Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bob_391

How to improve latency in China?

7 comments in this topic

[_BOB_]
5 posts
5,638 battles

Hi, I live in PRC and playing here can be a real pain in the neck. Even with the fastest internet connection possible and a VPN sometimes the game is simply unplayable with too high a latency rate. Any suggestions?

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
94 posts
27,410 battles

How high is your ping? Have you tried VPN for gaming?

[_BOB_]
5 posts
5,638 battles
2 minutes ago, SardineFish said:

How high is your ping? Have you tried VPN for gaming?

usually around 30-50, but on weekends and evenings can be well over 150 with spikes of 500-1000. I use Astrill VPN which usually works pretty well. Never heard of a VPN for gaming though.

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
94 posts
27,410 battles

30 to 50 is very good but 1000 is unplayable. I've heard but never used it, perhaps players here who are using VPN for gaming or good VPN in PRC can offer some advise or suggestion?

Edited by SardineFish

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,859 battles

Looks like some sort of saturation where it only happens when there are loads of players playing? Especially from PRC where they would simply load the server during the evenings and weekends.
Well, it is to be expected when playing from China.

If you are having this issue repeatedly and it frustrates you, you are better off taking a break from it and only play when it gets better. Playing the game when you know you are going to get unstable ping which is gonna drive you insane won't do you any good. As if you know cutting yourself hurts but you are going to do it anyways.

Edited by HoChunHao

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles

there's something called 加速器 (booster) that people here use, they are around 10$ a month iirc but they offer more stable connection to a lot of games, go check out the ones that works with wows and see if any of them have a free trial or something

• Cool 1

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles
22 hours ago, bob_391 said:

Never heard of a VPN for gaming though.

VPN for gaming advertise themself is a GPN (Gamers Private Network). its kinda diffrent from regular VPN, mainly GPN dont mask your IP, re-routing, encrypt or modify the traffic. it provide straight, stable connection, as close to as is (your ISP) to game server.

I used couple of them to play Japan MMO, WTFast is most popular GPN, while Kill Ping is slightly cheaper, and Mudfish is the cheapest AFAIK

Edited by humusz
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this