Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zeppy_Bomber

Richthofen

27 comments in this topic

[SMJB]
14 posts
3,385 battles

This ship from the Reich of Imagination can kill enemy cv with little price in several minutes. I suggest everyone playing this ship to kill enemy’s cv first to guarantee a success.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
20 minutes ago, Lama_Island said:

This ship from the Reich of Imagination can kill enemy cv with little price in several minutes. I suggest everyone playing this ship to kill enemy’s cv first to guarantee a success.

"little price" 

you mean at the little price of your average damage, your whole surface fleet getting farmed for free and your WR dropping into the red?

503185775257452544.png?v=1

if yeah, then I totally agree

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SMJB]
14 posts
3,385 battles
4 分鐘前,Drakon233 說:

"little price" 

you mean at the little price of your average damage, your whole surface fleet and your WR dropping into the red?

503185775257452544.png?v=1

if yeah, then I totally agree

Then you don’t do it

Pls.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
8 minutes ago, Lama_Island said:

Then you don’t do it

Pls.

ofc i wont, why would i possibly do something as naive as think that one can snipe a CV before your surface fleet crumbles lol?

Spoiler

just to give a idea of how stupid "much CV snipe" is

it takes around 3 minutes to locate an enemy CV in spawn at least, assuming he doesn't use FTs to counter you, sits perfectly still and let you AP rocket him and it does around 20k damage(you wont). it's still going to take at least 3-4 runs to kill him

that's 10 minutes, 10 minutes that your team has no spot, the enemy CV has free range to pick off your important teammates, 10 minutes of the caps being non-contested, all for the hope that you'll have enough time, points, planes and teammates to try and revive the match in your favor, and this is under the best conditions, assuming the enemy CV is actually braindead

totally not worth it and a stupid idea overall. The only people who advocate this crap are people who's never played the ship and saw someone else pull off a strike at the CV, what they dont realize is that this only happens when there's no one else to farm or if the enemy team is blobbing too hard, cant strike it and don't want to recall the planes for free

or in high ranked when literally everyone has the range and teamwork to burst down the enemy CV, but since any good CV worth his salt is playing MVR in raked anyways and cant be cit'd by it's own rockets you can pull off this "CV snipe" with literally any ship

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 2

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,497 posts
11,870 battles
35 minutes ago, Lama_Island said:

Although it's appealing to attack the enemy CV off the bat, and MVR is quite good at it, there are a few issues with the idea, as Drakon is alluding to.

You have to travel a lot further to attack a CV than a surface ship, so your rate of damage is much lower.  Any competent CV player will recognise it early, and make your life difficult through well placed fighters and maneuvering.  They won't be able to stop you killing them eventually if you're a good MVR captain, but they will be able to make it take a lot longer.  In the meantime the enemy CV will be at full effectiveness against your surface ships until they die.  If the enemy CV isn't very good, and lets you kill them without making your life difficult, then they probably wouldn't have had much effect on the battle anyway, so why are you killing them?

So basically, you're better off just attacking the most vulnerable or influential enemy surface ships.

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
1 minute ago, Moggytwo said:

Although it's appealing to attack the enemy CV off the bat, and MVR is quite good at it, there are a few issues with the idea, as Drakon is alluding to.

You have to travel a lot further to attack a CV than a surface ship, so your rate of damage is much lower.  Any competent CV player will recognise it early, and make your life difficult through well placed fighters and maneuvering.  They won't be able to stop you killing them eventually if you're a good MVR captain, but they will be able to make it take a lot longer.  In the meantime the enemy CV will be at full effectiveness against your surface ships until they die.  If the enemy CV isn't very good, and lets you kill them without making your life difficult, then they probably wouldn't have had much effect on the battle anyway, so why are you killing them?

So basically, you're better off just attacking the most vulnerable or influential enemy surface ships.

yeah this is basically what i wanted to say, but without the snark.

I'll elaborate a bit further on this if you don't mind

the reason that MVR (CVs in general, but especially MVR) is it's the ability to remove very influential surface ships from the match very early on and very fast, espially ships like a BB in a good kiteing holdout position, a radar ship behind a otherwise unreachable island, a kiteing firepower CA that's holding off your team's capital ships from pushing out. killing any of these ships can let you team get a early lead which snowballs into a win.

if you wasted that potential on trying to kill the enemy CV, even if you do succeed there's a very good chance that's he's already done the above to your team. 

so while it's a good meme strat when you dont care about winning, teammates or your stats, it's certainly not a strat that you'd take normally

• Cool 1

[SMJB]
14 posts
3,385 battles
就在剛剛,Moggytwo 說:

Thank you for replying so much. But actually I’ve been killed by MVR in a quit short time when playing hakuryu for many times and I have two teammates doing nothing but assist my aa defense. I and my friends could not have full effectiveness when while still escaping from MVR attacking. Ending up with a 70k damage. And when my friends takes his MVR, we decided to attack enemy cv just like the formal enemies. And we won for 6 times. What’s else, I hardly find any cv in rank battles now except MVR, and if there were other cvs, they will be killed at first blood by MVR likely. So may I conclude that, if the map is small, MVR can guarantee a success by attacking cv first and takes a little bit risk of losing when the maps get larger?

[SMJB]
14 posts
3,385 battles
5 分鐘前,Drakon233 說:

yeah this is basically what i wanted to say, but without the snark.

I'll elaborate a bit further on this if you don't mind

the reason that MVR (CVs in general, but especially MVR) is it's the ability to remove very influential surface ships from the match very early on and very fast, espially ships like a BB in a good kiteing holdout position, a radar ship behind a otherwise unreachable island, a kiteing firepower CA that's holding off your team's capital ships from pushing out. killing any of these ships can let you team get a early lead which snowballs into a win.

if you wasted that potential on trying to kill the enemy CV, even if you do succeed there's a very good chance that's he's already done the above to your team. 

so while it's a good meme strat when you dont care about winning, teammates or your stats, it's certainly not a strat that you'd take normally

Well I wonder how much time it would cost you if you were to kill an enemy cv with MVR? And in which way I could protect myself from being killed by MVR in a short time so that I can make significant changes? 

Edited by Lama_Island

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
1 minute ago, Lama_Island said:

Well I wonder how much time it would cost you if you were to kill an enemy cv with MVR?

without help and with typical RNG? i'd say anywhere from 8-14 minutes depending on how bad the enemy CV is and which CV it is

[SMJB]
14 posts
3,385 battles
1 分鐘前,Lama_Island 說:

Well I wonder how much time it would cost you if you were to kill an enemy cv with MVR?

[SMJB]
14 posts
3,385 battles
1 分鐘前,Drakon233 說:

without help and with typical RNG? i'd say anywhere from 8-14 minutes depending on how bad the enemy CV is and which CV it is

I guess you should try and you will find that in most cases it shall be much faster, never to mention that you are from a higher level clan and should be more skilled on this game.

[151ST]
3,539 posts
11,934 battles

@Drakon233 I don't have the link but could you check out Top Tier's YouTube MvR v FDR video (posted in last week or so) and let us know what you think?

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
17 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

@Drakon233 I don't have the link but could you check out Top Tier's YouTube MvR v FDR video (posted in last week or so) and let us know what you think?

i just watched the FDR part and I already feel like im wasting brain cells, so I'm not watching the MVR part

honestly listing the issues takes more time than watching it but here goes

he broadsided the enemy team at the start and got chunked at least twice for massive amounts of damage, barring that damage that he would have lasted for much longer

he went after the ships which have minimal impact on the match because "muh big number"

he dropped his FTs in a position where they would do jack shit

he didn't preturn to make the MVR's strike much harder and mitigate damage

and even in the short time that he was still alive he didn't do anything that would give an impact to the team after death

overall he sucks, and anyone using stupid players doing stupid plays to justify stupid starts is a dummkopf 

actually this is useful, as a "not to do when getting CV sniped"

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
23 minutes ago, Lama_Island said:

I guess you should try and you will find that in most cases it shall be much faster, never to mention that you are from a higher level clan and should be more skilled on this game.

look, 8+ minutes is my standard, and when I was still playing CVs regularly I was one of the top CVs on asia so that's already a very high standard. TBH i'd suggest looking at your own plays and figure out what's going on because if you are dieing within 8 minutes, it's a you problem, not MVRs being extra good at snipeing

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles

The reason Drakon is avid CV main. is because he wont ever get Detonated every 3 games or so 🤣

• Funny 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
2 hours ago, Lama_Island said:

Well I wonder how much time it would cost you if you were to kill an enemy cv with MVR? And in which way I could protect myself from being killed by MVR in a short time so that I can make significant changes? 

just saw the edit, it depends on where your team is going but generally, there are a few methods that work regardless of what map it is and what your teammates are doing

image.thumb.png.d010cb890cd5ebf7dce313f61f8a8db9.png

1st, remember that CVs mirror spawn, so you'll know pretty much where the enemy CV's point of origin will be, keep your bow/ass against that direction because if you are broadside then he can get into an attack run as soon as you are spotted, meanwhile if you are angled away he has to circle out before getting your broadside

2nd, don't turn right away if you see the enemy CV coming after you on the first strike (if his planes take forever to be seen then he's going for a strike), get a bit of speed up, and as soon as he hit's his initial strike you turn and kite away to the back, it's much harder to Penn a CV through it's ass because of how the deck armor is laid out, and you get more freedom to move without being strikes. if you turn right away there's a very high chance that some sniper BB will come and chunk you for 10-30k on your turn and then you'll be dead before the 5m mark

3rd, try to keep one of your sides protected by your main fleet, that way the CV either has to take a much longer way around to get to you or risk not having enough planes to actually strike you. this wastes both time and effort and that's how you drag your HP on till 15-14 minutes, if by this time you and your team haven't beaten the shit out of the enemy surface ships then I don't know what to say, it's not the fault of the CV getting sniped that lost the match

4th, if you feel a snipe is coming after you reverse positioned you can pop a FT near the side that's not being covered by the fleet and use it to stall time, the enemy CV has to either predump more planes to make a kamikaze strike, try to go around which gives you even more time to both adjust your positioning and maybe if the enemy CV is really bad just bait him to fly though it

2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

this example that S4pp3r asked me to check is a very good example of what NOT to do

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.85b633a254a661799ce35566d7bd455c.png

this idiot dumped his FT right over his head and that does literally nothing if the enemy CV is already splitting squads, if he had dumped it out more to the side then the enemy CV would have had to go through either the BB's AA or the FT itself to strike him

at the end of the day if a MVR REALLLLY wants to kill you, there's nothing that will stop him fully, your job is just make him pay a VERY heavy price for doing something this stupid 

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
12 minutes ago, humusz said:

The reason Drakon is avid CV main. is because he wont ever get Detonated every 3 games or so 🤣

i had to stop after moving because my current net is too bad to play CV consistently/competitively 

585846845855629316.png?v=1

Edited by Drakon233

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles
2 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

i had to stop after moving because my current net is too bad to play CV consistently/competitively 

I think the current patch is the one causing lag. rather than your net

I got 30ms ping, and Playing CV often cause weird stutter

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
1 minute ago, humusz said:

I think the current patch is the one causing lag. rather than your net

I got 30ms ping, and Playing CV often cause weird stutter

no, im sure it's my net, i havnt played CV seriously for the last 7 months cuz my net keeps cucking my damage

Edited by Drakon233

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles
Just now, Drakon233 said:

no, im sure it's my net, i havnt played CV seriously for the last 7 months cuz my net keeps cucking my damage

is it the part when you drop your bomb and it dont do damage after 5 second latter ? 🤣

that one is the one that really destroy the experience, Its definitly not Connection lag, because if it is, the bomb would totaly miss

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
1 minute ago, humusz said:

is it the part when you drop your bomb and it dont do damage after 5 second latter ? 🤣

that one is the one that really destroy the experience, Its definitly not Connection lag, because if it is, the bomb would totaly miss

no, just stablely unstable ping, it goes anywhere from 100-300 all the time, fine for surface ships that isn't DDs but not fine on CVs that you need to micro

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles
Just now, Drakon233 said:

no, just stablely unstable ping, it goes anywhere from 100-300 all the time, fine for surface ships that isn't DDs but not fine on CVs that you need to micro

ic, Mine was some weird Desync and stuttering.  it esp made Dive bomber uncomfortable to use

[151ST]
3,539 posts
11,934 battles

@Drakon233

I thought as much otherwise why isn't CV sniping a huge thing already (I hadn't seen much of it at all).

Friends on NA mentioned there wasn't really much in CB either.

Thanks for all the info, maybe you should do CV vids? 😉

Edited by S4pp3R

[151ST]
188 posts
4,311 battles

Just spot the cv with your planes as soon as the game starts, then let the one or two Yamato's do the rest 😉 

[BONED]
785 posts
9,720 battles

^^^ 

My finger hovers over the spotting plane key for exactly this at the start of CV games when in BB

Sign in to follow this