Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

ST 0.9.11 - 0.9.12, New Year Celebration and other new content (a lot of content)

19 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
3,359 posts
13,457 battles

The Supertest for updates 0.9.11 and 0.9.12 will begin soon: expect the new branch of U.S. battleships to be coming out of early access, New Year celebrations, a new Dockyard event, and other new content.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Update 0.9.11

With update 0.9.11, the new U.S. battleship subbranch will be released from early access and Kansas, Minnesota, and Vermont will be available to everyone.

phpGMaFJO

In addtion, the system of Ranked battles will be updated.

The main changes:

• Seasons of Ranked Battles will succeed each other almost immediately, only with short breaks to separate them.
  • Each Season is split into Sprints, each about 2 weeks long.
  • Each season there will be 3 leagues: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. To advance to the next league, you first need to reach rank 1 in the current league and pass the qualification.
  • In one Sprint, a player can only pass their current League and qualify to the next League.
    • If a player is not qualified, he will start a new Sprint in his current League.
    • If a player is qualified, he will start a new Sprint in the next League.
  • Rewards will be given for a certain number of victories in the League, and for reaching the first rank.

Detailed information about the new system and rewards will be published later.

Added permanent "Predator" camouflage for Somers in exchange for Ranked Tokens.

phplPLGja

Celebrating the New Year in Update 0.9.12

New Year - time for gifts. This time we have prepared for you many rewards and activities!

"Snowflakes"

During the celebration of the new year, players will be able to get traditional holiday bonuses on all their ships starting from Tier V. Now you can "shoot down a snowflake" or either by winning the battle or by gaining a certain amount of base experience. Starting with the update 0.9.11 this rule will also apply to a bonus for resetting a branch in the Research Bureau.

"Snowflakes" on all ships of Tiers V-VII will bring 400-750 units of Coal, VIII-IX - 75 units of Steel, and on Tier X ships you can earn "Santa's gift" containers, from which with a certain probability you can get one of the many premium ships and other rewards. 

phpEEekIH

Please note: The "Snowflake" can only be shot down once during the 0.9.12 and 0.10.0 updates in all types of battle except training battles.

Holiday campaigns

In the update 0.9.12, players will be able to access two new temporary campaigns "In pursuit of Strasbourg" and "Ships and Fates" as a reward for which you can get Strasbourg with permanent "Winter Holiday" camouflage, thematic commanders, as well as researchable ships Hawkins, Visby, Kotovsky, New York, T-22 and Furutaka with permanent "Winter" camouflage.

phpblKclo

phpdnIJKm

phpcENnEA

New Port and Camouflages

New expendable camouflage "Winter Patterns" as well as permanent "New Year" camouflage, which can be installed on almost any Tier IX ship, will help to create the holiday atmosphere.

phpCkpPkb

phpDNBLcO

Also the port "Kure" was added to the game. The new Port and the Dockyard are inspired by Kure Harbor in Japan.

phpGPoChG

Dockyard

Players can build the new Japanese Tier IX battleship Hizen.

phpIFnehi

phpFpclib

The rules of the event are largely similar to the previous dockyard, but this time the number of construction phases and the list of awards will change:

• The construction of the ship at the dockyard consists of 26 phases.
  • Each shipbuilding phase can be completed by finishing groups of event combat missions or spending 1,950 Doubloons per phase.
  • The groups of combat missions will span two updates—0.9.12 and 0.10.0, and the Dockyard itself will remain in your Ports until the end of Update 0.10.1.
  • In total, you can complete 22 out of 26 shipbuilding phases by progressing through groups of combat missions.
  • The reward for the completion of the 5th shipbuilding phase will be Tachibana with a "Winter" permanent camouflage, a commander with 6 skill points, and a port slot.
  • The reward for the completion of the 15th shipbuilding phase will be Yahagi with a "Winter" permanent camouflage, a commander with 6 skill points, and a port slot.
  • For the completion of the other stages of construction, you will be able to receive "Santa's Gift" containers, new permanent "New Year" camouflage for Tier IX ships, new "Winter Patterns" expendable camouflages, and other rewards. 
  • For the completion of the 26th shipbuilding phase, you will receive Hizen in her "War Paint" camouflage, a commander with 10 skill points, a port slot, and a memorable flag.

phpKJbDoE

phpIfniPi

"Santa's Mega Gift" container

phpdEpHCg

If you already have Tachibana in port, you will receive a compensation of 1,425,000 credits. Compensation for Yahagi will be 4,000 Doubloons.

If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using Doubloons, you can still progress through the combat missions. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 400 Research Points and 200 units of Steel for each completed phase. If you had no access to the Research Bureau, you'll get it upon receiving Research Points.

Link:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/89

Edited by S0und_Theif
Adding forum link for feedback.

[-CAT-]
3,359 posts
13,457 battles

Research Bureau is discriminating again.

If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using Doubloons, you can still progress through the combat missions. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 400 Research Points and 200 units of Steel for each completed phase. If you had no access to the Research Bureau, you'll get it upon receiving Research Points.

[IJN]
312 posts
5,152 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

Also the port "Kure" was added to the game. The new Port and the Dockyard are inspired by Kure Harbor in Japan.

phpGPoChG

Ah, so only inspired?   Not replicated? Alright...

In the update 0.9.12, players will be able to access two new temporary campaigns "In pursuit of Strasbourg" and "Ships and Fates" as a reward for which you can get Strasbourg with permanent "Winter Holiday" camouflage, thematic commanders, as well as researchable ships Hawkins, Visby, Kotovsky, New York, T-22 and Furutaka with permanent "Winter" camouflage.

phpblKclo

phpdnIJKm

Ah, reminds me of the good old days of 2017...  Hunt for the Graf Spee and whatnot...

Players can build the new Japanese Tier IX battleship Hizen.

Well, surely it's not that ba-

The rules of the event are largely similar to the previous dockyard, but this time the number of construction phases and the list of awards will change:

• The construction of the ship at the dockyard consists of 26 phases.
  • Each shipbuilding phase can be completed by finishing groups of event combat missions or spending 1,950 Doubloons per phase.
  • In total, you can complete 22 out of 26 shipbuilding phases by progressing through groups of combat missions.
  • The reward for the completion of the 5th shipbuilding phase will be Tachibana with a "Winter" permanent camouflage, a commander with 6 skill points, and a port slot.
  • The reward for the completion of the 15th shipbuilding phase will be Yahagi with a "Winter" permanent camouflage, a commander with 6 skill points, and a port slot.
  • For the completion of the 26th shipbuilding phase, you will receive Hizen in her "War Paint" camouflage, a commander with 10 skill points, a port slot, and a memorable flag.

Ouch my F2P sides.  That means you need to spend at least 7,800 doubloons AT LEAST to get Hizen.

I guess this comes down to Hizen's performance itself, but judging from the stats...           Ouch.

At least we get a fun Tier 2 and a horrible tier 5 for free...

phpdEpHCg

These better be good.  Or at least better than last year's.

Your local satirical commentator signing out...

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,492 posts
11,814 battles

I had to look twice at that 7800 doubloon cost as well!  You get the pleasure of doing what will no doubt be a pretty serious grind so you can still pay 7800 doubloons for the ship?  :cap_wander:

I don't have much interest in Hizen (I really don't like Yamato, Izumo, or any similar ships) so there's basically no incentive for me to participate, but for those who wanted her that's a pretty steep price after so much work.

A T9 premium costs 19300 doubloons, so you're basically getting a nearly 60% discount for your rather significant efforts.  Doesn't seem worth it to me, and I would have to really want the ship to decide to grind for it.

At least for those of us who already have Yahagi, we can get 4000 doubloons for a much more achievable 15 stages.  Win/win for me, I'll not put in much comparative effort, make 4000 doubloons, and not have to get a crappy tier 9 BB (my opinion only!).  For anyone excited by the prospect of getting Hizen however, they just received a bit of a cold shower.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,673 posts
5,737 battles

"Santa's gift" containers, from which with a certain probability you can get one of the many premium ships

The probability is set to zero on my account.

The 200 steel interests me a little, but I'll have to look at how much I can earn total, as I still after ALL THESE YEARS only have half the required steel to get the cheapest steel ship.

As grinding in a computer game during xmas is rather ...... and then there's WoT who always have incredible xmas event.

5,639 posts
9,400 battles

Remember when New Year campaigns give T6 tech tree ships instead of T5? 

Yeah I 'member.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,002 posts
13,611 battles

Hizen..... well I have Musashi & and I don't need that crap anyway, hmph!

New Year camo would be for T9 this time, which is nice.

Kure? Meh.... the old Sarushima was better.

Strasbourg is unexpected. Oh well, we'll see if the missions would be as hard as Duke of York.

Santa crates..... Eugen would be nice, but meh I don't care if she doesn't drop from those.

[NCOTS]
498 posts
12,505 battles

Eh...dockyard again, and it seems more grindy and unrewarding. 

3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Remember when New Year campaigns give T6 tech tree ships? 

I would really appreciate if this is available again for this year, need that motivation to grind British Heavy cruisers.

[SMOKE]
2,467 posts
17,849 battles

Dockyard events are fast becoming a meme among WOWS community , really ! But wait they already are. .

Edited by Mechfori

[151ST]
3,518 posts
11,846 battles

Snowflakes aren't bad but Hizen grind I fear... Because I want her.

Still What are the rewards like for snowflakes compared to last year?

I don't know if I'll have time for either, we're having our first kid.

Edited by S4pp3R

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
7 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Same. 75 piddly steel for VIII to IX, Santa crates for T10. Just like the anni one.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[SMOKE]
2,467 posts
17,849 battles
7 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Snowflakes aren't bad but Hizen grind I fear... Because I want her.

I don't know if I'll have time for either, we're having our first kid.

That is what WG get themselves into, too many Event , too much grind altogether and on and on and on .. and concurrent .. remember we had US BB and Dockyard both now, we will have Halloween , and then its new Ranked ( and will be kept on ) and then this , 2 time limited Campaign, a dockyard build and then the snowflakes ... you know you can really had too much of a good thing ( provided they are good from the first instance !! )

• Cool 3

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,980 posts
6,588 battles

Strasbourg... I hope its like Duke of York Campaign.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,492 posts
11,814 battles
13 hours ago, Mechfori said:

That is what WG get themselves into, too many Event , too much grind altogether and on and on and on .. and concurrent .. remember we had US BB and Dockyard both now, we will have Halloween , and then its new Ranked ( and will be kept on ) and then this , 2 time limited Campaign, a dockyard build and then the snowflakes ... you know you can really had too much of a good thing ( provided they are good from the first instance !! )

Well it's Halloween, they've done something for this every single year, and it is their main large scale test bed for new stuff in the game, there's no way they would drop that.  Then we have the christmas event, and this has been a major event in the game every year since inception as well.  I understand some players think there are lots of events in the game, but these two are absolute staples of World of Warships.

I personally don't mind having lots of events, and WG consider it important to keep the game feeling active.  What does it matter if there are lots of events, you don't have to do them all - I had less than zero interest in the Anchorage event for example, so I didn't participate.  Although I've ranked out a few times in the normal ranked seasons, most seasons I just play a few games up to rank 10 or 11, and leave it there.  The Odin event I was interested in, so I did that. 

Having so many events enables you to play the game like this.  Imagine if they only did one event every few months, for plenty of people there would be zero interest in anything new in the game for months at a time.  If they had done PR last christmas, and then Anchorage mid year, and then Hizen this christmas, and no other big events, that would be an entire year that I personally would have zero events of interest to me.  Now I can pick and choose how I want to play, and what I want to participate in.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this