You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LittleMing720

Fair game

11 comments in this topic

17 posts
2,710 battles

I am CV main playing in Asia that currently playing other ship types and climbing up from T6 is frustrating, on every ship types.

I wondered that do WG staffs only play with Tier X or there are any other reasons that made MM so annoying.

Also,buff CVs and stop nerfing them.

I can tell that T5 to T8 DDs and T8 CVs are suffering to 'fair' MM.

20201026192842_1.thumb.jpg.03eff7c06098c3f3cbc909ebcf3f85e7.jpg

I was playing with my friends at T5 and Atlanta just ruined the game.

Radar ships are not suitable for low tiers like T5.

Meeting them are frustrating as a DD because of the complete unfair brought by radar.

Increasing T7 radar ship like Altanata ,Beltfast  to T8 and increase their ship data to let them fight as a T8 ship.

T6 to T8 ships have the same problem.

They dont have enough power to counter high tier ships(NOT including  CVs, letting ships to have a counter on CVs is not a suitable reason to nerf CVs)

I once hit Azuma with six torps from Shiratsuyu.

Even Azuma  got two flood, she still got me with help from their CV.

T9 and T10 ship's data should be lower so that low tier ships can have a chance to fight against high tier ships.

20201026113517_1.thumb.jpg.ae6cb7ef79bcfa7973df87f6b5672cfd.jpg

I played as Kansas and met two CVs in one game.

As I was playing Kansas,two CVs are not affecting to me at all (although Shokek killed me by detonation).

Those T6 and T7 ships hurts the most as they will be easily deleted by Parseval.

Their only hope is to stay close to Kansas and Iowa which brought them a bad gaming experience.

20201017155120_1.thumb.jpg.70f93e2ffbddc9bbce4302a415c63018.jpg

This is a stock Parseval.

Every time I got a new CV, I always had to fight T10 ships with a stock CV.

20201025092801_1.thumb.jpg.24cbf151f20a722bd3397e50e103054e.jpg

This is not a stock CV but the only target I can hit with DB is Lion.Other ships will easily destroy my planes or get no effects from my attack.

So I suggest that CVs can only match with '+-1' tier.

For example, T8 CV can only match T9,T8 and T7 ships and the total number of T9 ships and T8 ships should be equal with the number of T7s.

Except T4 battles,there should be only ONE CV each side.

Although 'two CVs'  is rare,but it still happens and changing it shouldnt be hard.

To be honest, nerfing CVs is not a suitable way to balance the game as it change nothing but lower the gaming experience of CV players and in fact,CVs need buffs especially British CVs.

They got slow planes, low number in planes, easily miss carpet bombing,less torps per drop and these factors made British CVs useless.

It's ridiculous that a CV sacrifice their attacking ability of planes to increase its maneuverability of the main ship.

Increasing their plane speed and their resistance to AA may help.

Most of the players claim that CVs are strong.But they are wrong and I am preety sure that they dont play CVs.

Once a CA got hit by Parseval and lost half health as she was not angling.Afterward, he just type that CVs are 'Fxxxing strong' and 'CVs gave no chance for them to dodge'.

And some player would blame their CV for not helping them like finding a Halland or spot for a group of American BBs and CLs.

Look deeper, they just ask a CV to throw the whole squadron for targets they cant kill and that squadron just wasted for nothing.

I hope WG will see this and they can just stop nerfing CVs or start to buff them

[SMOKE]
2,509 posts
18,035 battles

Well WG start with a faulted mechanics which they try to bandaid and in the end no one happy about it, not those playing CV ,and certainly not those playing surface ships. 

Mid and low tier random is grossly ruined by the 2 CV  meta and yeah radar that can meet T5 and of course not help by MM and so many seal clubbing players. Unfortunately a lot of them are on CV

[TLS]
4,858 posts
21,287 battles

The following sentence: "CV rework" broken; it is the "rework" that was not needed yet forced through.

17 posts
2,710 battles
於 2020/10/27 在 AM1點22分,dejiko_nyo 說:

that was not needed yet forced through.

Indeed

CV "change" should be made definitely but "rework" isn't really needed

It just made things worst

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,784 posts
28,571 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleMing720 said:

1.thumb.png.9c58c1282e95fe5d364c5eb2313b2a75.png

The worst MM I had ever seen

it's not that bad, i've seen far far worse, at least you can still go after the azuma and the vladi, and if you split squads maybe some of the BBs as well

17 posts
2,710 battles
1 分鐘前,Drakon233 說:

it's not that bad, i've seen far far worse, at least you can still go after the azuma and the vladi, and if you split squads maybe some of the BBs as well

Those AA ships were spreading so well that I didn't have a chance to attack the azuma and the vladi

[JPX]
34 posts
4,247 battles
On 10/26/2020 at 9:20 PM, LittleMing720 said:

Most of the players claim that CVs are strong.But they are wrong and I am preety sure that they dont play CVs.

I have roughly the same 1,000+ games as you. Yeah, I agree with you on the above opinion.

I am playing IJN CAs mostly (squishy armour, so-so AA), and have been improving my play with higher WR recently.

CVs are not as overly OP as claimed by many, in fact my experience is that my IJN CAs can easily dodge plane attacks, or group with other ships to minimize damage.

Although sometimes CV can inflict up to 50% damage to my CAs HP if I show broadside. But sometimes it's due to choice,, as I have to decide whether to show broadside to the attacking planes or broadside to fleet of enemy T9 or T10 BBs. So in this situation, it's better to show broadside to planes, as BBs can one salvo delete a full HP IJN CA.

Though CV planes detection may be a constant issue.

17 posts
2,710 battles
17 分鐘前,fishbed70 說:

CVs are not as overly OP as claimed by many, in fact my experience is that my IJN CAs can easily dodge plane attacks, or group with other ships to minimize damage.

That's how players should do to dodge plane attacks but those who don't know this method would just simply blame their CVs about not using CAP fighters on them.And they don't even know gthat CAP fighters are useless to the first plane attack and they would still die

Dodging plane attacks  became more simple since the 0.9.7 update as the change of aiming crosshair on attack aircraft

BTW what is "CV planes detection" about?Any details?

[JPX]
34 posts
4,247 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleMing720 said:

BTW what is "CV planes detection" about?Any details?

Oh, what I mean is ships being spotted by enemy planes, thus becoming visible targets by enemy ships.

Not a great problem though, more like feeling it's a constant nuisance if enemy CV planes kept flying towards my ship's direction. But of course, CV has to pay a price too, risks being shot down.

I only played a couple of CV games, infact only 6 random games in a German T6 CV.

In one of a random game, I totally failed to shoot at enemy ships, as my planes are shot down very fast, however I manovuere them. I managed only total 6K damages to enemy ships thruout that game.

Of course I am very inexperienced with playing CV, and in that game I actually felt very bad letting the whole team down. Then I was also harassed after game via chat messages by a team-mate as he blames me for the loss of the game, and he grumbled too many CVs players in Asia Server.

17 posts
2,710 battles
7 分鐘前,fishbed70 說:

Oh, what I mean is ships being spotted by enemy planes, thus becoming visible targets by enemy ships.

Not a great problem though, more like feeling it's a constant nuisance if enemy CV planes kept flying towards my ship's direction. But of course, CV has to pay a price too, risks being shot down.

It don't seems to be a problem as it might increase communication between CVs and BBs.Of course it would be bad to be the one who get shot.

11 分鐘前,fishbed70 說:

I only played a couple of CV games, infact only 6 random games in a German T6 CV.

In one of a random game, I totally failed to shoot at enemy ships, as my planes are shot down very fast, however I manovuere them. I managed only total 6K damages to enemy ships thruout that game.

Of course I am very inexperienced with playing CV, and in that game I actually felt very bad letting the whole team down. Then I was also harassed after game via chat messages by a team-mate as he blames me for the loss of the game, and he grumbled too many CVs players in Asia Server.

I can tell that German CVs are hard to play as I played with T8 CVs in 4 nations.Planes on German CVs need to attack with a perfect angle and they suffer from bad MMs.

Those complains about too many CVs players should be ignored as main purpose of "CV rework" is to increase the no. of CVs players although we don't like the rework.

I suggest watching Toptier's CV videos and they would help improving your CV skills

• Cool 1