You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hurricaneflyer

Georgia or Thunderer?

Georgia or Thunderer?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Question title

• Georgia
    • Thunderer
    • No. Just no. Please don't increase the proliferation of these cancerous ships.

19 comments in this topic

[IJN]
312 posts
5,152 battles

Because I decided that Sansoneti was worth more than my credit bank I'm now looking at purchasing one of these premium ships.

I've decided to list some pros and cons because I cannot make a choice between the two. Note that some of these are directly related to me.

Pros:     Georgia:                                                 Thunderer:                                                  Cons:          Georgia:                            Thunderer:

-Fast, I mean VERY fast.                               -Disgustingly accurate with equally disgusting HE                 -  Exposed citadel                  -Has Conqueror's hull without the Portable Dockyard™

-Premium instead of Special ship              -Has DFAA (not like it matters)                                                   -  Rather lightly armoured     -Is not a actual premium which effects economy

-Likely to be removed soon™                       -I have a captain that can be used on her                                 -I do not have any US BB captains (or BBs for that matter)

-Prints Credits                                                -Prints Achievements                                                                   -I am getting Siegfried soon™ so a premium may not be required

-More enjoyable and unique playstyle       -More basic and reliable playstyle

This looked better when I was making it...

Edited by hurricaneflyer

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
6,133 posts
10,456 battles

Both are fun ships in their own way.  In the end get what you reckon you will enjoy.

[MRI]
4,140 posts
18,658 battles

Why not both?

Seriously though, it depends on which playstyle you will enjoy more. Otherwise just get whichever BB you think you will grind their line first to use them as a captain trainer.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,817 posts
29,639 battles

i'll say it again

if you are F2P and you don't already have another T9 prem, then get georgia, if you aren't then get thunderer because it's much more viable in "competitive" modes like ranked/CW which can make you rare resources, also it's so toxic that there's a good chance that WG will remove it from the game soon

• Cool 1

[MALD]
544 posts
14,606 battles

Both are really good. But Georgia can be purchase directly via premium shop while Thunderer is available only via coal. So if you have the cash, feel free to go for both. buy the Georgia, exchange the Thunderer. 

• Cool 3

[HMAS]
78 posts

Have you ever played BB before? 
If so, you'll probably be the best Thunderer captain out there!

[AN-DO]
391 posts
9,166 battles

Ihave Thunder. Good buy. Strong against all kinds of ships. Only downside is slow shell speed - between NC and Iowa

Georgia is the one I plan to get next.

[ARRR]
982 posts
14,467 battles

Faced this coal spending choice a little while ago and went for Georgia, was happy with it. I'm not the best BB skipper, but learning fast.

And have ground furiously to build up coal again and am 20k away from the Thunderer. :Smile_glasses:

[CLAY]
3,680 posts
15,702 battles

Both are good.

I would, however, consider sitting on the coal for a bit, to see which ship WG decides to remove next.

I made the mistake early in the year to buy Thunderer before JB. Then JB got removed.

[NOOB1]
113 posts
7,590 battles

I have both but I enjoy the Thunderer best

Thunderer - for Rank / Clan  and when used right , you are not always sitting on the back line. Its a great shiip to get good at : meaning AP on broadsides. as you move in, mid game.

Georgia - i find can be a little trickier to get the best out and actually I play it mostly in Co-op where a good game can get me as much as 1/4 mil credits

I believe that for the same DMG, a T9 premium give 50 % more credits than a TX special ship : based on some posts in NA forums !

Plus I think the Thunderer will disappear first - no one is calling the Georgia OP.

Edited by Dano07

[IJN]
312 posts
5,152 battles
21 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

As I have said many times before: Both.

But...

21 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Why not both?

but...

20 hours ago, rookieFTW said:

Both are really good.

Bu...

8 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Both are good.

7 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Why not both?

Err...

image.thumb.png.55264d78a81a8affb775f7f361bd7230.png

If you look VERY closely at the coal counter you can see that there was reason I was asking which one to pick. Pick first that is.

Edited by hurricaneflyer

[BALD]
[BALD]
712 posts
4,846 battles
4 minutes ago, hurricaneflyer said:

image.thumb.png.55264d78a81a8affb775f7f361bd7230.png

If you look VERY closely at the coal counter... You can see that there was reason I was asking which one to pick. Pick first that is.

Seeing the also as-desperate credit situation,

get Georgia first. She's as close to credit-printing Missouri, while also "fun"

[LNA]
2,224 posts
17,133 battles

In your case i highly recommend Georgia over Thunderer for your first buy. You need a fun credit printer, and Georgia is hella fun at that. Not saying Siegfried is bad, but German ships are plagued with being the manly nation. You know , all in and nothing between. And SEA do not forgive manly play , you will get blapped by a thousand wounds , possibly worse.

Georgia can play any role , and it has the speed to plug whatever hole your team need. Not to mention worthwhile AA to dissuade CV from killing you first thing. Versatility is pretty good.
Thunderer is alot more boring, laid back flinging shells from long range. It lack the portable dockyard of Conkek and also the necessary armor + HP pool to assume tanking role.

I find Thunderer is not a win game ship, but certainly a great support BB. Thunderer is not an AA ship, it has great AA sure , but not great enough to stop AP bombs from smashing you, whereas American BB in general are somewhat immune to AP bomb thanks to their armor layout.

• Cool 2

[IJN]
312 posts
5,152 battles

Done and dusted, let's hope Thunderer doesn't escape my grasp as well.

image.thumb.png.819d804548ebe47902c7d25d2adeab97.png

Now, how to build a captain for this thing...

[LGND]
609 posts
14,120 battles

You can got both but you need extra cash real money :
Coal > Thunderer
Real Money > Georgia
Both ships got a chance to be removed