Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gesterbein

I think This New BB USN need some Help (buff maybe)

9 comments in this topic

[LGND]
569 posts
13,704 battles

easy hit and scoring from 20 km, this is from Musashi....
Slava player and Sniping BB would happy to snipe entire USN New BB Branch (Chonk and Useless) :Smile_trollface:

Minnesota Shit.mp4_snapshot_00.13.920.jpg

[LBAS]
2,061 posts
3,738 battles

Buff?

- 60 sec damage control party..... basically easy to repair and anti HE spammer

- British super heal..... SLOW, Snail, tanky...... HE spammer will crying......

the Idea is slow and super tanky BB with less secondary compared to burning hall German Sheep but have secondaries

[151ST]
3,538 posts
11,931 battles

Anecdotal...

My recent experience with New York has indicated (to me) that the new US BB split could be good and I'm reserving judgement until I get my hands on them.

Sure, slow and chonky, not to mention long reloads isn't a fun thing in a range of conditions but I suspect careful positioning and good aim may mitigate most of that.

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

Anecdotal...

My recent experience with New York has indicated (to me) that the new US BB split could be good and I'm reserving judgement until I get my hands on them.

Sure, slow and chonky, not to mention long reloads isn't a fun thing in a range of conditions but I suspect careful positioning and good aim may mitigate most of that.

Understand, but how a slow ship performs at T5 is a lot different to how a Slow ship will perform at T10.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
3,538 posts
11,931 battles
6 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Understand, but how a slow ship performs at T5 is a lot different to how a Slow ship will perform at T10.

Not really, most BBs spend 90% of the map static or at 1/4.

23-25km range usually ranges 60+% of the map...

Most of the 'speed' issues come from being on a flank, I'm looking at these ships as 'central' fire support.

Or at least that's my tentative thinking, I'll make my own mind up when I get them.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

Not really, most BBs spend 90% of the map static or at 1/4.

23-25km range usually ranges 60+% of the map...

Most of the 'speed' issues come from being on a flank, I'm looking at these ships as 'central' fire support.

Or at least that's my tentative thinking, I'll make my own mind up when I get them.

True...

Being a lousy shot, I prefer to get a a bit closer, and use my presence to ‘threaten’ the enemy into not coming closer. (I’ve seen so many battle in which the numerically superior flank loses because they are 20 km away and allow the other team to push). Meaning I like a bit of speed for when I do have to run or reposition, especially when dealing with fast BBs such as the French ships.

But that’s my playstyle. I guess I’ll see when I get these BBs.

• Cool 2

[151ST]
3,538 posts
11,931 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

But that’s my playstyle. I guess I’ll see when I get these BBs.

Oh I'm not criticising, often when you don't travel with those flank fleets you get minced by the enemy CV(s).

But I'm thinking that the new ships have a chance at being viable is all.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
21 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Oh I'm not criticising, often when you don't travel with those flank fleets you get minced by the enemy CV(s).

But I'm thinking that the new ships have a chance at being viable is all.

No prob.

My general opinion is that most ships are viable in the right hands and Situations. The question usually arises with how versatile they are. What level of skill is required to use them effectively, how good are they at adapting to changing situations. Does their optimal playstyle add or subtract benefit from the team.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this