Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Serene_Potato

Japanese Carriers. Seriously?

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

Try dodging 3 torp squads. gg wargaming.

"Hm...how can we make Jap carriers different?"

"OH! Let's have the same amount of aircraft as US carriers, but split them among 3 squadrons! That way there will be less aircraft per squad!"

Yeah...try dodging 3 squadrons of torp bombers. Tell me how that works out for you, hey.

Contains no suggestions. Moved to General discussions. Please be more observant on what section you post in, so your topic fullfills the criteria for that section.

/AALG

Moderation team, WoWS Asia

Edited by AALG

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Torp bomber squad of IJN CV is only have 3 or 4 planes

EVen me have some kind of problem engage them with BB

Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You know that the top spread on each IJN squad is smaller than USN's right?

It's because They have less planes

Combine 2 squad = Very narrow TB attack

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

At least you can dodge American torpedo attacks. How do you dodge 3 squadrons attacking you at the same time? Also, the spread might be smaller, but that also means that you can send in torpedoes from many different directions, making a hit almost guaranteed...

Alpha Tester
71 posts
502 battles

You know that the top spread on each IJN squad is smaller than USN's right?

Whether that is sufficient counterbalance for the increased tactical flexibility vis a vis multi axis attacks remains to be seen.

I am so conflicted on CVs. they take the two worst aspects of WoT arty, massive alpha and long reloads, and increase them. In competent hands they can be devastating and are death to BB's but the thing is that doesn't bother me terribly because its a solid reflection of the progress of naval warfare. From the first use of scouts and fighters during WW1 to the stage managed sinking of the Ostfriesland and on to the Bismark, Taranto and finally the supremacy of the CV in the Pacific. Overall I find the CV's rather boring to play (even with the satisfaction of a successful strike) and BB's less enjoyable than cruisers. All in all WoWS is proving to be WoT with floaties for me. 

DanJar

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

IJN Carrier is too OP eh.. But the worth of one plane being shoot down by AA fire or fighter planes...

YMFBHuN.jpg

Note: Bauxite = credits

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

At least you can dodge American torpedo attacks. How do you dodge 3 squadrons attacking you at the same time? Also, the spread might be smaller, but that also means that you can send in torpedoes from many different directions, making a hit almost guaranteed...

Well if you can't dodge it, TAKE IT! 

BB are born with health and armor for reasons, they also have the repair ability to soak up damage too.

If you want to dodge torpedoes instead of taking them, play Cruisers.

679 posts
3,522 battles

I do find it ironic that the widely acknowledged air superiority of the US is represented by having inferior air power in game.  All the same I do love all the new stuff, being dying to talk about it for the last 3 months and now I can!

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

How inferior? AA guns will affect IJN squadron more than USN. 2 plane down and thats already 50% of IJN squadron strenght.

2 USN squad = 3 IJN Squad

in this case IJN have 2-3 TB squad while USN only use 1 TB Squad (up to lexington)

Inferior intensifies!

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Overall I find the CV's rather boring to play (even with the satisfaction of a successful strike) and BB's less enjoyable than cruisers. All in all WoWS is proving to be WoT with floaties for me. 

DanJar

Try Air Superiority setups.

They're fun to use and the only real downside is the loss of exp due to dealing low damage to ships.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Try Air Superiority setups.

They're fun to use and the only real downside is the loss of exp due to dealing low damage to ships.

I don't see any air superiority setup anymore, in other words they remove it

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I don't see any air superiority setup anymore, in other words they remove it

Yeah, just saw it.

Down to 2 fighters and 2 dive bombers.

Oh hey, they also removed the MM table. *Sigh*

So far this patch feels like...

Sign in to follow this