You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
boydy73

English speaking tab

6 comments in this topic

2 posts
1,243 battles

Would love to see a tab or feature introduced to allow us to partner with english speaking people more frequently, often have teams where hardly anyone speaks english

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,892 posts
8,769 battles

It would probably limit you way too much as English is not the predominant language on this server.   If you have problems communicating just use the inbuilt comms in the game which works well.

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,785 posts
28,581 battles
2 hours ago, boydy73 said:

Would love to see a tab or feature introduced to allow us to partner with english speaking people more frequently, often have teams where hardly anyone speaks english

segregating people never works well, i can tell you from experience that most of the box speakers on the server can speak at least basic English, the real question is how they can be encouraged to speak it more instead of boxes. 

if you have a separate tab for English only then those people aren't going to have a reason to bother speaking English at all since they'll just revert to using their native language anyways 

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,159 posts
23,993 battles
5 hours ago, boydy73 said:

You don't have many battles up.

Make an NA account.

All English there.

Most people (myself included) have found little to no difference in play between SEA and NA.

Or persevere, good players will often use map pings regardless of their mother tongue.

And bad players are no good whatever language they speak.

But seriously, I dipped my foot in the NA waters a while back and yes, there is English and yes there is often more coordinated chat because of it.

English on NA... or whatever the Yanks have done to The Queen's 😛

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
3,232 posts
14,205 battles

What’s the bigger problem. People not speaking the same language, or people not listening when the same language is spoken?

[SMOKE]
2,511 posts
18,035 battles

Well that's just going to create more problem ... I usually just type into the chat telling them I cannot read just white blocks and most would be willing to switch to typing ( even if less than perfectly communicating ) English or if they truly unable to use the language they still would gives basic "cannot " of sort

It's Asian Server , just as EU server sees a lot of non English too. 

Using the I build chat and clicking the minimal is usually effective enough