Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

Asia Forums Upvote Tabs (getting an upgrade in par with NA forums[?])

21 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles

Did anyone notice that the Asia forum's upvote tab has changed?

image.png.93fe79131327b4b5083194986c87e4e6.png

At the moment, all I can see is the "good" upvote, and the "bad" downvote is not yet implemented (or may not be implemented[?]).

Here is NA's forum version.

image.png.6f04ab06d6324b9eac5521162879cf77.png

EU forums seems to still use the old version.

I do not have access to NA and EU forums so I can only see the upvoted and downvoted in the topic.

Overall, I like the addition of new tabs. It gives flexibility. Especially like the ones used in NA forums.

What do you guys think? :fish_book:

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

[LBAS]
3,379 posts
15,845 battles

Oh yes

Perfect timing to post the Burning Dockyard like last year, give me Haha Reactions

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles

To be honest, all I really us is "funny" and "cool".

"Thanks" will give me more options, considering what I usually reply to.

However, if they give me "WTF" "facepalm" and "eyeroll" and I'll be a very happy captain.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
6 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

However, if they give me "WTF" "facepalm" and "eyeroll" and I'll be a very happy captain.

^ Yes to these please.

• Thanks 1

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
14 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Apparently we can no longer use the "Angry" & "Boring" reaction. Not saying it's a bad thing though.

Wrong. CV haters need to be shown the wrongness of their "facts".

• Funny 1

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
20 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Apparently we can no longer use the "Angry" & "Boring" reaction. Not saying it's a bad thing though.

At the moment, I am not sure if either:

The forum development team is not done yet. And will implement the downvote later.

or

They do not plan to re-implement the downvote at all. (Which I do not agree and want the down vote to be re-implemented.)

Downvotes are kind of necessary

1. If WG has to make a bad decision or bad mechanic in the game, downvoting it would be one way of showing that the community / playerbase disagree with WG and must revert or rework the decision.
    We don't want another repeat of NTC / RB and PR PR fiasco.

2. There will always be those bad actors in the forum or :etc_swear: posters in the forum.

3. There will be new players who will visit the forums for answers, and we don't want to lead them to the wrong path if there is no downvote to that post.
    This helps them make a better decision if they should trust the post or not.

Although I only have given 1 to 3 "boring" vote in my entire forum posts, I still think it is a necessary evil in the forum.

Happy <-> Sad.
Good <-> Bad.
Haha (Funny) <-> Grrr (Angry)

It's a balancing factor in the forum.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,858 posts
21,287 battles

Actually no. There is no point in putting in nasty emotes. Ridiculous comments I just ignore them out of existance. There is no point arguing with 1) illogical people and 2) wg that is determined to push through a ridiculous idea. Experience has shown that both are stupid yet infectious.

• Cool 2

[MRI]
3,792 posts
16,857 battles

Not sure why the downvote emote was removed but eh whatever.

1 hour ago, mademoisail said:

Unsure if anyone else feels this way, but "HAHA" and "Funny" are a bit redundant. 

Indeed. They are more or less the same thing.

8 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Actually the NA forums had a confused/WTF emote. I don't know why we didn't get that one. 

• Cool 2

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
2 hours ago, mademoisail said:

Unsure if anyone else feels this way, but "HAHA" and "Funny" are a bit redundant. 

Yeah 100%.

Also the award symbol is thanks? I'm not a fan of that as a description.

I'll be honest Sail, atm I want the old ones back and a doubling of how many I can award, I ALWAYS run out 😢

Alternatively a Hybrid of new and old...

Scrap 'Haha', rename 'thanks' to 'Award' or 'Medal' or aomething similar and bring back the other old options...

From a graphics perspective 'hah' doesn't match the design of 'funny' and 'cool', or even the old negative ones... (It doesn't have a hat or the same face design). And this is annoying for me.

Sorry but on balance, give me the old system but with an added 'award' emoji.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 2

[LBAS]
5,308 posts
11,978 battles

Only 3 emotions?

Honestly?

Bring back old emotions back too

TepidEnviousChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
2,289 posts
8,802 battles

"You are not a game designer, please don't think that playing a game turns you into one."

An emoji that reflects this statement would be handy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
1 hour ago, AntifoulAwl said:

"You are not a game designer, please don't think that playing a game turns you into one."

An emoji that reflects this statement would be handy.

While I agree with this sentiment at it's core it's one of those universal statements that are not universal and in this day and age they're everywhere...

While that is true, a person who is an avid gamer arguably would know things someone who is a dev without an interest in that type of game would.

Also just because someone isn't a dev doesn't mean their ideas are disqualified...

I'd rather hear everyone's ideas all the time so we find the good ones than create a culture where people are scared to share.

Having said that, the culture really only works when people are good at accepting criticism.

• Thanks 1

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
17 hours ago, mademoisail said:

I need 2 because I use one for "hey this thread/comment is actually entertaining" and the other for "the blatant nonsense (in other words, "stupidity") in this thread/comment made me chuckle".

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Alpha Tester
2,289 posts
8,802 battles
10 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

While I agree with this sentiment at it's core it's one of those universal statements that are not universal and in this day and age they're everywhere...

While that is true, a person who is an avid gamer arguably would know things someone who is a dev without an interest in that type of game would.

Also just because someone isn't a dev doesn't mean their ideas are disqualified...

I'd rather hear everyone's ideas all the time so we find the good ones than create a culture where people are scared to share.

Having said that, the culture really only works when people are good at accepting criticism.

Dammit, they got rid of the 'angry' face that I was going to give this.

• Funny 1

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
8 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Dammit, they got rid of the 'angry' face that I was going to give this.

😮

😢

So mean... ...

Although TBH, I defend your right to get angry at me... In fact I do like a bit of salt, it sustains me...

:Smile_trollface:

Alpha Tester
2,289 posts
8,802 battles
45 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

😮

😢

So mean... ...

Although TBH, I defend your right to get angry at me... In fact I do like a bit of salt, it sustains me...

:Smile_trollface:

This will get your brain revolving...an emoji that means 'froupie talk will not have any influence on me'.

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
1 hour ago, AntifoulAwl said:

This will get your brain revolving...an emoji that means 'froupie talk will not have any influence on me'.

Too complicated an idea, best you could do would be two emojis I reckon... ... A clever graphic designer somewhere may pull it off though.

Froupie is too specific a term and 'no influence' too ambiguous and conceptual, lol

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,497 posts
11,883 battles

Two funny emotes, an upvote, and a thanks emote?  How can I express my distaste at repetitive or terrible posts WG?  The forums are clearly broken now!  :Smile_izmena:

Not that there is too much to put negative emotes on here, I barely ever used them on SEA forums, we're such a personable and pleasant lot.  The NA forums are a very different matter though...

Sign in to follow this