You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hurricaneflyer

Is it worth it to put one of my Epoch camos on the Sovetsky Soyuz?

Do I?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Hmmm?

• Go on ahead.
    • Ehhh...
    • Mention the possibility of this again and I will remove half of the Atoms from your Bones

11 comments in this topic

[IJN]
312 posts
5,152 battles

As the title states.

Also, any tips on how to use the Sovetsky Soyuz?          And is it worth it to keep the Vladivostok? (My bank balance isn't too healthy after purchasing both Venezia and Sovetsky Soyuz...)

• Funny 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,785 posts
28,575 battles

ships that are worth slapping the camos on in T9

Spoiler

kitakaze

kitakaze

jutland

kitakaze

udaloi

z46

buffalo

brindisi(barely)

roon (maybe)

izumo

kitakze

musashi/jean Bart/kronstrat/black/newtrash (for flexing)

Edited by Drakon233
  • Funny 3

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles
25 minutes ago, hurricaneflyer said:

Also, any tips on how to use the Sovetsky Soyuz?          And is it worth it to keep the Vladivostok? (My bank balance isn't too healthy after purchasing both Venezia and Sovetsky Soyuz...)

wait for T9 Italian BB then decide later

Edited by Manacetamol

5,696 posts
9,513 battles

Wait until the Halloween Update and play the new mode to farm more T9 camos :Smile_trollface: No longer having to make decisions :Smile_trollface:

(Don't mind me I'm just a wandering troll)

Edited by Paladinum

1,594 posts
7,984 battles

As the others have commented there exist better choices (or in other words, more competitive as a T9 tech tree ship) than Sovetsky Soyuz.

So I regret missing the Bionic permacamoes for Buffalo and Saint-Louis last spring when I was new to APAC Server...

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles

That depends on 2 factors.

1. Are you an F2P, or a whale kind of player?
If you are the former, are you going to keep the ship once you make it to Kremlin?
If you are the latter, then go ahead. Whales can buy anything they want after all....

2.Do you like the ship so much regardless its weakness? If not, then you should not link it to that ship as it would be a waste of a good stuff.

In case you're wondering why @Drakon233 mentioned Kitakaze repeatedly, that's because she's a solid DD.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,785 posts
28,575 battles
9 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

If you are the former, are you going to keep the ship once you make it to Kremlin?
If you are the latter, then go ahead. Whales can buy anything they want after all....

2.Do you like the ship so much regardless its weakness? If not, then you should not link it to that ship as it would be a waste of a good stuff.

In case you're wondering why @Drakon233 mentioned Kitakaze repeatedly, that's because she's a solid DD.

also the IJN DD lines cost the least XP to regrind, so if you want to go for NTC ships then getting that camo on kita is a good idea since you don't waste extra camos 

[IJN]
312 posts
5,152 battles
41 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

I'm a F2P player that lightly whaled (Atlanta, Z-39,König Albert,Vampire) in the past.

In fact, I only have one tier 10 perma-camo (the HSF Yamato one) so it makes playing tier 10s rather difficult from a economic standpoint.

My original POV was that because I'm a good BB player (relatively speaking) and that I'm quite low on expendable camos I thought it would be a good decision and that it would give me good mileage in the long run. At least that was my train of thought before I played a few games in her...

51 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

She's not bad, it's just that like most tier 9s she's not really anything groundbreaking (looking at you Georgia.).

I will be keeping her, mainly because at least she's not FDG and because I will buy any ship that looks like Kronshtadt.

59 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

48 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

also the IJN DD lines cost the least XP to regrind, so if you want to go for NTC ships then getting that camo on kita is a good idea since you don't waste extra camos 

image.thumb.png.2119289453605a29fe3d9abd93e9e1bb.png

I'm waiting until November so that I can grind Siegfried in one go.

And yes, the Kitaka(ze/mi) will get the other Epoch camo.

5,696 posts
9,513 battles
5 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

ships that are worth slapping the camos on in T9

Hide contents

kitakaze

kitakaze

jutland

kitakaze

udaloi

z46

buffalo

brindisi(barely)

roon (maybe)

izumo

kitakze

musashi/jean Bart/kronstrat/black/newtrash (for flexing)

I don't see Kitakaze in that list, even though she's a good ship. What the heck, drakon?

Also, thoughts on FdG, Alsauce, Neptune, Seattle, Drake, Donskoi, Riga and Saint-Luwee, O Great @Drakon233 ?

Edited by Paladinum

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,812 battles

You put in on the ship you want to play the most, end of story really. If that Russky BB is your thing, by all means. As others have said, given a free choice of any T9 that's not the most obvious pick, so if you are picking it because you have no other ships right now to use it on, maybe hold off idk.