Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

ST 0.9.10, balance changes and changes to test ships

18 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
4,551 posts
16,445 battles

We've changed the characteristics of several ships, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. Such changes were required to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. We'll continue to introduce changes in the updates that follow, if deemed necessary. This devblog also features changes to test ships: Italian battleships, Hizen, Plymouth, Strasbourg, and some other ships.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

V Hawkins

• Main battery reload time reduced from 12.1 to 11.7 s.

VIII Implacable

• Bomb parameters were changed:
    • Maximum damage increased from 4,900 to 5,100;
    • Chance of causing fire on a target increased from 28 to 29%.

VIII Tallinn

• Main battery reload time reduced from 13.5 to 13.0 s;
  • Detectability range by ships increased from 14.24 to 14.54 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

IX Riga

• Main battery reload time reduced from 14.5 to 14.0 s;
  • Detectability range by ships increased from 15.04 to 15.34 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

X Petropavlovsk

• Detectability range by ships increased from 15.4 to 15.8 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

We adjusted the parameters of the following ships based on testing results.

VI Andrea Doria and VII Francesco Caracciolo,

• The "Exhaust Smoke Generator" consumable was removed.

With this change, the features of the Italian battleships branch will become more pronounced while progressing along the branch, and the differences between mid-tier and high-tier ships will be more noticeable.

X Cristoforo Colombo,

• Horizontal firing angles on both sides of the aft-end turrets were reduced by 10 degrees;
  • Sigma parameter was reduced from 1.6 to 1.5
  • Deck plating thickness reduced from 55 to 50 mm.

VI Leone

• Torpedo tubes reload time increased from 47 to 75 s.

X Plymouth

• Engine settings were changed. Now the ship will gain and lose speed in the same way as the cruiser Minotaur.
  • Main battery reload time reduced from 6.5 to 6.0 s.

VIII Belfast '43

• Main battery reload time increased from 9.0 to 10.5 s.

IX Hizen

• Main battery firing range reduced from 21.1 to 20.3 km;
  • Main turrets' traverse speed reduced from 4.5 to 4.0 degrees per second;
  • Detectability range by ships increased from 16.38 to 17.38 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

IX Z-44

• The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for AP shells is reduced from 60 to 45 degrees;
  • Guaranteed ricochet angle for AP shells reduced from 67.5 to 60 degrees.
  • Arming threshold increased from 19 to 21 mm.

VII Strasbourg

• Reload time of the "Main Battery Reload Booster" consumable increased from 120 to 180 s;
  • Main battery reload time increased from 21 to 24 s.

VI Mysore

• Removed the ability to mount the "Propulsion Modification 1" upgrade.
  • AP shells' arming threshold and fuse arming time were reduced to values similar to the AP shells of British light cruisers:
    • Arming threshold reduced from 25 to 12 mm;
    • Fuse arming time reduced from 0.025 to 0.005 s.

X Werner Voss

• Parameters of skip-bombers were updated.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/87

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[151ST]
4,112 posts
13,630 battles
3 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

@S4pp3R

Mysore is more British than CWoN-ish play.

Apart from Creeping Smoke gimmick. :fish_book:

Yeah TBH it's just lazy design.

Fiji is strong at T7 in good hands even without a heal. Dropping Mysore down a tier wouldn't be necessary if she had HE. The only reason they do this is they lazily wanted to copy-paste most of Fiji's specs, then losing 1 turret makes balance sense.

I'm not happy with Mysore, they've basically butchered any chance at fun gameplay differences.

If a version of her was in RN but called something else, no one would bat an eyelid.

The core thing that makes RN CLs 'balanced' is a lack of HE. The moment you add HE to their specs their power goes up.

That's why in my proposals you see the CLs uptiered. To compensate for a lack of heal I chose to buff range and shift their damage metrics towards HE alpha instead of a quick RoF. This also means they're less likely to be considered 'toxic' for the meta like Kutuzov or Smolensk.

Overall I will pick up Mysore regardless and train a new Captain for her but otherwise I am extremely disappointed, this is plainly simplified and lazy copy-paste money grabbing.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,680 posts
15,702 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

CW don't have the special RN AP. See Perth.

Yeah, give us HE, I’d like to rotate captains between Mysore and Perth.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,505 posts
15,408 battles

Hizen better be coal because no one would be silly enough to get her with steel or RB points for a mediocre version of Musashi.

And what is Leone again? I know she's a real DD, but what was WG's plan with this ship?

[LGND]
609 posts
14,120 battles
17 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

X Plymouth

• Engine settings were changed. Now the ship will gain and lose speed in the same way as the cruiser Minotaur.
  • Main battery reload time reduced from 6.5 to 6.0 s.

interesting she got muscle car Engine like Muscle Car Plymouth  :Smile_trollface:

[LBAS]
3,722 posts
17,730 battles
17 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Wait, is Voss already playable in PT? Or is she still in the sandbox? :fish_book:

I heard she was in Sandbox, also Tone and Ise as well.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,353 battles
32 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

interesting she got muscle car Engine like Muscle Car Plymouth  :Smile_trollface:

Now she is going to be a tankier version of the mino with bigger guns.

[BALD]
[BALD]
712 posts
4,846 battles

You forgot one thing:

ST 0.9.10, Melbourne

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

In Update 0.9.10, Commonwealth Tier VIII aircraft carrier Melbourne will enter the test.  

1454796421_Screenshot(1140).thumb.png.23b09e446550b7d3c118c65bd1ed5710.png

Melbourne is an unusual aircraft carrier, with smaller size than her contemporaries. She carried fewer, state-of-the art aircraft as her loadout, which were much more durable, faster, and carried more ordnance at the cost of smaller squadron size and slow restoration time. Unique to her is a new consumable - Anti-Submarine Helicopters, capable to engage submarines within a certain radius. Additionally, she will have built-in Hotel Yankee signal flag effect.

Additional characteristics of this ship are currently in the preliminary balancing stage and will be published when they are ready.

• Cool 2

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,353 battles
5 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

You forgot one thing:

ST 0.9.10, Melbourne

In Update 0.9.10, Commonwealth Tier VIII aircraft carrier Melbourne will enter the test.  

Melbourne is an unusual aircraft carrier, with smaller size than her contemporaries. She carried fewer, state-of-the art aircraft as her loadout, which were much more durable, faster, and carried more ordnance at the cost of smaller squadron size and slow restoration time. Unique to her is a new consumable - Anti-Submarine Helicopters, capable to engage submarines within a certain radius. Additionally, she will have built-in Hotel Yankee signal flag effect.

Additional characteristics of this ship are currently in the preliminary balancing stage and will be published when they are ready.

She will also carry nuclear weapons.

[-CAT-]
4,551 posts
16,445 battles
3 hours ago, Gesterbein said:

98784597_1971_Plymouth_Hemi_Cuda.thumb.jpg.1d04596f6db96c5699c96c29c9581dc2.jpg

1969_Plymouth_Road_Runner_(1144411128).thumb.jpg.92ef936e5d279f8fc6a34103c904034e.jpg

Plymouth.thumb.png.a719378eae0be50aeed546e267be50cd.png

Edited by S0und_Theif

[-CAT-]
4,551 posts
16,445 battles
59 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

I heard she was in Sandbox, also Tone and Ise as well.

Thank you.

I am out of upvote ammo again. I owe the lots of you for now.

[TW-K]
79 posts
7,378 battles
6 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Hizen better be coal because no one would be silly enough to get her with steel or RB points for a mediocre version of Musashi.

And what is Leone again? I know she's a real DD, but what was WG's plan with this ship?

better to no nerf her anymore again.
there anything about her already got a nert

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,505 posts
15,408 battles
36 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

According to wg, IJN ships cannot be superior to toilet paper soviet ships.

They can still feel the salt they got from Tsushima.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,990 posts
29,357 battles
6 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

You forgot one thing:

ST 0.9.10, Melbourne

First, I keel you.

Then, I bury you.

Then, I find friendly necromancer and become student.

Then I learn how to raise dead.

Then I go to where I bury you and raise you from grave.

Then I keel you again.

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this