Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LawrenceXVIII

Italian Mid Tier Battleship Smoke " Removed " Rant! , So does T10 Nerf

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

533
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles

Italian battleships Andrea Doria, Francesco Caracciolo,Tier VI and VII:

  • The "Exhaust Smoke Generator" consumable was removed.

With this change, the features of the Italian battleships branch will become more pronounced while progressing along the branch, and the differences between mid-tier and high-tier ships will be more noticeable.

Italian battleship Cristoforo Colombo, Tier X:

  • Horizontal firing angles on both sides of the aft-end turrets were reduced by 10 degrees;
  • Sigma parameter was reduced from 1.6 to 1.5
  • Deck plating thickness reduced from 55 to 50 mm.

---------------------------

 

Of all places.. WHY?!!

Just.. why?? You of all Sters Removes the Exhaust Smoke Generator For Both Andrea Doria and Caracciolo?!!

 

Listen you ST boogaloos , I don't mind you nerf the Sigma and Deck Armor of the C.Colombo But why do you need to Nerf the Firing Angles for?? I thought all RM BB's were good at angles!

As for smoke... why you removed that? ik RM BB is gonna to have low hp...~  A Very Infuriated Regia Marina Nut player.

 

hvucdwnrd9t51.png

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
705
[SMOKE]
Member
1,917 posts
16,015 battles

They cannot properly balance SAP even on the Cruisers , so am not surprised they simply do not had a clue on how to do it on a BB , and speaking of that SAP on DD seems a questionable idea for now too

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,110
[CLAY]
Member
2,772 posts
12,373 battles

Not too fussed about removal of smoke at those tiers. Not sure it should be on BB anyway.

I am slightly worried about this ongoing idea of making ships more “pronounced” when going up tiers. I think it leads to a lot of low to mid tier ships being without the gimmick their line needs to be viable. Kind of like how the low tier French DDs lack smoke, and do not have the speed of the high tiers either, making them difficult to grind.

But to be honest, I think the Italian line is being gimmick saturated form bottom of the barrel gimmicks to begin with. Too much pressure to make them feel unique rather than just making a decent, normal BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles
10 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

A Very Infuriated Regia Marina Nut player.

This is as big of a problem as WG being unable to get themselves out of the "new gimmicks for every new line" philosophy :Smile_trollface:

 

Seriously though, if they could concentrate more on making proper, sensible designs (aka NOT 16 gun BB at T10), they would be able to avoid making ships that are gosh awful to balance.

SAP on BBs? Bold, and utterly untenable.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,684
[TLS]
Member
4,058 posts
20,261 battles
48 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

This is as big of a problem as WG being unable to get themselves out of the "new gimmicks for every new line" philosophy :Smile_trollface:

 

Seriously though, if they could concentrate more on making proper, sensible designs (aka NOT 16 gun BB at T10), they would be able to avoid making ships that are gosh awful to balance.

SAP on BBs? Bold, and utterly untenable.

Also +/-1MM would make it easier to balance between tiers.

<insert meme here where they drive a truck into their own demise>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles

Still looks like a damn joke when they " Change " things a backward around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,135
[-CAT-]
Member
2,273 posts
11,266 battles
11 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Still looks like a damn joke when they " Change " things a backward around.

WoWs team is not like the WoWs team in the past.

Where they made the game right and treat their customers well.

Now, they don't.

 

They also said in a stream that they have increased their workforce from 400 to 600.

But the increased workforce does not show that they are doing better. It's the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles
22 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

 

They also said in a stream that they have increased their workforce from 400 to 600.

But the increased workforce does not show that they are doing better. It's the opposite.

Workforce don't matter anyways, we still get shit on for the factions we loved. Its like Fallout 76 B team, where A team didn't do anything on effort.

Also some ppl dont liked Colombo tho.  I have a Agree/Disagree However... I kinda like the reddit user put an effort for this :

ply7nz2q0it51.png

 

Source :

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/jcfc1b/oc_i_dont_really_like_the_colombo_so_i_decided_to/

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles
58 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

But the increased workforce does not show that they are doing better. It's the opposite.

More employees equal more people to pay so they have to push the random bundles even more.

 

Also, about the Colombo. I think WG wanted to put the SAP gimmick first, then they picked the design, because they avoided UP 41 (406 mm) and the T10 isn't a big gun BB (406 or bigger), so they settled for the T9 and 10 that have smaller guns. Because they want to push the SAP gimmick. This is very bad thinking, because a 16-gunned ship would be a very bad ship to balance, even the Lyon has to sacrifice sigma and dispersion to achieve some semblance of balance, and she has normal HE and AP. Colombo has SAP, which is a gimmick and that makes the ship harder to balance. 

Without the SAP gimmick, the T10 would never have 16 guns without HE. She could be a 8/9/10 gun BB, which is easier to balance and is played more comfortably. Venezia already isn't sit well with me, and the Colombo is just making it worse.

I say the line could be much, much better if the gimmick is only the Exhaust Smoke, and leave the SAP gimmick to the smaller ships (CRs and DDs).

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles
10 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I say the line could be much, much better if the gimmick is only the Exhaust Smoke, and leave the SAP gimmick to the smaller ships (CRs and DDs).

I rather having a Battleship to use the Traditional HE and AP instead of them implementing SAP on RM BB.

Look at Duca'D Aosta , Duca Degli Abruzzi , Giulio Cesare and Roma ( dont count AL Littorio ). The only 4 ships had HE.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,135
[-CAT-]
Member
2,273 posts
11,266 battles
37 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Also some ppl dont liked Colombo tho.  I have a Agree/Disagree However... I kinda like the reddit user put an effort for this :

ply7nz2q0it51.png

 

Source :

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/jcfc1b/oc_i_dont_really_like_the_colombo_so_i_decided_to/

The reddit user did a really great job on this. I like the ship model.

I wish that the reddit user could also make a cruiser version of this ship with matching secondaries.

 

But, I also have to agree with @Paladinum, that the SAP gimmick is the reason why WG did not go beyond 203 mm for cruisers and  381 mm for battleship.

But (another but), expect WG to make of SAP 406 mm version if the future. You can never trust WG's words lately.

 

10 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

More employees equal more people to pay so they have to push the random bundles even more.

More random bundles that does not give false hope is ok.

Giving random bundles with false hope is not ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,135
[-CAT-]
Member
2,273 posts
11,266 battles
4 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I rather having a Battleship to use the Traditional HE and AP instead of them implementing SAP on RM BB.

Look at Duca'D Aosta , Duca Degli Abruzzi , Giulio Cesare and Roma ( dont count AL Littorio ). The only 4 ships had HE.

Possibly a future branch.

Where battleship guns are beyond 381 mm and cruiser guns beyond 203 mm.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles
9 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Possibly a future branch.

Where battleship guns are beyond 381 mm and cruiser guns beyond 203 mm.

Hope so, but the doubt is high there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,684
[TLS]
Member
4,058 posts
20,261 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

They also said in a stream that they have increased their workforce from 400 to 600.

But the increased workforce does not show that they are doing better. It's the opposite.

Obviously not programmers or QC people from the fact things are getting crappier and crappier.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Obviously not programmers or QC people from the fact things are getting crappier and crappier.

They're B Teams anyway of their so-called " workforce by 600 " factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles
29 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I rather having a Battleship to use the Traditional HE and AP instead of them implementing SAP on RM BB.

Look at Duca'D Aosta , Duca Degli Abruzzi , Giulio Cesare and Roma ( dont count AL Littorio ). The only 4 ships had HE.

Like I said, WG are pushing the "multiple gimmicks every new line" and by doing so, they are pushing themselves into a corner.

One gimmick, maybe 1 consumable, HE having higher damage than average, acceleration better than other BBs, etc. Fine. The fewer the gimmicks the better.

 

25 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Possibly a future branch.

That should be this line instead of any future line, just saying.

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally dislike gimmicky ship lines, esp. the RN ones (BBs, CAs and CLs) which have some awful, awful gimmicks to play against.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Like I said, WG are pushing the "multiple gimmicks every new line" and by doing so, they are pushing themselves into a corner.

One gimmick, maybe 1 consumable, HE having higher damage than average, acceleration better than other BBs, etc. Fine. The fewer the gimmicks the better.

 

On sound point. Traditional Gimmicks is on point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
689
[LBAS]
Member
4,782 posts
10,840 battles

Unbelievable their logics

They pissed every good of boats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
15 posts
5,265 battles

well, every other line's gimmick start at tier 8. Why should the Ita BB line's gimmick start at tier 6?
And as I expected, WeeGee can't balance a SAP BB, they can't even balance the Impero with 9 381, how can they even balance 16 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles
21 minutes ago, Danhvn_1 said:

well, every other line's gimmick start at tier 8. Why should the Ita BB line's gimmick start at tier 6?
And as I expected, WeeGee can't balance a SAP BB, they can't even balance the Impero with 9 381, how can they even balance 16 of them.

The entire line, from T4, has SAP gimmick, and the Exhaust Smoke is just another gimmick on top of that. 

What do you mean "Why should the Ita BB line's gimmick start at tier 6"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,181
[FORCE]
Member
2,313 posts
12,119 battles
18 hours ago, Danhvn_1 said:

well, every other line's gimmick start at tier 8. Why should the Ita BB line's gimmick start at tier 6?

Maybe because some lines have the 2nd gimmick start at T6.

  • French cruiser & DD line get MBRB at T6. DD gets another gimmick at T8 (flatter shell arc).
  • British DD gets hydro at T6, followed by heal at T9.
  • European DD gets heal at T5, followed by DefAA at T8.
  • Italian cruiser line gets smoke at T5, and the better smoke at T7 (longer duration).

If ship's speed, or number of gums are also gimmicks; then most BB lines indeed get gimmick at T6.

Not that I'm supporting his opinion though. I don't really care about any ships lower than T9

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles
22 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Maybe because some lines have the 2nd gimmick start at T6.

  • French cruiser & DD line get MBRB at T6. DD gets another gimmick at T8 (flatter shell arc).
  • British DD gets hydro at T6, followed by heal at T9.
  • European DD gets heal at T5, followed by DefAA at T8.
  • Italian cruiser line gets smoke at T5, and the better smoke at T7 (longer duration).

If ship's speed, or number of gums are also gimmicks; then most BB lines indeed get gimmick at T6.

Not that I'm supporting his opinion though. I don't really care about any ships lower than T9

Ammunition gimmick starts as soon as possible. 

+ RN CL's short-fused AP starts at T2;

+ Pasta CR's SAP starts at T2;

+ PA DD DW torps starts at T2;

+ EU DDs have their signature torps as far as T2;

+ German CRs's 1/4 HE pen starts at T4, the first ship to have 150 mm guns, Nassau's HE is 1/4 HE pen;

+ etc.;

 

When I said I have issues with lines with too many gimmicks, I sure darn do.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles

i have issues with only many gimmicks.

i wanted a straightforward dcp,heal and planes.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Administrator, WG Staff
193 posts

Hey!! 

I wanted to thank you guys for sharing your thoughts and feedback. I am going to let my team know what you think, but I wanted to address a few things that were discussed. 

I am sorry you think our team is not as good as it has been in the past. WG has built up teams all over the world because we care about you guys. You aren't just players or users, you are our community the most important part of World of Warships. I know sometimes it's frustrating when things are implemented (or not implemented) that you have strong feelings about. I am here to make sure that your sentiment is heard and to let you know that sentiment MATTERS to me, the WoWs team, and Wargaming. 

Thank you for being a part of this community. We appreciate all y'all <--- Yes, "all y'all" is a thing where I am from. 

Kind regards, 

Sail

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×