, and this is the interesting key point: I would let the others take the key first in order to allow me to farm damage with impunity. Once the number of players are low enough, I will just wait until the key is free to take. I actually use the shield on My Valkyrie, so if there are those who block the portal; I could just ram them like a train..:Smile_trollface:

 

1 hour ago, rookieFTW said:

Which is a downgrade, the HE is overall more versatile. I haven't acquire the mortar but the alpha of it seems really high

I think the AP is workable. Most PvP engagement are under 10 km in the half of the match. So the short range is not really a problem imo. The AP also has faster reload. If you take 2 reload buffs, you can easily sink Gale players.

AP secondary however, it is terrible. Due to 4 km range, you can only use it if you manage to get close to the enemies. HE secondary is generally better.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,347
[TLS]
Member
4,857 posts
21,287 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

. I actually use the shield on My Valkyrie, so if there are those who block the portal

I just use turbo boost which is so fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×