Jump to content
Halsey_rex

X Valkyrie: PT GAME PLAY

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

804
[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
1 hour ago, Halsey_rex said:

What in the world in a nutshell are we doing in this game?

Same as Last Year, except different Mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[DAARK]
Member
185 posts
4,020 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Same as Last Year, except different Mechanics.

Yeah well thanks for them pearls of wisdom.

Now does anyone else know how to play this special PT game?

I don't understand the goal or how to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,235
Member
5,696 posts
9,513 battles
8 hours ago, Halsey_rex said:

Now does anyone else know how to play this special PT game?

Kill monsters to level up your ship. Each level up allows you to have a choice between 2 upgrades. Pick one that you feel like.

The monsters named "Lobster-eyed" can drop a "key". Pay attention to the timer on the top right side of the GUI. When the "Open Portal" timer goes to zero, regardless of having a key or not, head to the Portal at the center of the map. The Portal can also close, so pay attention.

If you feel like it, go fight other players.

Any player who couldn't get to the Portal with a Key before the Portal closes will have to fight other players in an arena.

Killing monsters and other players gives you points that you can spend in the Armory Arsenal. Currently unavailable in PT for some reasons. You earn more if: you get to the Portal with a Key in time -or- being the only survivor in the arena fight.

Right now, to get more modules for you ships, you have to read the requirements in the Mission screen in Port. I'm amazed at how many people don't bother doing some light reading before playing.

You can dynamically form and leave Division with other players during the match, and your Division mates will not get damaged by your weapons.

 

There are things that you will learn while playing the mode, so I can only give you the basics. Trying stuffs without knowing the result can be satisfying. Especially with the 2nd ship you can get - Gale.

I do find the new mode rather fun.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[PRINZ]
Member
81 posts

You can mount three different turrets on your ship (Both main and secondary turrets)
HE = Using HE shells only
AP = Using AP shells only
Motar = Using SAP shells only

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[DAARK]
Member
185 posts
4,020 battles
11 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Kill monsters to level up your ship. Each level up allows you to have a choice between 2 upgrades. Pick one that you feel like.

The monsters named "Lobster-eyed" can drop a "key". Pay attention to the timer on the top right side of the GUI. When the "Open Portal" timer goes to zero, regardless of having a key or not, head to the Portal at the center of the map. The Portal can also close, so pay attention.

If you feel like it, go fight other players.

Any player who couldn't get to the Portal with a Key before the Portal closes will have to fight other players in an arena.

Killing monsters and other players gives you points that you can spend in the Armory Arsenal. Currently unavailable in PT for some reasons. You earn more if: you get to the Portal with a Key in time -or- being the only survivor in the arena fight.

Right now, to get more modules for you ships, you have to read the requirements in the Mission screen in Port. I'm amazed at how many people don't bother doing some light reading before playing.

You can dynamically form and leave Division with other players during the match, and your Division mates will not get damaged by your weapons.

 

There are things that you will learn while playing the mode, so I can only give you the basics. Trying stuffs without knowing the result can be satisfying. Especially with the 2nd ship you can get - Gale.

I do find the new mode rather fun.

Gale was cool with torpedoes, but i couldnt figure out if i could switch to guns.

thank you for taking the time to explain for everyone.... i played a lot of games yesterday but had no idea what to do. The rest of the dockyard s closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[DAARK]
Member
185 posts
4,020 battles
6 hours ago, V_Wyvern said:

You can mount three different turrets on your ship (Both main and secondary turrets)
HE = Using HE shells only
AP = Using AP shells only
Motar = Using SAP shells only

Thank you. I cant wait to make coffee and get back to playingq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,235
Member
5,696 posts
9,513 battles
8 minutes ago, Halsey_rex said:

Gale was cool with torpedoes, but i couldnt figure out if i could switch to guns.

You cannot. Gale's primary weapon are the torpedoes. Her main "guns" are literally torpedo launchers.

The only BB - Heracles, doesn't have artillery for primary armament. Not guns, that is. That ship only has energy weapons as primary armament.

You will figure it out as you play. It's more fun that way 😉 

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[DAARK]
Member
185 posts
4,020 battles

I played a lot in 9.10 PT round 1...

I don't think I like it, at least not enough to play it regularly. It was a new game play and eventually I became frustrated---that's just me.

 I played many hours worth of Heracles, Gale and the other one... I think I liked Gale the best.

You form alliances-fine. Sometimes you don't....then you suffer. I ended up in the Octagon a few times--what a suffer fest.

9.10 battle mode was OK but I didn't like it enough to give up fighting battles on the 7-seas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×