Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

In before Christmas 2020 Gone to Burning Fuel stocks again

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,673
[-CAT-]
Member
3,409 posts
13,592 battles
823
[LBAS]
Member
3,379 posts
15,845 battles
3 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

When did the fire ever stopped buring?

:Smile_trollface:

1474248390_doorwaytohell.thumb.jpg.9cc2d77bc375b8ef7cbc90a29fe23611.jpg

DOOM - Mission 07 Hell on Mars | 100% Walkthrough - YouTube

This year End's dockyard is gonna be a scam Hell itself

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,404
[151ST]
Member
3,553 posts
11,945 battles

Yeah and I may have to whale it, depending on my impending child's birth... Last year I got to within 3-4 stages, so I shoulda just picked it up but I didn't out of protest.

Now, what's the point? It didn't change anything...

But yes, I am happy to see the recommencement of the flame war...

Fire when ready commander.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,230
Member
5,690 posts
9,498 battles

This is why I practice "Indifference is bliss".

 

Even though Hizen will be grindable for 2 Updates, this event is longer than Oden or Anchor Rage (20 or 24 each), and the Doub price for each phase seems to be higher than PR (correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't PR like 1750 Doub each phase?). The price now is 1950 per phase. And there are more phases and more phases that players must buy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,622
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,714 battles
38 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Even though Hizen will be grindable for 2 Updates, this event is longer than Oden or Anchor Rage (20 or 24 each), and the Doub price for each phase seems to be higher than PR (correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't PR like 1750 Doub each phase?). The price now is 1950 per phase. And there are more phases and more phases that players must buy.

PR had 50 phases though. I think they just raise the price per phase to avoid the huge loss compared to PR's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,673
[-CAT-]
Member
3,409 posts
13,592 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

This is why I practice "Indifference is bliss".

 

Even though Hizen will be grindable for 2 Updates, this event is longer than Oden or Anchor Rage (20 or 24 each), and the Doub price for each phase seems to be higher than PR (correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't PR like 1750 Doub each phase?). The price now is 1950 per phase. And there are more phases and more phases that players must buy.

Price inflation could mean several things.

Could be that dockyard is not working as intended.
Could be that target was not reached. (Blame Dockyard 1.0 [Puerto Rico] and Lesta CEO for that.)
Could be another project / mechanic has failed to meet expectaion and WoWs team is using dockyard as compensation for the other project's / mechanic's failures. (*cough* Research Bureau *cough*)
Could be that management wants to earn their bonus. And use dockyard to collect their funds(?).
Others.

 

Also, as long as botting, RMT-ing, account sharing for resource farming are not being dealt with by WG, (even if they buy T8 from WG), they will not pay full price as cheating is way cheaper than paying the ship's full price.
To those who purchase the dockyard ships at full price, kudos to them. They paid it legally. But WG has to accept that not all players will share the same thought point / ideology.

And WG's refusal to acknowledge their unpopular choices and / or decisions, make playing and paying players quit.
Remember, there are other entertainment medium out there.

 

Inflating the price is very counter-productive.
Consumers will buy less or not buy at all if the price is increased.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[O7]
Member
185 posts
18,593 battles

I wasn't going to go all the way with the dockyard, but if they are going to give me 4k gold (for the Yahagi) towards the final 4 phases I might just go for it.  A tier 9 bb for 3.8k gold sounds ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,179
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,497 posts
11,881 battles

I don't get this thread.  They significantly changed the practices used during dockyard events following the Puerto Rico debacle.  Odin and Anchorage have been perfectly decent events.  Why would anyone think they would suddenly go back to the awful practices of last christmas when they have clearly changed the way they do these events based on the comprehensive and entirely justified complaints about the PR event.

The primary issue with the PR event was the monetisation practices that WG used.  They used to have quite reasonable monetisation practices, where you paid money to get something quite clear, and it was all very straight forward.  With the PR event (and in some of the events before that) they started to use behavioural psychology techniques to attempt to get people to spend money when they otherwise may not have.  The PR event took this to the next level - players were lulled by the apparent ease of the grind that was communicated by CC's and not corrected by WG, and also from the minimising language used in the PR event web page (it's entirely possible to get PR for free, simply complete the directives), into starting a grind that many had little to no chance of completing even when using boosters to (in a player's mind) make it relatively easy.  When the end of the grind is in sight and it suddenly became clear to players that despite all the money and time they have put into PR, they would not actually receive the ship, then they had to spend more money to complete it, or face the complete loss of all the time and money they had already put in.  This was an unacceptable position in which to put the players of their game!

These practices were not used during the Odin and Anchorage dockyard events.  It was quite clear in advance what was required, and what the ship would cost with whatever method you chose to use to acquire it.  They changed the way they did things quite obviously based on player feedback (or a thoroughly justified massive player outcry really).  I see no reason why the Hizen event will be any different.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
823
[LBAS]
Member
3,379 posts
15,845 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

I don't get this thread.  They significantly changed the practices used during dockyard events following the Puerto Rico debacle.  Odin and Anchorage have been perfectly decent events.  Why would anyone think they would suddenly go back to the awful practices of last christmas when they have clearly changed the way they do these events based on the comprehensive and entirely justified complaints about the PR event.

1,950 doubloons is not final so expect to say them "Complete for 75,000 doubloons"

:Smile_trollface:

 

 

You may think from last year that you lads pay the price for a mediocre ship. And then mega regrets for everything. 

You will still have to milk your wallet for those crunchy containers but only the crappy ships is the one you get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
823
[LBAS]
Member
3,379 posts
15,845 battles

As you may know. WG is ready to be greedy this Christmas. You know you can't trust em but if you don't wanna get the Hizen. Stop at Yahagi instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,621
[CLAY]
Member
3,226 posts
14,185 battles

I think the big problem is that T9 and T10 ships are not cheap (and they shouldn't be).

You have to do a heap of grinding, then pay a lot.

Considering all the stuff you get for completing sections, the final cost may even be worth it.

But even if WG communicates properly this year (and they sort of have), it will still be a huge grind and a lot of money. Because A T9 ship, plus all the extras for rewards along the way, cost a lot.

And you have to do it all in a short amount of time.

So, yes, WG is greedy, but if the ship is worth playing, it will sort of be worth it. If the ship is worth playing.

I'll probably ignore it as I did the PR... Maybe see if I can get those interim rewards. Depends on how hard the grind is.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[4RSE]
Member
403 posts
10,835 battles
12 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

1,950 doubloons is not final so expect to say them "Complete for 75,000 doubloons"

:Smile_trollface:

 

 

You may think from last year that you lads pay the price for a mediocre ship. And then mega regrets for everything. 

You will still have to milk your wallet for those crunchy containers but only the crappy ships is the one you get. 

I know you are joking "75,000" doubloons.

26 stages times 1950 doubloons = 50,700. It will of course be less than that to buy it outright because there will be at least 2 boosters. I predict 45,000 doubloons will be the ultimate price. Then those of us with deep pockets will grind for RB and steel. 4400 steel isn't to be sneezed at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
799
[BLESS]
Member
1,460 posts
12,804 battles
18 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

With the PR event (and in some of the events before that) they started to use behavioural psychology techniques to attempt to get people to spend money when they otherwise may not have.  [...] These practices were not used during the Odin and Anchorage dockyard events.  It was quite clear in advance what was required, and what the ship would cost with whatever method you chose to use to acquire it.  They changed the way they did things quite obviously based on player feedback (or a thoroughly justified massive player outcry really).  I see no reason why the Hizen event will be any different.

The PR event was the first of it's kind, mistakes were made. Previously the closest thing was the Cossack, which was "pay to finish". The PR was the first "pay in advance to grind faster", and it was the first designed not to allow the final reward ship to be obtained without paying. If you paid the $50 or $70, the grind was reasonable, so essentially the event boiled down to a  chance to buy the PR for %30 off. I declined.

Odin and Anchorage kept the model, but communicated it to players far better. Unfortunately they also doubled down on "bundling", where the main reward cannot be obtained without also paying for additional flags and bonuses.  Un the upside the "mid-point" reward ship has generally been obtainable without too much effort. (Anchorage did not have one, but offers a nice FXP bonus instead) Still, as far as the main ships go, I declined to participate.

16 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

Stop at Yahagi instead.

I would not wish Yahagi on my worst enemy.

Meaning, I will decline to participate on this dockyard too, making it 0:4.

What the PR event taught me is that there are parts of the game I don't need to concern myself over. Dockyard is one, RB is another.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
823
[LBAS]
Member
3,379 posts
15,845 battles

Remember this thread?

 

I have a bad feeling that they will increase the doubloon price per phase and everyone's not going to like it.

 

:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,344
[TLS]
Member
4,851 posts
21,287 battles

It won't be as bad this year because they will clearly iterate the costs. Unlike last year where you forked over the money only realising that if you failed to complete the missions, you'd be essentially throwing that upfront cost away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,673
[-CAT-]
Member
3,409 posts
13,592 battles
59 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

Remember this thread?

 

I have a bad feeling that they will increase the doubloon price per phase and everyone's not going to like it.

 

:Smile_hiding:

They already have. From 1,750 per phase, now it will cost 1,950 per phase. (Early bundle do not apply.)

Also, remember Hizen is T9. She will require 26 phases to complete, instead of T8's 20 phases.

In T8's 20 phases, player will be required to out right pay up the last 2 phases.
In T9's 26 phases, player will be required to out right pay up the last 4  phases.

 

Link:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/89

 

Not to mention the discrimination WG is doing against F2P players and P2A players.

And WG refusal to out right ban bots (poorly scripted automation), RMT-ers, and account sellers in the game just leaves a bad taste to the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
823
[LBAS]
Member
3,379 posts
15,845 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

It won't be as bad this year because they will clearly iterate the costs. Unlike last year where you forked over the money only realising that if you failed to complete the missions, you'd be essentially throwing that upfront cost away.

[meanwhile in WG]

 

Devs: Comrade, the PTS is going so well, what will we do?

WG: Increase doubloon price in dockyard!

Devs: Da, is balans.

Edited by IJN_Katori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
823
[LBAS]
Member
3,379 posts
15,845 battles
4 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

They already have. From 1,750 per phase, now it will cost 1,950 per phase. (Early bundle do not apply.)

:Smile_teethhappy:

 

Shit's gonna hit the fan and Dumpster is on Chaos Fuel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,673
[-CAT-]
Member
3,409 posts
13,592 battles
Just now, IJN_Katori said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

 

Shit's gonna hit the fan and Dumpster is on Chaos Fuel.

The 2nd dumpster is ready, fueled-up, and loaded.

All we need is a spark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,344
[TLS]
Member
4,851 posts
21,287 battles

Well, the stage price up isn't exactly unexpected considering it's T9 and they ridiculously inflate the prices of premiums. I tender Exhibit A: T10 DDs costing a princely sum of 2million FXP. 

What will be more important is i) the intensity of the missions ii) the length you are given to complete the missions. Last year's fiasco was also in part due to the 4 week window to complete the ship. If they repeat the mistakes of last year's disaster, well, hello pandemic 2020.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,404
[151ST]
Member
3,553 posts
11,945 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Well, the stage price up isn't exactly unexpected considering it's T9 and they ridiculously inflate the prices of premiums. I tender Exhibit A: T10 DDs costing a princely sum of 2million FXP. 

What will be more important is i) the intensity of the missions ii) the length you are given to complete the missions. Last year's fiasco was also in part due to the 4 week window to complete the ship. If they repeat the mistakes of last year's disaster, well, hello pandemic 2020.

Actually I think the real importance is will the ship be any good... ...?

And lately I've been disagreeing with a lot of common assessments...

- New York

- Ragnarok

- Kansas

I really hope Hizen is good... ... ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×